QuickBooks error code OL-222 is an error that most users face, are you one of those? This article is all about the error code OL-222, the causes, and the best techniques to resolve it. Nothing more confusing than handling the accounting task, here we fix errors, believe me, it’s not such a hard task. Go through our article you will get all your answers. If after performing these operations error remains contact us +1-818-295-3510.
Managing Accounting tasks has never been so easier since Intuits QuickBooks came into the market. However, the software sometimes behaves abnormally because of its errors, which commonly arrive due to new updates. QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 is also a similar common error code that most users have faced. So if you are looking for solutions on how to fix QuickBooks error code OL-222, then this article is here to guide you. I
In this article, we’ll discuss the details about the error code OL-222, and look for the main causes behind its occurrence. later, we’ll share the best techniques to solve this error in 3 simple steps.
So let’s start by understanding what this error is.
Error Code OL-222 Explained
The QuickBooks error code 0L-222 is a technical error that occurs when you try to import a company file. As we all know QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software. Generally, when you use online banking in QuickBooks you will get this same error code.
Usually, when this error occurs, you’ll find an error message saying, “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222)”. This means that the financial institution’s website doesn’t get any correct response from QuickBooks. It might be because of some unsupported characters found in the file you are trying to import.
With that said, let’s get deep and find the reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Banking Error OL-222
If you want the solution for this error, it is important to know all the reasons behind this problem. Here are few reasons:
- If scan error is received in server response due to any unsupported character
- And you also have to check the .QBW file it can also have some character that is not supporting. As it defies the open Finance Exchange standards
- You should likely check the company file of QuickBooks as it can have some irregular formatting
How to fix the error code OL-222 of QuickBooks?
If you want to resolve your QuickBooks error message then there are some easy solutions available you need to follow properly in order to get your problem fixed.
These are some solutions for resolving the QuickBooks error OL-222:
Solution-1: Resolving the problems of formatting of .QBW file
Check the formatting of QuickBooks can also be a major reason for creating this problem. Improve the formatting of the QuickBooks:
- First, you need to right-click on the company file of QuickBooks. and you will see a drop-down under it click on edit.
- Then open the file in any of the text editors which you want.
- Now search for the find option in your text editor and use it to locate an AMP text And delete this texting because it is wrong text.
Method 2: Update your QuickBooks to the latest version
You can also fix your problem by updating QuickBooks to the latest version. It might be possible that you are using the old version of QuickBooks software. And then again try to import your company file From the official website of the bank.
- First, you check whether there is any new update of QuickBooks or not. If you find that there is an update then update your accounting software as soon as possible.
- Then you can also create the backup of the file of the company.
- Then you should try again to import the company file from the official website of the bank.
Method 3: again install the FIDIR.txt file
Before you follow this step keep in mind that you should have a complete backup of your company file and QuickBooks must be closed. Before doing anything check whether it is or not. And you are responsible for all the other major issues.
- Before doing anything just close the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Then go to the FIDIR.txt page on this page and you will see a long text. Simply, you have to make a copy of that text
- After this, you have to make a new file. After making a new file, the text which you copied from the FIDIR.txt file pastes the whole text in this file that you have just created
- Then after pasting the text. save this file in the location where you can easily find this file with a name like FIDIR.txt Are you can give any other name according to you
- Now you have to remove or delete the FIDIR.txt file, which is original
- Then find the option key on your keyboard and then press on it
- Then you will get an option finder application under it, To the go > library option
- After this, you have to go to the application support /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX / Install it and then follow the next steps
- After all from the folder which you opened delete the FIDIR.txt file
- Then In the finder application, you need to access QuickBooks
- After all this, you need to click on the control key and then continuously click on the QuickBooks
- But continuously clicking on the QuickBooks can open the context menu In this context menu you have to click on an option show package content
- Then in the new window click 2 times on the content folder
- Then again you have to click 2 times on the resource folder Then find the FIDIR.txt file and after getting the file remove it
- Now Make a copy of the FIDIR.txt file which you have newly created And you have to paste this file into a folder “Download and resources folder”
- Follow these steps again and again and you can simply import your QWB file In QuickBooks. Follow these steps and try to import the file. This process will be very useful to you
So these are some solutions which need to be followed. These are very effective and simple solutions for fixing the issue of QuickBooks error OL- 222. In case, if you still feel lost somewhere, or you have any queries, feel free to contact our Technical Support team. You can even contact our toll-free number: +1-818-295-3510 for immediate assistance.