What is QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
QuickBooks displays an error when you open a company file: Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.
Why is this happening? This error can occur when: Data is converted or restored over a network. Several computers are acting as host for the QuickBooks data file.
How do I fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80
Read this in-depth article about how to fix QuickBooks Error code 6000 80.
Scenario 1: When you face the error double clicking on the company file icon
- If you face this error in this scenario, go to (-6000, -80) when you double-click a company file.
Scenario 2: Update your workstations and your server to fresh release
- Even after the latest release update, the error continues to follow to the next step.
- Visit the update to the latest release page
Scenario 3: Use the tool – QuickBooks Desktop
- Download, install and run the QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.
- QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor will indicate if there is no problem, try the next step.
Scenario 4: Manually Resolve Error-6000, -80
- Configure QuickBooks Desktop files for firewall or security software
- Check permissions to access the company file
- Scan the company files
- Verify hosting on your computers
- Open the company file and check for damage from a different location
Contact QuickBooks Support: Dial 1855-441-4417