Do you know how to connect your American Express business account to QuickBooks Online? If not then, read the article till the end. This will make your accounting easier, and auto categorizes the bank, and credit card transactions. Here we will discuss, how to import American Express into QuickBooks Online, and why should you connect it to your QuickBooks Online account. In the meanwhile, you can find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor through the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 to get detail about this.
As every QuickBooks Online users know that, online banking is the most powerful feature of QuickBooks Online. It downloads and categorizes the credit card, and debit card transactions automatically. Let’s make it easier, and more powerful by importing the American Express into QuickBooks Online.
Why You Should Connect American Express Business Account with QuickBooks Online
The advantages of connecting the American Express business account with QuickBooks Online are as follows.
- In QuickBooks, you can easily get more information about payments. An attached PDF document on the Banking page gives you important vendor info.
- If you have multiple cardholders, it will be beneficial for you. You can see the cardholder’s name in the transactions memo field.
- And, if you are using the spend manager app, the invoices you have uploaded are also displayed in QuickBooks.
- Categories of your QuickBooks will also show in Spend Manager. You can easily tag transactions with QuickBooks categories directly with the help of Spend Manager.
Procedure to Import American Express into QuickBooks Online:Other Useful Resources:Procedure to Import American Express into QuickBooks Online:
Follow these steps to connect the American Express business account to QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Create the American Express account in QuickBooks
If you do have not an American Express business account then you need to create it.
- Firstly, you have to login to the QuickBooks Online.
- And then, go for the ‘Accounting’ option and choose the ‘Chart of accounts’ option.
- Then, you need to click on the ‘New’ tab to create an account.
- After that, you should choose the ‘Credit Card’ option from the ‘Account type’ drop-down menu.
- Enter your account name and details.
- When the process is completed, go to the ‘Save and Close’ button.
Step 2: Connect your American Express Business account
- Firstly, you have to go to the ‘Banking’ or ‘Transaction’ menu.
- If the very first time, you are connecting an account then choose the ‘Connect’ option on the landing page. Or if you have already connected with online banking accounts then choose the ‘Add Account’ option.
- You need to go to the search bar and type ‘American Express Business Credit Card’. Then select it and choose the ‘Continue’ option.
- You should log in with your American Express user ID and password, in the pop-up window.
- You have to choose the account that you want to connect with QuickBooks.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, you have to choose the account type for every account that you are created.
- After that, you need to choose the date range for download.
- In the end, you should choose the ‘Connevt’ option.
Now, your American Express business accounts are connected with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online will download your transaction automatically. You can see your transactions in the banking or transaction menu.
So this was the procedure to import American Express business account to QuickBooks Online. Hopefully, it will be beneficial for you still, if you have any queries regarding this topic then contact the QuickBooks experts through this toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for the appropriate QuickBooks Online service.