Having trouble due to QuickBooks runtime error? Time to resolve it, here we are with an article that explains the reasons behind run time error in QuickBooks, and the best ways to resolve it. Here are different methods to fix this issue, those are effective solutions to the error. Hope this will help you to fix it on your own but if you still face a problem regarding this topic, let us know and get help from our QuickBooks ProAdvisor +1-844-405-0904.
Generally, we find out the QuickBooks runtime error during these three situations, in payroll set up time, at the time of running a payroll checkup, and emailing of pay stubs. No doubt it creates problems during the QuickBooks payroll setup process, but it doesn’t mean that it is a payroll error in QuickBooks. In this article, we are going to discuss the QuickBooks runtime error abnormal program termination in deep, so that you can clear your all confusion in this platform.
Let’s start the article with the reasons for the error;
What are the Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Runtime Error
Mostly this error creates problems, when there is a conflict between programs. And it needs to contact the administrator to fix the issue. This problem may occur if there is an issue in Microsoft Visual C++.
What are the Ways to Fix the Runtime Error in QuickBooks
Here we have provided 4 ways to fix the runtime error code in QuickBooks. Check all of the solutions to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Set Changes in Load Startup Items
- Go to Windows, and click on the ‘Start’ button then the ‘Run’ option.
- Now the run command window will appear on your screen.
- Enter, MSConfig, in the run command field, and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the ‘System Configuration Utility’ window, and select the ‘Selective Startup’ option from the ‘General’ tab list.
- Now from the ‘Selective Startup’, clear the ‘Load Startup Items’ checkbox. And click ‘Ok’.
- Reboot your system, and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to complete your payroll set up, and again run the configuration process by the run command window.
- Select the ‘Selective Startup’ window from the ‘System Configuration Utility’ window.
- Checkmark on the ‘Load Startup Items’ option to make the system in the normal mode.
- At last, restart your system.
Solution 2: Change the .INI File to .EXE File
There is an alternative solution to this problem, and that is by renaming the .INI file.
- First of all, locate the QBW.INI file on your system.
- Right-click on the QBW.INI file, and select the ‘Rename’ option from the list.
- Now change the QBW.INI file to QBW.OLD file, and hit the ‘Enter’ key from your keyboard to save it.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Without any Data
- Press, and hold the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ keys from the keyboard at one time, and verify that the .exe file is not running.
- If you find out the QBW.exe file is listed then stop it, by selecting the ‘End Process’ option.
- Open the QuickBooks by using keyword shortcuts. (Right-click on the QuickBooks icon, press the ‘Ctrl’ key, and then click the ‘Open’ option.)
Solution 4: Perform a Clean Installation Process in QuickBooks
- Download the QuickBooks installer in the latest version, and uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After the complete uninstallation process, download the QB tool hub.
- There you can take the facility of QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to perform the clean installation in QuickBooks.
- Choose the product version of QuickBooks, and click ‘Ok’ when you will be prompted by a message.
- Now you can reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Restart your System
If all of the above solutions are not working for this error then apply the common solution of all the error codes i.e by restarting your system.
- Click on the Windows icon, and then the arrow of the ‘Shut Down’ option.
- After that, click the ‘Restart’ option.
- And open QuickBooks Desktop one more time.
Solution 6: Close all the Running Windows
- First of all, hold & press the ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ keys from your keyboard.
- Right-click on the ‘QuickBooks ‘icon, and make sure that you have not opened the QBW.EXE file.
- Press the ‘CTRL’ key from the keyboard, and click the ‘Open’ option.
- Now in the ‘No Company open’ screen, press and hold the ‘Alt’ key, and click the ‘Open’ option to open the QuickBooks company file.
After a long discussion regarding the solution to this QuickBooks runtime error, we find out some of the effective solutions to this error. Hope you like it, and now you are able to fix the error ownself. Still, if you have any issue regarding this topic then you can get help from our QuickBooks ProAvisors for the instant solution.