Do you know about your QuickBooks software? Do you know the version and release of QuickBooks Accounting Software? It’s very important to know about the different QuickBooks versions and release, before doing any troubleshooting on your QuickBooks product, so you can update QuickBooks as needed. Read this article to know how to check the version and release of QuickBooks software.
Follow the instructions to Find the version and release of QuickBooks software and also how to update it if needed.
QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, or Enterprise)
- Press F2. On the Product Information window, check the Product line to know its version and also release it.
- If you need to Update your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, then read Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
Apply this to know the version of QuickBooks last used to open your file
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, press F2 or Ctrl+1.
- Now Go to the Product Information window and see the file section to find the Versions Used
- The most recently used version is shown at the bottom of the list:
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
|V25||QuickBooks Desktop 2015|
QuickBooks for Mac (the US only)
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help menu > Product Information, to check version and release.
- Check if your QuickBooks Desktop for Mac needed an update.
QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- To check the version and release: Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Reports menu > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW). When the program opens, Select Help > About QuickBooks Statement Writer. The information of the version is found in the About Window.
- To update your QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Open QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- Select the Help Center > Update.
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced Payroll (the US only)
- Apply this to check your payroll version: Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Employees menu > Payroll Center.
- Choose the Payroll tab to check the Subscription Status window.
- To download the latest payroll update, see Download the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) (the US only)
- Apply this to check your POS version and release:
- go to the Help menu > About Point of Sale. You can see the release and version in the Product line at the top.
- If your QuickBooks Point of Sale needs to be updated, Update QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop to the latest release.
QuickBooks Merchant Services or QuickBooks Payments (the US only)
From the start, QuickBooks is only used as an entry point. There is no version or release available.
I hope this will help you to understand the process to solve your query. If you want any further discussion on this topic then Contact our Intuit Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor. In order, the get help for your QuickBooks problems, Contact our toll-free QuickBooks Help Number +1-855-441-4417 and get instant help.
Thanks for giving your valuable time reading this article. You’re always welcome to visit us anytime soon if you have any other queries in your mind. We are very happy to help you with this post.