Are you going to move your file from QB Pro, Premier, Enterprise, or Mac to the Online version of QB? This blog is just for you. Read this step-by-step article to safely import your file into QB Online. If you installed a backup file of 2015 or earlier QB then you can download the latest version from QuickBooks desktop trial links and follow these steps to import. Go through the article and import QBO from QBD for windows (US & UK). For more details contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
Import to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Moving files from QB for Mac? We have given you step-by-step goodness you. If you have an older version of QB then install the free trial of QuickBooks for Mac 2014.
Import into QB Online from QB Enterprise
To move your files from QB Enterprise To QB Online. We have provided step-by-step guidelines.
Things to know Before you get started
- You can only import your QB Desktop data within 60 days of your QB online company will start. Your QB Desktop file will replace your entire data into QB online files and it overwrites any existing information.
- You should be an administrator user on your QBO account.
- You should be logged in as admin in your Desktop file.
- Your target must be under 350,000 QuickBooks files but the file size does not matter how it takes space. You can also trim the files. If you are completed the target or achieved the limit of the thank you will get the option to import your list balances.
- When you got an error regarding the importing files then see, Errors Importing to QuickBooks Online.
- If you understand the key differences and unsupported features prior to seeing, What’s not imported when you move from desktop to online.
How you Import from QuickBooks Pro/Premier for Windows
- Firstly you open QB Desktop and then log in as an admin.
- Click on Company, and choose Export company file to QBO.
- Sometimes the user cannot see this option then you follow these steps to update your QBD:
- Select Help, then update the kBooks option.
- Choose the updates from the update now window.
- After that click on Get updates. (If all updates are not downloaded, then the export company link may not appear on the screen.)
- Click on the close button.
- Then click on a file and go to Exit.
- Start your QB again and finish the installation or update purpose. These updates may take 15+ minutes to install, it depends on your last update process.
- When you enter your QBO login information then do agree to the terms and conditions of service and click on submit.
- If you have any record in your QuickBooks file or import from the latest version of QB, you will see this screen if you have done already inventory in the QuickBooks file or import from the latest version you can skip this step.
- Pick the online company that you want to import your data into or you can also create a new company.
- Click OK, Got it. After the process is done, QuickBooks email you.
You have to follow these steps if you track inventory in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Select Yes and mention the specific date.
- In QuickBooks online if you need to set up new items later then you have to select No.
- After completion of the conversion, you’ll get an email then click on the Complete your setup button.
- After doing the above steps you have to log in to your QuickBooks Online account.
- Then open the company file according to your need.
Now the QuickBooks Dashboard is open
After completion of moving you’ll get a congratulatory message.
You have the options to turn on the inventory for QuickBooks Online tracking by the given steps:
- Firstly you have to go to the gear icon ⚙️and select Account & settings.
- Then you have to select Sales.
- Now go to the Product & Services section and choose the ✏️ pencil icon that is Edit.
- After that, you have to go to the sales form and turn on Show Product/Service column.
- Now you can see the two options Track quantity and price/rate and Track inventory quantity on hand.
- Select save and then Done.
How to troubleshoot migration issue
After Import your file
- When the import of the file is completed you can sign in to your QBO account.
- We suggest you to please compare the profit and loss and balance sheet standard reports in QBO and QBD to ensure that your data was transferred correctly because sometimes the data can store incorrectly in the QB due to data transformation.
What to do after completing an import to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop Mac/Windows?
There are 2 things that are verified in your reports:
- All the data in a report can be in both products.
- Your accounting method must be set in accrual. Expected Report in Discrepancies: Cash Basis: The reports do not match using this accounting method because the desktop and online program doesn’t allow the transaction as given at the same time. Record Recalculation: Your Report cannot be matched if you import your inventory information due to FIFO recalculations that may have taken place.
- Multi-currency: – Transactions with 3 different types of currencies involved do not convert to QBO at this time.
You can also hire our expert to quickly resolve the problem for you. Discuss your problem with them. Dial QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904 now.