QuickBooks Error 392: How to fix, resolve this error
- Last Updated on: December 8th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
There are Several errors with QB accounting program that may create the unnecessary problem in your way while using QB.QuickBooks error 392 is also one them. But you don’t have to worry, just do one thing. Call our QuickBooks technician immediately. They will give you best assistance to resolve your problem.
While using QuickBooks sometimes we faced some error? Our QuickBooks may not work properly, this may happen because of some error in the program. We will discuss here such an error: QuickBooks error 392. It generates when the active program window crashes.
Due to QuickBooks Error Code 392, the computer crashes frequently, especially when the same program is being run. It clearly displays ‘QB Error 392 message’. When this error generates Windows run very slowly and any kind of input whether by mouse or by keyboard responds very sluggishly. And sometimes the computer freezes for few seconds.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 392
QuickBooks Error message 392 shows during a program installation or during shutting down & starting Windows or while installing the Windows operating system. There are many reasons for this error, some are listed below:
- A corrupt downloaded version of the software or Incomplete installation.
- Sometimes a new QuickBooks software change when installation or un-installation, corruption in a Windows registry.
- Corrupted Quickbooks files & programs and Windows system files.
- If QuickBooks files deleted by mistake or by another program.
Follow the steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 392
- First, You have to Try Repairing Registry Entries Related to QuickBooks Error 392.
Note: If you are not an expert and trying Manually editing the Windows registry please don’t do this by yourself because wrong editing can completely stop the computer from working or functioning properly. And the damage to the operating system can be permanent. A small mistake can stop you from rebooting. Even a wrong comma put in an incorrect place can also stop your computer from rebooting.
So if you are not an expert then please take some advice from QuickBooks expert before applying steps given below:
- Create a backup by exporting a part of the registry related to Error 392 (example, QuickBooks)
- Click on the Start button.
- Put in ‘command’ in the search box. But, Don’t hit Enter yet!
- When Hit on “enter” Keep holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard.
A permission dialogue box will be prompted on display.
- Select Yes. Now, a black box will get opened with a blinking cursor.
- Now Type “regedit” and press ENTER.
- Select the Error 392 related key that you want to backup, In the Registry Editor.
- From File Menu, select Export.
- Select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key in the Save list.
- Now Write a name for your backup file in the File Name box.
Make sure that the ‘Selected branch’ is selected in the Export Range box.
- Click on Save button.
- Now The file gets saved with a .reg file extension.
You have a backup of the QuickBooks-related registry entry.
- After this, contact an expert for manually editing your registry.
- And Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
This QuickBooks error can be due to a virus or malware infection on your computer too. It can damage, delete or corrupt Runtime Errors-related files. After that Clean, everything in Your System like the temporary folders or files With the help of Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)This is not only for error 392, but the cleaning of hard drive enhances computer performance too.
- select the Start button.
- Then Type “command” in the search box… but, Do not press Enter immediately
- Keep holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, simultaneously hit ENTER.
A permission dialogue box will appear on your window.
- select Yes. Now A black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Write “cleanmgr” in it and press ENTER.
- Then calculate that how much you can reclaim from the occupied disk space.
- In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, a series of checkboxes will have to be selected. Temporary Files take up most of the disk space.
- Check the boxes for the categories that you want to clean. Press OK.
Other possible solutions like as:
- Update the computer Device Drivers
- Utilizing Windows System Restore so that you can Undo recent changes in the system.
- Uninstallation and re-installation of the QuickBooks Program related to Error 392
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scan now”)
- Installing all Windows updates that are available
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows