You are not able to perform another program in your system nor close the QuickBooks Window? If so then, this sign clearly indicates that you are facing the QuickBooks error 15101. Don’t worry, in this article, we will discuss, how to get rid of the error code, why the issue occurs. In the meanwhile, contact the experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for further assistance.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 15101
QuickBooks error 15101 is a payroll update error in QuickBooks, which mostly prompts when users try to update payroll. This does not allow you to perform another function, even not allow you to close the QuickBooks window, with an error message box.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 15101 Occurs
Here are some of the root causes of the problem, which leads to the 15101 error in QuickBooks;
- The digital signature certificate may be corrupt or uninstalled. It leads to the most common problems of installing or updating QuickBooks.
- You may have an improper internet setting on your system.
- Sometimes our .exe file stopped working, this also cause the 15101 error in QuickBooks.
How to Solve 15101 Error in QuickBooks
To solve the error code, here we have given some of the solutions. Have a look, and follow the procedures;
Solution 1: Use Digital Signature Certificate
This is the first solution to solve the 15101 error in QuickBooks. Follow the procedure to install, and use the digital signature certificate.
- First of all, download, and install the digital signature certificate in the system, and search for the ‘QBW32.exe file’.
- If you can’t find out the file then locate the path: C:\Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- And if you are a Windows 7 user then you can go to the ‘Windows Search’ option to find the file (only for Windows 7 users).
- Click on the ‘More Results’ option.
- And then the ‘Computer’ icon, on the next screen.
- Type, ‘QBW32.EXE’ in the search bar.
- Now you will be able to see the file.
- Right-click on the ‘QBW32.EXE’ file, and click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- After that, go to the ‘Digital Signature’ tab, and ensure that Intuit Inc. is selected from the signature list.
- Choose the ‘Details’ option, and the ‘View Certificate’ in the signature details window.
- Select the ‘Install Certificate’ option from the ‘Certificate Window’.
- Click ‘Next’ until you find the ‘Finish’ option.
- Re-start the computer and open QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Check the Settings of Internet Explorer
You can check the Internet Explorer settings to troubleshoot the error in QuickBooks. Follow the steps to check settings;
- Press the ‘Windows’ and ‘R keys from the keyboard simultaneously to open the run window.
- Type, ‘INETCPL.CPL’ in the type bar, and click the ‘Ok’ option.
- After opening the file, go to the ‘General’ tab, select ‘Delete’, and then the ‘Temporary Internet Files’.
- Select the ‘Website Files’, and then click the ‘Delete’ option again.
- Go to the ‘Connections’ tab, and select the ‘LAN Settings’ option.
- Detect the setting, and press the ‘Ok’ option.
- Visit the ‘Advanced’ tab, and select the ‘Security Section’.
- There you need to check that, TLS 1.2 is marked, and TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not marked.
Solution 3: Run the ‘reboot.bat’ Files
You can also run the ‘reboot.bat’ files to fix the 15101 error code in QuickBooks. Because sometimes, we are enabled to re-register the . DLL, .OCX, and the other products files in Windows.
Here is the procedure to run the file:
- First, close all of the QuickBooks programs, and right-click on the QuickBooks icon to select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Click on the ‘Shortcut’ tab, and select the ‘Open File’ location.
- Find the .bat file from the list, right-click on it, and choose the ‘Run as Administrator option.
- Get the user account permission, by clicking the ‘Yes’ option.
- Reboot your system, open QuickBooks Desktop, and update it to the latest version.
Solution 4: Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
Use QuickBooks clean install tool to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop;
- Download the QuickBooks Tool hub in the latest version.
- Install the tool, and, agree with its terms and conditions.
- After running the tool successfully, go to the Installation Issues section, and click on the ‘Clean Install Tool’.
- Select ‘Ok’.
- Select the QuickBooks version, and the product version, and click on the ‘Continue’ option.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option in the ‘Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ window.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks in Safe Mode
Here is the procedure to run the QuickBooks in safe mode;
If you are using Windows and attaching the internet in the high-speed link then you will be able to use the safe mode in the system with the networking mode.
After setting the QuickBooks in safe mode:
- After setting up the networking in the safe mode, choose the operating system.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key, and log in to the system as an administrator.
- Type the ‘Administrator Password’, and choose the ‘Yes’ option.
- Open QuickBooks, and repeat the step one more time.
- Restart the system.
Solution 6: End the QBConnector.exe
If any one of the solutions are not fruitful for you then follow this procedure;
- Press Ctrl+Shift+ESc to open the task manager, or you can right-click on the task manager and can select the ‘Open Task Manager’ option.
- Visit the ‘Processes’ tab, and search for the ‘QBConnector.exe’ file, or the QuickBooks web connector.
- After getting the .exe file, right-click on the file, and end the process.
Hopefully, this article will be informative for you, and now you can resolve the QuickBooks error 15101. Feel free to contact our QuickBooks experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904, if you have any kind of query related to the topic. They will provide you with the best, and instant solution to the QuickBooks issue.