Do you know how to connect your American Express business account to QuickBooks Online? If not then, read the article till the end. This will make your accounting easier, and auto categorizes the bank, and credit card transactions. Here we will discuss, how to import American Express into QuickBooks Online, and why should you connect it to your QuickBooks Online account. In the meanwhile, you can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor through the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 to get detail about this.
As every QuickBooks Online users know, online banking is the most powerful feature of QuickBooks Online. It downloads and categorizes credit card, and debit card transactions automatically. Let’s make it easier, and more powerful by importing American Express into QuickBooks Online.
Why You Should Connect American Express Business Account with QuickBooks Online
The advantages of connecting the American Express business account with QuickBooks Online are as follows.
- In QuickBooks, you can easily get more information about payments. An attached PDF document on the Banking page gives you important vendor info.
- If you have multiple cardholders, it will be beneficial for you. You can see the cardholder’s name in the transactions memo field.
- And, if you are using the spend manager app, the invoices you have uploaded are also displayed in QuickBooks.
- Categories of your QuickBooks will also show in Spend Manager. You can easily tag transactions with QuickBooks categories directly with the help of Spend Manager.
Procedure to Import American Express into QuickBooks Online: Other Useful Resources
Follow these steps to connect the American Express business account to QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Create the American Express account in QuickBooks
If you do have not an American Express business account then you need to create one.
- Firstly, you have to login to QuickBooks Online.
- And then, go for the ‘Accounting’ option and choose the ‘Chart of accounts’ option.
- Then, you need to click on the ‘New’ tab to create an account.
- After that, you should choose the ‘Credit Card’ option from the ‘Account type drop-down menu.
- Enter your account name and details.
- When the process is completed, go to the ‘Save and Close button.
Step 2: Connect your American Express Business account
- Firstly, you have to go to the ‘Banking’ or ‘Transaction’ menu.
- If the very first time, you are connecting an account then choose the ‘Connect’ option on the landing page. Or if you have already connected with online banking accounts then choose the ‘Add Account option.
- You need to go to the search bar and type ‘American Express Business Credit Card’. Then select it and choose the ‘Continue’ option.
- You should log in with your American Express user ID and password, in the pop-up window.
- You have to choose the account that you want to connect with QuickBooks.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, you have to choose the account type for every account that you are created.
- After that, you need to choose the date range for download.
- In the end, you should choose the ‘Connect’ option.
Now, your American Express business accounts are connected with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online will download your transaction automatically. You can see your transactions in the banking or transaction menu.
So this was the procedure to import the American Express business account to QuickBooks Online. Hopefully, it will be beneficial for you still, if you have any queries regarding this topic then contact the QuickBooks experts through this toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for the appropriate QuickBooks Online service.
How do I connect If I have more than one American Express Account like a Business or Personal Account?
It is not a big deal if you have more than one account with American Express You can connect easily both accounts with QuickBooks Online without any hassle. You have to follow the above procedure to connect your American Express with QuickBooks Online. But make sure that connect one account at a time to avoid issues in adding transactions.
What to do if American Express accounts are grayed out?
If you face this issue then you have to follow the given steps. Firstly you have to disconnect the grayed account from the American Express website.
- Open the American Express website.
- Now on the home page, you have to select Account Services.
- In the Account Services menu, you’ll find the Security & Privacy option just click on it.
- After that, you have to select “Manage Partner Permission” and then Intuit.
- Now you are in the final stage where you have to select the “Disconnect” option to stop the connection.
- After doing the aforementioned steps you have to reconnect the American Express Account by doing the given steps in this article.
What to do if some transactions are missing?
- It is common that some transactions are missing, you don’t need to get panic about these issues. American Express syncs your daily transaction to QuickBooks but sometimes data are missing, you can wait for 10 business it may take time to transfer.
- If even after 10 days your transaction is not updated then contact directly at +1-844-405-0904 helpline number. Executive may ask for some information regarding your data like :
- The total amount of transaction that is missing
- On which date your transaction is processed
- Transaction Id