How To Import into QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop for Window (US and UK)
- Last Updated on: October 11th, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Online
Are you going to move your file from QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise or Mac to the Online version of QuickBooks? This blog is just for you. Read this step-by-step article to safely import your file into QB Online.
If you installed or a backup file of 2015 or earlier of QuickBooks than you can download the latest version of QuickBooks from QuickBooks desktop trial links then you follow these steps to import.
Using Import into QuickBooks online from QuickBooks Desktop for Mac:
Moving files from QuickBooks for Mac? We have given you step-by-step goodness to you. If you have an older version of QuickBooks than installed the free trial of QuickBooks for Mac 2014.
Using Import into QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Enterprise:
To move your files from QuickBooks Enterprise To QuickBooks Online. We have provided step-by-step guidelines.
Before you use it:
You can only import your QuickBooks Desktop data within the 60 days of your QuickBooks online company will start. Your QuickBooks Desktop fill will replace your entire data into QuickBooks online files and its overwrite any existing information.
If you as administrator user in your both files QuickBooks Desktop file and your QuickBooks Online account.
Your target must be under in 350,000 of QuickBooks file but the file size does not matter how it takes space.You can also trim the files. If you are completed the target or achieving the limit of the thank you will get the option to import your list balances.
If you have got an error regarding the importing files than see, Errors Importing to QuickBooks Online.
If you understand the key differences and unsupported features prior see, What’s not imported when you move from desktop to online.
When you are ready then follow these steps:-
When you Import from QuickBooks Pro/Premier for Windows
- Firstly you open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Company choose Export company file to QuickBooks Online. Sometimes the user cannot see this option then you follow these steps to update your QuickBooks Desktop:
a) Select on help than the update QuickBooks option.
b)Choose the updates from the update now window.
c)Click on Get updates.(If all updates are not downloaded than export company link cannot appear on the screen.)
d)Click on close option.
e)Click on file or click Exit.
f)Start your QuickBooks again and finish the installing or update purpose. These updates may take 15+ minutes to install, it depends on your last update process.
- When you enter your QuickBooks online login information that you agree to the terms and condition of service and click on submit.
- If you have any record in your QuickBooks file or import from the latest version of QuickBooks, you will see this screen if you have done already inventory in QuickBooks file or import from the latest version you can skip this step.
- Pick your online company which you want to import your data into or you can also create a new company.
- Click On OK, Got it.When All the process is done, we’ll email you.
After Import your file:
- When the import of file is completed you sign in your QuickBooks Online Account.
- We suggest you please compare the profit and loss and balance sheet standard reports in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop to ensure that your data was transferred correctly because sometimes the data can store incorrect in the QuickBooks due to data transformation.
What you do after completing an import to QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop Mac/Windows?
There are 2 things are verified to your reports:
- All the data in a report can in the both products.
- Your accounting method must be set in accrual. Expected Report in Discrepancies: Cash Basis: The reports do not match using this accounting method because the desktop and online program doesn’t allow the transaction as give as the same time. Record Recalculation: Your Report cannot be matched if you import your inventory information due to FIFO recalculations that may have taken place.
- Multi-currency: – Transactions with 3 different types of currencies involved do not convert to QuickBooks Online at this time.
You can also hire our expert to quickly resolve the problem for you. Discuss your problem with them. Dial QuickBooks support number +1-855-441-4417 now.