QuickBooks Desktop uses Microsoft programs to run web-based applications. .Net Framework is one of them. If by chance there is an issue in .NET Framework then QuickBooks will not work properly. So, you need to fix Microsoft .NET Framework errors.
Before proceeding further to fix this issue, follow these steps in the error while installing QuickBooks Desktop. If these steps don’t work then come back to this article. And follow the following steps to solve the errors.
Windows 10, 8.1, and 8
- First, close all open programs
- After that go to the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel click Programs and Features
- Then click Uninstall a program. No need to worry there is nothing uninstalling in your system.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off option
- And find out .NET Framework from the list.
Here the setting is for both .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Note: The solution for the .NET Framework 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, and 4.8 are the same.
First, we will see for the .NET Framework 4.5 (Or later)
Check settings for .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
Follow these steps to check the settings in .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
- Click on the checkboxes to open .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
- After that select OK to save you all changes.
- Then changing all the settings restart your systems again.
After selecting all the checkboxes in .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
- Select all the checkboxes to turn off .NET Framework 4.5 (or later). Remember do not turn them on again.
- Then select Ok to save changes.
- And restart the system again.
- After the signup again into windows, and then follow the above steps to turn on .NET Framework 4.5 (or later).
Check settings for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
If the checkbox is not selected in the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1:
- Select .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox
- Then click on OK to save all changes.
- After saving changes restart the system again.
If the checkbox is already selected for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Unchecked checkbox to turn off .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Remember don’t turn on it again.
- Click on the OK button to save the changes.
- Then restart your system again.
- After signing up into the system follow the steps to run .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
If you are facing the issue while turning on or off the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. You should visit an IT Professional or expert for the solution. There may be an issue in your system operating system.
- First, close all the programs
- Then open the Windows Start menu and type Control panel.
- Select Uninstall a program in Control Panel
- After that click on the Turn Windows features on or off
- And select the .NET Framework from the list.
Check out the settings for both .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 4.5 (Or later)
Note: Solution to fix .NET Framework 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, and 4.8 all are the same.
Check to settings for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Set up settings for if .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox isn’t checked:
- Elect the checkbox to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Then click OK to save all the changes
- After that Restart your system.
If the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 checkbox is previously ticked:
- Choose the checkbox to turn off .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Then select Don’t turn it back on.
- Click on OK to save all the changes.
- Then Restart your system.
- And to sign up again into the windows, follow these following steps to turn .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on.
Check .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
If Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) isn’t on the list, follow the steps from Microsoft to install it.
Note: .NET Framework is already included in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. Hence, you don’t require to install this software on those operating systems.
- After downloading choose the Run button to start the installation process.
- There is also an option available to install the software later, select the Save button to install. While installation you must have an internet connection.
If Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is on the list, repair it:
- In the Programs and Features window, select Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or later). Then select Uninstall/Change.
- Select Repair and then select Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the repair finishes, restart your computer.
If repair is successful, open QuickBooks again. If everything works, the error is fixed.
If you still see a .NET Framework error during or after the repair:
1. Follow the steps from Microsoft to uninstall .NET Framework.
- For uninstalling an unusable program, need to use uninstall the program provided by Windows 7.
- Select Control panel, in windows right pane.
- Then go to the Programs click on the item Uninstall a program.
- You will receive the lists of all programs that were already installed using Windows Installer.
- After that click on the program, you want to uninstall by selecting it.
- Select the Uninstall/Change option from the top of the screen.
- You will receive the message box and click YES to confirm the uninstallation process
- After completing the installation process, you will get a status message and click on OK for confirmation.
2. Reinstall .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) after uninstallation.
Try the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool
If the issue is going to continue then download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool. This tool identifies and tries to fix some commonly occurring issues besides the setup of the Microsoft .NET Framework or by updates to the Microsoft .NET Framework.
The tool helps you to solve by applying fixes and by repairing corrupted .NET Framework. This tool has a simple wizard-based user interface (UI). It also provides advanced options to supports command line usage.
If you are facing any issue while uninstalling or reinstalling .NET Framework, then contact an IT professional or Microsoft. It may be an issue of the Operating system.