Are you looking for an article to fix QuickBooks error 392? Don’t wander any more, here is the article to cater you all the related information. There are several errors with QuickBooks, QuickBooks error code 392 is also one of them. But you don’t have to worry about it, this article is here to aid you. Go through the article to get all your answers and understand the process to fix this issue along with the causes. For more info contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
While using QuickBooks sometimes we faced some error? Our QuickBooks may not work properly, this may happen because of some error in the program. We will discuss here such an error: QuickBooks error 392. It generates when the active program window crashes.
Due to QuickBooks Error Code 392, the computer crashes frequently, especially when the same program is being run. It clearly displays the ‘QB Error 392 message’. When this error generates Windows run very slowly and any kind of input whether by mouse or by keyboard responds very sluggishly. And sometimes the computer freezes for a few seconds.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 392
Here are the main reasons why Error code 392 occurs, while program installation or installing the Windows operating system. Check out the below steps:
- This error may cause because of Incomplete QuickBooks installation or a corrupted download.
- QuickBooks change in installation or un-installation.
- Due to damaged windows system files and infected QuickBooks program files.
- May be due to the deletion of important QuickBooks files by mistake or by some program.
Follow the steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 392
- First, You have to Try Repairing Registry Entries Related to QuickBooks Error 392.
Note: If you are not an expert and trying Manually editing the Windows registry please don’t do this by yourself because wrong editing can completely stop the computer from working or functioning properly. And the damage to the operating system can be permanent. A small mistake can stop you from rebooting. Even a wrong comma put in an incorrect place can also stop your computer from rebooting.
So if you are not an expert then please take some advice from QuickBooks expert before applying steps given below:
- Create a backup by exporting a part of the registry related to Error 392 (example, QuickBooks)
- Click on the Start button.
- Put in ‘command’ in the search box. But, Don’t hit Enter yet!
- When Hit on “enter” Keep holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard.
A permission dialogue box will be prompted on display.
- Select Yes. Now, a black box will get opened with a blinking cursor.
- Now Type “regedit” and press ENTER.
- Select the Error 392 related key that you want to backup, In the Registry Editor.
- From File Menu, select Export.
- Select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key in the Save list.
- Now Write a name for your backup file in the File Name box.
Make sure that the ‘Selected branch’ is selected in the Export Range box.
- Click on the Save button.
- Now The file gets saved with a .reg file extension.
- After this, contact an expert for manually editing your registry.
- And Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
This QuickBooks error can be due to a virus or malware infection on your computer too. It can damage, delete or corrupt Runtime Errors-related files. After that Clean, everything in Your System like the temporary folders or files with the help of Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr). This is not only for error 392 but the cleaning of hard drive enhances computer performance too.
- select the Start button.
- Then Type “command” in the search box… but, Do not press Enter immediately
- Keep holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, simultaneously hit ENTER.
A permission dialogue box will appear on your window.
- select Yes. Now A black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Write “cleanmgr” in it and press ENTER.
- Then calculate how much you can reclaim from the occupied disk space.
- In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, a series of checkboxes will have to be selected. Temporary Files take up most of the disk space.
- Check the boxes for the categories that you want to clean. Press OK.
Other possible solutions like as:
- Update the computer Device Drivers
- Utilizing Windows System Restore so that you can Undo recent changes in the system.
- Uninstallation and re-installation of the QuickBooks Program related to Error 392
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scan now”)
- Installing all Windows updates that are available
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows
Hope, the above mentioned solution will work for to resolve QuickBooks error code 392, but if you need any technical assistance, then feel free to call us on our toll-free and get instant technical help from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors, We are 24*7 available in the assistance of our clients.