QuickBooks activation and registration are the primary procedures after installing the application on the system. A user can’t run this application without activating it. In this article, we will let you know, how to register QuickBooks Desktop using the Intuit account, and how to activate QuickBooks Desktop. Meanwhile, you can drop a call to this toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 to get further help, and support from the certified QuickBooks experts.
Table of Contents
Important Point To Know Before Registering QuickBooks
- Always verify that QuickBooks is activated or NOT, to do this click on “F2” OR press and hold “CTRL+1”.
- In case you view that QuickBooks is ACTIVATED then you are set. If not, go with the below steps to activate.
- If in the case while activation you receive the error “The validation code is wrong” then verify the following things:
- Be sure that the License and the Product number are correct. If in case the product number doesn’t match the license number then change the product number first before moving forward with the activation.
- The validation code is right.
- Ensure that you have Internet Explorer 11 with TLS 1.2 enabled in your Operating System. Because after May 31, 2018, all connections that are used by QB Desktop to access Intuit services need these system requirements.
How to Activate or Register QuickBooks Desktop
When you face the activation or the setup Intuit account message on the screen then you can find the option, to activate the QuickBooks Desktop using an existing account or creating a new one.
If you have no existing account, then create a new one, and fill out all the required details in the ‘Create a user ID’ section for the activation process.
If you have an existing account then fill out the password and user ID to start the activation process.
Steps To Activate the QuickBooks Desktop on Windows
QuickBooks will prompt you for the activation, after the installation process of QuickBooks. At that time you can activate it by following the on-screen instructions.
And manually, you can also activate the QuickBooks software, by following the below procedure;
- First of all, open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the ‘Help‘ menu, and select the ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop‘ option.
- Now QuickBooks will instruct you to follow some instructions.
- So just follow the on-screen instructions to verify your information.
Alternative Way Activate QuickBooks in Windows
Here is an alternative way to make the QuickBooks software activate in Windows;
- Press the ‘F2‘ key from your keyboard.
- And, check the registration status in the ‘Product Information‘ section, on the right side of the license number.
- If it shows Activated, then you don’t need to do anything.
- If it is not Activated, then
- You have to select OK to close the Product Information Window.
- Now, you have to go to the ‘Help‘ menu and select Activate QuickBooks.
- Then you have to follow the onscreen prompts to verify your information.
- The process will be complete after following the on-screen instructions.
To Activate Older Versions of QuickBooks
It is seen that in older versions, discontinued products cannot be registered for the first time. And for that, you need to re-register discontinued products if they are written before and are reinstalled.
Steps To Activate the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Follow the procedure for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac;
- Go to their menu, and then select Register QuickBooks.
- Now, enter the License number and Product number, then select ‘Next‘.
- Next, select Register Online.
- And now, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the registration. If you don’t find any register option it means that the software is already registered.
QuickBooks Desktop activation issue in Registration
- If you find that the information you entered is not accepted. Then make sure it’s the same information you gave at the time of purchase.
- If you find any technical issues such as a blank screen or error message, try temporarily disabling your antivirus software.
- It creates issues when the product number doesn’t match that shown on the screen, you have to fix it.
- If you put an incorrect license/product number at the time of activation.
- Activation Key Error: Users may encounter an error message indicating that the activation key is incorrect or invalid. This can happen if the key was mistyped or if the user is trying to activate an older version of QuickBooks.
- You may face a blank screen issue while activating QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks requires an internet connection for activation. If there are issues with the user’s internet connectivity, activation may fail.
- QuickBooks licenses have a limited number of activations. If the user has exceeded the activation limit, they will need to contact QuickBooks support to resolve the issue.
- QuickBooks may not be compatible with the user’s operating system or hardware, which can prevent activation from completing.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have mentioned some most frequently asked questions below. Have a look at this:
How do I get an activation code for QuickBooks?
To get a validation code to activate the QuickBooks license, you need to contact QuickBooks technical support team. The support agent will review your account and provide an activation code. Here’s how you can contact to QuickBooks support team.
1. Open QuickBooks.
2. Go to Help and click QuickBooks Desktop Help.
3. Select Contact Us.
4. Add a brief description of your issue and hit Let’s talk, and choose a mode to connect.
How do I register QuickBooks on my desktop?
Here are the steps to register QuickBooks at Intuit.
1. Launch QuickBooks software.
2. Select the Help menu and click Register QuickBooks.
3. Select Begin Registration. Click Sign up.
4. Enter your email address, user ID, and password, and then confirm the password.
5. Enter your company name and answer the security question and click Next.
6. Select Create a New Business Profile and then click Next.
7. Provide all the details and click Next.
8. Enter your validation code and hit Finish to complete your registration.
How do I activate QuickBooks on a new computer?
If you switch to another computer you need to install QuickBooks on the new one with all your data. Follow the steps to do so:
1. Install QuickBooks into your new PC.
2. Once complete, create a backup copy of your company file on the old computer.
3. Copy the backup file to the new one through a network, using a flash drive or external device.
4. Restore the backup on the new system.
Hopefully, this will be an informative blog for you. And now you can do registration or activation the QuickBooks software successfully. However, feel free to dial our toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 to get assisted by the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for any kind of doubts regarding this.