The 12000 series error codes occur only when Windows Internet connectivity errors have arrived from the Microsoft Win32 Internet (WinInet) application programming interface (API). As QuickBooks Desktop works with the WinInet API that provides simple access via standard Internet protocols, like Gopher, FTP, and HTTP. These errors can display in QuickBooks while downloading or receiving an update. This error occurs in different codes, so in this article, we will discuss 12000 series error codes and the solutions too. Still, the problem remains then contact us on:+1-844-405-0904
List of 12000 Series Error Codes
- 12001 through 12006: QuickBooks Desktop cannot complete this update. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved.
- 12007: QuickBooks Desktop cannot find an IP address for a server. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved.
- 12008 through 12164: QuickBooks Desktop cannot complete this update. Make sure the Internet connection is working properly, and then try updating later to see if the problem has been resolved. See Troubleshooting QuickBooks update errors.
- 12052: The 12052 error is a nonspecific error message that indicates a connectivity issue is preventing QuickBooks from downloading updates.
You might face the above issue because of a slow internet connection. Try sending in safe mode to resolve your error.
How To Fix These Errors: Solution Guide for 12000 Series Error Codes
Solution for 12057 Error
- First, you need to close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, go to the Internet Explorer.
- Look for the Tools option on the top right side of the screen and click on Internet Options.
- Next, click on the Advanced tab.
- Now, look for the Security group and go to clear the checkbox for Check for server certificate revocation and Check for publishers’ certificate revocation.
- Later, quit and relaunch the Internet Explorer.
- Now, minimize the Internet Explorer and again open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After performing the all above steps you need to try to payroll updates again.
Test the Internet connection outside of the QuickBooks desktop to open your web browser and open a website you don’t usually visit (to make sure the page is not cached). If you cannot see this site, the problem is with an Internet connection outside of QuickBooks.
Go with these steps if you can view the website:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, click on Help, and next click on the Internet Connection Setup.
- Click on Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to set a connection when this application accesses the Internet. Then select Next.
- Next, select Advanced Connection Settings then look for the Advanced tab and click on it.
- Later, drag down to the Security group, assure that Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are chosen.
- Go to OK. select Done.
- Here, you have to re-examine the configuration of Internet security and personal firewall settings.
Note: If you still have an issue and need technical assistance with the issue, then reach your Internet service provider or ISP for internet settings.
12152 when downloading payroll updates: This error message can appear when the Internet Connection Settings in QuickBooks are not configured correctly.
Note: Before starting the configuration procedure that follows, make sure that you are connected to the Internet and can access a secure site by doing the following:
- Head to the Account Maintenance Pages,
- And next, go to the Internet browser and be sure you are connected to the internet.
- Log in to the secure site of your own bank’s website like wellsfargo.com, bankofamerica.com. If the address bar of your website shows https://, then it means you are surfing the secure site.
Here are the steps to configure the Internet connection settings:
- Go to QuickBooks and click on Help, next click on the Internet Connection Setup.
- Choose Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet. Now, choose to Next. when the second box does not open for the Internet settings:
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Next, double-click Internet Option.
- Next, go to the Advanced Connection Settings.and look for the Advanced tab and click on it.
- Now, go to the bottom of the Settings window. Re-examine that the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options are choosen.
- Select OK. and then click on Done.
- Now, again try to update.
Important: Once check, your QuickBooks Desktop is not being blocked by a firewall. And restart your computer in Safe Mode and try to download payroll updates.
Steps to solve 12157 error code
The solution for the error code is to Restore Advanced Settings, To do this check out the below steps:
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop, and go to your Internet Explorer browser.
- Next, head to the Tools menu and click on the Internet Options.
- Later, go to the Advanced Tab.
- Choose the Restore Advanced Settings button.
If any one of the solutions does not work successfully then you can update QuickBooks to the latest version, restart your system, and again open the QuickBooks or QuickBooks Payroll.
Hope, this solution on 12000 Series Error Codes will be helpful for you to deal with this error. If still, you are facing the same issue then feel free to contact our support team(Intuit Certified ProAdvisors) and get instant help anytime. We are welcome your queries.