After the integration of QuickBooks Time with QuickBooks Online, you get more options to set up or edit in the QuickBooks Integration Preferences window. This is necessary to run the integration process successfully. Here, in this article, we will discuss the setting up procedure of QuickBooks integration preferences in QuickBooks Time. To get help from our QuickBooks ProAdvisor dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Table of Contents
Steps to Set Up QuickBooks Integration Preferences:
You have to choose the ‘QuickBooks’ drop-down in the top right in QuickBooks Time then go to the ‘Preferences’ tab.
First of all, go to the ‘QuickBooks Drop-Down‘ menu, and select the ‘Preferences‘ tab from the list to set up it. and follow the outline steps to set up integration preferences one by one.
Show the Employee Timesheets
- The employees will see these options on their time cards and their time can be tracked.
- Customers & Jobs: Your employees need to choose a customer while checking in, and if applicable, a job before they can check in. This option can only be edited in the first integration. If you’ve already integrated but want to change it, take help with a different setup.
- Service Items: If this option is selected, then before checking out, your employees need to choose one of these from your QuickBooks Service Items list.
- Choice: If this option is selected, your employees should have the option to mark time as billable or not. Billable items can be used while invoicing in QuickBooks.
- Class: If this is selected, before checking out, your employees need to choose a class.
Exporting Time to QuickBooks
You can choose any one of these options before exporting time to QuickBooks.
Option (1): Export approved timesheets while syncing(Only for QuickBooks Desktop):
Put a tick mark on his box while you start exporting approved timesheets when running sync for QuickBooks Desktop.
Option (2): Don’t export timesheets before this date:
To set up a date to start the timesheet export, you have to click on the ‘Calendar’ icon and choose a date. Don’t export to QuickBooks during syncs.
Automatic import from QuickBooks (Only in QuickBooks Online)
The QuickBooks Online integration allows an automatic import of any new or edited information in QuickBooks to QuickBooksTime. To stop importing, go to the ‘QuickBooks’ option and click on the ‘Preferences’ tab.
In the ‘Automatically import changes to’ option, you need to deselect the items you don’t want to import automatically. To disable the entire automatic import, you should deselect the ‘Automatically import for changes made in QuickBooks’ option.
- Automatically import changes made in QuickBooks
- Automatically import changes to:
- Service Items
Subscribe for Email (Only in QuickBooks Desktop)
Email a status report after every QuickBooks sync.
Follow the procedure to sync the report:
- Go to the ‘QuickBooks‘ drop-down menu.
- And then click on the ‘ Sync Log‘ option.
Choose the option to send a sync report (QuickBooks dropdown then Sync Log) on your email.
Other Setting Up Options:
Disable notifications after every QuickBooks sync error (Only for QuickBooks Desktop):
Errors will come regularly in the sync log, but you will not get a pop-up message about sync errors on your web dashboard.
Import Vendors as Employees:
It offers to import your vendors as employees from QuickBooks into QuickBooks Time. It is used by companies that provide jobs for 1099 contractors. All active vendors in QuickBooks will be imported into QuickBooks Time.
Send an email if Employee or Vendor details change (Only for QuickBooks Online):
When employee or vendor information is updated in QuickBooks, select the ‘Get an email notification’ option. so, you know when to import to update QuickBooks Time.
Run Payroll Item Mapping Tool
It is compulsory to have at least one payroll item mapped before time can be exported to QuickBooks. Run the tool to map employees’ payroll items to the appropriate time types in QuickBooks Time.
In this article, we discussed the setup process of QuickBooks integration preference in QuickBooks Time. We hope this was helpful for you. In case you need further assistance, dial our toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.