Here, you’ll get detailed information about how and from where to download a copy of Quicken. Remember that copying a file will take all or part of your current file and creates a new file with a different name. The best thing about Quicken is that it doesn’t change the original file, though the copy contains all the accounts in the original file. In fact, the copy contains all the accounts in the original file.
In case, if you want to copy transactions within a certain date range then you can copy part of a file in order to start a new file for a new fiscal year. You can also copy your reminders, transaction groups, memorized payees, and categories without copying any transactions to a new file.
Interestingly, you can download a copy of Quicken at any time from your my account page on Quicken.com. Let’s discuss in detail about how to download a copy of Quicken
Instructions to download a copy of Quicken
- Initially, you need to open the file which you want to copy. And when you start Quicken then it will open the last file you used. In order to work with a different file in the same folder, you need to choose File menu > Open Quicken File. It also helps in finding a file in another folder.
- Next, choose File menu > File Operations > Copy.
- After that in the copy the current Quicken file field, just accept or change the location name for the file copy. If you want then you can also tap the Browse button to change the location where the file copy will save to.
- Rules for Naming: Just be careful while naming the Quicken file, avoid using these characters:*? < > | “ : \ /(asterisk, question mark, left and right angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, backslash, forward slash).
- The .qdf extension is not needed; Quicken will help you with that.
- And, finally in the Include Transactions From and To fields, you can set the dates for transactions you want to copy. You’ll find that quicken inserts the first and last dates used in the current file.
- Now again you need to select the Include All Prior Uncleared Transactions that occurred outside the specified date range.
- Click OK.
- Now, click New Copy after the file was copied successfully.
- Then click OK.
Moving further these are the important steps that need to be followed:
- Go to quicken.com and click on sign In >Account.
- Next, enter your Quicken ID and password.
- Search your plan on the page, there will be the option to download the windows.
How to get a replacement copy of Quicken:
Quicken allows software for the replacement of new versions of Quicken.
- At first, you need to discover download option in your Quicken account: Try to register into your Quicken.com account to download your copy of Quicken again.
- In case, if you fail to discover your copy of Quicken: discover your proof of acquiring to “help us” quickly process your replacement order.
Where is the Quicken install file located?
There are three simple methods to locate missing install files.
The Download folder
Well, to find the install files you need to check your web browser download folder. Also, you’ll find that the file will be there only unless you change their location. You can find this folder in the following browsers.
- GOOGLE CHROME
- MOZILLA FIREFOX
- INTERNET EXPLORER
Again if you can’t find your Quicken install files, then search your computer from a file name.
It will start with QW and end with exe.
- Click on START.
- Click on the search box.
- Type qw*.exe.
- Run the search.
- After installing the file, you need to double-click the file from the search results to start the installation.
If Quicken is there from Quicken.com, the download should be available for three years. You can download it again if you can’t find the original download.
All quicken users require email addresses and create a user IDs. If you forget your username or password then you can recover them on the Quicken website. You may also want to install the software instantly rather than simply save the file so you can use it later.
How to move Quicken data one computer to another
Here are so many things to understand before you move your data files :
- you don’t need to buy another copy of Quicken to move your data file, but the same version of Quicken should be installed on the computer you’re moving your data files to:
- for steps to download and reinstall a digital copy
- for steps to reinstall from a CD copy
- Subscription release users can access Quicken on the Web on any computer to review account, without needing to install Quicken on additional computers.
- you also make backup files on the network, you should not open or run Quicken on a network, or share your data files between to computers at the same time.
- if you want to move your file to a different version of Quicken, windows to Mac or Mac to windows you will need to convert the file.
I hope the given information is helpful for you, but if you still have any queries related to Quicken support. Don’t hesitate to dial our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417.