In this article we will discuss in these given below point regarding QuickBooks Web Connector:
- How to set up web connector QuickBooks
- Installation of QB Web Connector
- How to Uninstall the Web Connector
- Delete/Disable Web Connector
- Add an application to Web Connector
- Add new web service with Web Connector
- How to prevent Web Connector from opening when starting the computer
- How can you decide which version of QuickBooks Web Connector is best for you?
Before going to further steps first we will take a short summary of what it is and its benefits?
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
Web Connector is a Microsoft Windows web-based application that enables web services to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop products. Web connector and QuickBooks use the same local network and both installed on the same machine.
It generates QWC files that help the users to connect more to establish a relationship between your applications and the remoter version of Quickbooks.
Because of this reason we provide the QuickBooks connector tutorial which contains most of the information such as how to disable web connector in QB? how to use QB web connector and how to get QuickBooks connector support? We will cover most of the information related to the QB web connector in today’s article.
- It allows GB XML and QB pos XML to pass between a Web-based application and QuickBooks financial software or QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- An automatic schedule with QuickBooks web services is also possible.
- In addition, if you want QBWC can communicate with easy for the user as downloading a file. Add a new Web service to the list of Web services.
Note: The installer of QB Web Connector software is available free for everyone.
If your QuickBooks web connector has stopped working or their are some common issues, you can read this article: How To Fix Common Web Connector errors. Or you can make a call to our QuickBooks Customer support number at +1-855-441-4417
QBWC is a navigator between applications, it allows qbXML and qbposXML to pass between web applications and QuickBooks financial software or QuickBooks point of sale.
Because all communication is initiated by the web Connector running on the system with QuickBooks, we ignore opening firewall ports. The communication with Web services can be automatically scheduled or simply be initiated at the user-friendly mode.
How to set up QuickBooks web connector
The .qwc file is designed especially for QuickBooks Desktop products, which is an XML file. This file opened easily by QuickBooks desktop web connector.
Important notice: you must confirm that you have the QWBC FILE from your third party before doing the installation, uninstallation or reinstallation of QB web connector.
How to download and install QuickBooks Web Connector
Here we mentioned step by step process to installing the QBWC Setup please following the steps correct manner. Here we also provided a link for getting the installer of QWBC. Please make sure the download of the installer file.
- Download the installer of QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Unzip the already downloaded installer and run the .exe file.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Note: This installation will install Windows components if necessary.
How to Uninstall QuickBooks Web Connector
Here we are going to explain how-to uninstall web connector in QuickBooks. Please follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows+R to get the Run window.
- Type in control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Select Web Connector and click Uninstall.
Note: In some cases, you can’t find out the web connector in the control panel, then you must delete the QBWC folder from the following location.
From location: C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
Delete/Disable QuickBooks Web Connector
Now we are going to discuss how to delete or disable web connector in QuickBooks in a very effective way. After installing the QuickBooks product, a variety of add-ons also assist in your usage of that base product, such as the QB connector. It enables the program to launch every time you turn on your computer. If you need not do this, you can disable it by deleting the appropriate startup entry.
Now, follow the steps to delete Web connector:
- Open Start menu and click on All Programs.
- Click on Startup and then click on QuickBooks.
- Right-click on Exchange Data With Web Services.
- Click on Delete.
- Click on Yes to disable the Web Connector in QuickBooks from automatically launching at startup.
There is another method is also to disable the QB web connector when starting the system.
How to turn off QB Web Connector when starting the computer
In some cases there also possible to remove QuickBooks Connector from your system startup. If you are not using Web Connector, you want to remove it from the Windows Startup Group to prevent it from running every time you start your computer( Depending on users need not mandatory). Please note that removing the shortcut from your system startup may disable any application that using a web connector to communicate with QuickBooks.
1. Open the startup folder.
- For Windows 10 and 8
a. Press Windows+R to get the Run window.
b. Type in the shell: startup and click OK.
- For Windows 7 and Vista
a. Click the Windows Start button and click All Programs.
b. From the programs list, select the Startup menu.
2. Right-click the QuickBooks Web Connector and select Delete.
3. When prompted to Confirm Shortcut Delete, click Delete Shortcut.
Note: If there is a need to add Web Connector to startup, please copy and paste the shortcut to the following location:
C:\Users\USER NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Startup Menu\Programs\Startup
Add an application to Web Connector
Most of the users who use QuickBooks, most of them not aware of the additional features of the QBWC (the people who are technically not sound). Here I am going to explain how to add a new web application in your existing web connector.
On your Web Connector, click Add Application.
- First of all, browse to the third-party application’s .qbc file.
Note: .qwc file will be provided to you by the third party application’s provider. This file must be downloaded to your computer.
- Select the .qwc file and then click Open.
How can add the new web service? With QB Web Connector
Adding a new Web service to the list of Web services that Web Connector QBWC can communicate with is as easy for the user as downloading a file. (Files with a .qwc extension are XML files that describe a Web service designed to interact with QuickBooks and are opened automatically by the QBWC.) Users of Quicken’s online banking features will immediately recognize the user interface because it was based on the Quicken One Step Update feature.
The Web Connector can be used with any QuickBooks desktop product supported by the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK, including:
Here we mention some QuickBooks SDK supporting products:
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software products like
- Enterprise Solutions
- Premier (2002 or later)
- Pro (2002 or later)
- Simple Start (2006 or later)
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later)
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise (2003 or later)
- UK editions of QuickBooks Pro or Accountant Edition (2003 or later)
How can you decide which version of QuickBooks Web Connector is best for you?
Here we are going to talk about which version of QuickBooks Web Connector is best for you.
QuickBooks Web Connector Files
The first step in establishing a relationship between your application and a remote instant of the QuickBooks is to generate a QWC file. this file specified information about your application, its requirement, as well as the access you need. The CreateQWCFile technique makes the QWC document which must be produced for every client of your application. The minimum properties of QuickBooks are.
- App description – A brief description of the application.
- AppName – The name of the application.
- AppSupportURL – A URL where users can find support for your product.
- AppURL – The URL of your web application.
- FileId – GUID stored as an extension to the company record in QuickBooks along with the owner ID.
- OwnerId – GUID which identifies your application.
- User – The user name must be used to access your web service.
Here are some tips for web connector and its versions:
With QuickBooks point of sale:
You already know that QuickBooks has released multiple versions of the web connector. If you are using QuickBooks point of sale then you should use this 2.030 version.
With desktop version 2015 or later:
if you are using the 2015 or later version of QuickBooks Desktop then you should go for the 126.96.36.199 version.
How can you replace the version of the web connector If you already have the web connector and still it shows 188.8.131.52?
The first thing you need to do is, Make sure that there is only one version installed on your PC.
For example: If you install 184.108.40.206 and 2.2.071 is still installed on your PC then you need to delete the old version 2.2.071 completely, otherwise, you will continue to see 2.2.071 version there. Read these given instructions to set up the web connector:
Here are the steps to install the version 220.127.116.11
- Download the version 18.104.22.168 and place it on desktop
- Now Go to C:\Program File(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector
- Now right click on QBWebConnector and choose to pin in the taskbar.
- After applying this you can see the Web Connector Icon at the bottom of the screen in yellow color.
- Now click on that icon to pair with QuickBooks.
If you are still confused then talk to our Certified QuickBooks Accountants to more discussion on this topic. If you have any other queries in your mind then please visit our QuickBooks Community. Still, if you cannot find your answer then you simply can post a Question there.