Sometime, you might get an error that displays: Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. But you don’t have to worry about it anymore, because here in this article, we’ll discuss in detail all the reasons why Quicken is currently unable to verify financial institution information for download.
Reasons behind Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution
This error occurs for the following reasons:
- Because of changing the date of your system.
- The financial institution does not support the release of Quicken that you are using.
- Also, Information on the financial institution is missing or inaccurate.
- Account type you are using in Quicken may not support by the financial institution.
While using Quicken 2015
This type of error occurs in Quicken 2015 because of the discontinuation of connected services. And, for more details about discontinuation policy, you can check Currently Supported Quicken Products.
Currently Supported Quicken Products (Discontinuation Policy)
|Quicken Product||Discontinuation Date|
|Quicken for Mac 2007 and 2007 for Lion||See quicken Support Policy|
|Quicken 2015 Canada||May 31, 2018|
|Quicken 2016 Canada||May 31, 2019|
|Quicken 2015 Windows and Mac||April 30, 2018|
|Quicken 2016 Windows and Mac||April 30, 2019|
|Quicken 2017 US Windows and Mac||April 30, 2020|
|Quicken Subscription Products||Based on subscription length purchased|
|Quicken Premium Support||One year from purchase date or upon subscription expiration|
Related Article: How to fix Quicken no longer Download Bank Transaction?
Methods to Fix: Quicken Unable To Verify Financial Institution Information For Download
Method 1: Refresh your account information with the bank:
- Select the Tools menu and pick an Online center.
- Click the drop-down arrow of Financial Institution and then select financial institutions.
- For selecting Contact Info Press CTRL+Shift.
- From the drop-down list, select one of the accounts associated with the bank.
- From the list, Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile & then click Refresh for the updating, branding and profile information.
- Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button. Click OK & by clicking the Update/Send button go online.
- Try your online session again.
Method 2: Try to Deactivate and then Reactivate Quicken Account
Follow the steps given below carefully to deactivate your Quicken account.
- Select the Tools menu & then select Account List.
- Select the account which you want to deactivate in the account list & then click Edit.
- Click the Online Services tab in the Account Details window.
- Next, to the service, Click Deactivate which you want to disable.
- if you want to disable this service, Click Yes to the message prompt.
- Click OK.
- Attempt your online session again.
Now reactivate the Quicken account and for this,
- First, go to the Tools menu and select the Account List option or press (ctrl + a) on the keyboard.
- Then, click on the Edit to open the account details window.
- Now in the Account Details window, open the Online Services tab.
- Here, click on the Set Up Now option.
- After that, you need to enter your login credentials i.e. User ID and password.
- Next, click on the Connect.
- If you find Link instead of adding the account then it means the account is connected.
- Finally, click on the Next to finish.
If this also doesn’t resolve the error then follow the steps given below:
Method 3: Make sure the time and date of your system are correct:
- At the bottom of your window click the date and time section. If the date is incorrect then change it and click on apply. You also have to check the Timezone, it also needs to be correct.
- Click OK and try the transaction download again.
Method 4: You have to make sure that you have updated version of Quicken:
- Go to Help & Check the Updates.
- If an update is available, a prompt will appear giving you the option to install it.
- Click Yes to install the update.
If you’re currently using Quicken 2015:
This type of issue established when discontinuation of connected services for quicken 2015 occurs. It also includes downloading transactions and importing files services also prompt then type of error if it interrupted. You also have to update your Quicken version for the continuation of online services.
Related Article: How to fix Quicken error OL-301-a in simple steps?
If you’ve recently updated from Quicken 2015:
In Quicken, this error occurs if your branding and profile information has not been updated. And for resolving this issue you have to wait for 24 hours for the updating of branding and profile information. Or you can also do a manual Refresh your account information with the bank by following the information which is discussed above. You have to this manual refresh for every financial institution.
If even after applying all the methods above your Quicken is still unable to verify the financial institution then we recommend you to contact Quicken support through our 24/7 toll-free customer support number +1-855-441-4417. Our experts have a lot of experience in resolving these kinds of errors.