Looking for a way to convert QuickBooks Canada to QuickBooks US? This article will assist you to convert the Canadian version of QuickBooks to the US. In the meanwhile, you can contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors through the toll-free number [quickBooks] for further assistance.
If your business is situated in the US and you have bought the Canada version, then the QuickBooks will not be supported in your country. Because all countries have their own language, tax, and accounting rules. In this case, you need to convert QuickBooks Canada to QuickBooks US. Read the following to convert the QuickBooks Canada version;
Things Should Be Keep in Mind While Converting Company File
When you are converting QuickBooks Canada to QuickBooks US, then some points you should keep in mind.
- Only Payroll checks are transferred as regular checks.
- You can remove all the negative inventory and data files.
- In terms of currency, there may be some differences in amount.
- The section that is not available in the US version, won’t be included in the converted file. You can create a custom section to transfer this type of data.
System Requirements to Convert QuickBooks Canada to US
Before going to convert the QuickBooks Canada version to the US, you need to cover all of the system requirements. Here we have listed all of the system requirements for this conversion process;
- The operating system should be Windows 8 or later.
- The QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise must be 2018 or later versions.
- RAM should be 512 MB or more.
- Make sure that you have the Sage 50 2013 or later versions, and good internet connectivity.
- The version of Microsoft .NET Framework should be 2.0 or later.
- Free hard drive space must be 2.5 GB or more.
- A minimum 500 MHz processor is required.
Procedure to Convert QuickBooks Canada to QuickBooks US
It is not so difficult to convert the Canadian version to the US version. Here we have simplified the procedure in manner. But, before that, you should take the backup of your company file.
Step 1: Create a Back Up of Company File
Firstly, you have to take a back up your QuickBooks company file, then start the conversion process. Follow the procedure to take back up;
- First of all, go to the main menu and click on the ‘File’ option.
- If you are in multi-user mode, then you need to click on the ‘Switch to single-user mode’ option.
- Now, move to the ‘Back up’ option and click on the ‘Create Local Back up’ tab.
- After that, you will see a new window is open, and click on the ‘Local Backup’ option.
- Click on the Next button.
- And then the ‘Local Backup Only’ section.
- Select the ‘Browse’ button to choose the company file.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- At last choose the ‘Save It Now’ option and the Next button.
Now, it is over to professionals to convert the company file.
Step 2: Migrate QuickBooks Canada Payroll to US Payroll
If you want to convert the payroll from Canada to the US, then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, click on the ‘Gear’ icon and choose the ‘Account and Setting’ option.
- Then, you have to choose the ‘Payroll’ option.
- Now, you must click on the ‘Cancel’ button to cancel the Canadian Payroll subscription.
- After that, you need to click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You have to choose the ‘Complete the Survey’ option or click on the ‘Cancel Payroll Service’ option.
- Now, you need to purchase the ‘US Payroll Subscription’.
Conversion Service of QuickBooks Canada to US
Here are the services, you will be found after converting the Canada version to the US version.
- The company file is obtained over a secure network.
- Data is converted from the Canadian version of QuickBooks to the US version by the expert.
- The US version of QuickBooks is sent to the client over the secure network.
Data That Can’t Be Converted to QuickBooks US
During the conversion process, some of the data can’t be converted to the US version. Here is the list of data, which can’t be converted;
- You can’t transfer the group item of the data files that were modified after initial use.
- The section doesn’t available in the international version of the QuickBooks data file, can’t be converted.
- You are unable to transfer sales tax items and sales tax groups of data files that were modified after their initial use.
- You can face gain/loss differences in the exchange rate in multi-currency files.
- The multi-currency transfer journal entries in files can’t be transfer.
- Memorized reports will not be transferred.
- You can’t transfer the Budgets or Forecast and you will need to enter it again.
- The users can’t be transferred and you will need to enter it again.
- You can’t transfer the template that is available by default or created by the user.
- Customer notes and to-do lists can’t be transferred.
- You can’t transfer bank reconciliation statements.
- Attachments are not be transferred.
- The memorized transaction can’t be transferred.
- Payroll checks can’t be transferred.
Cross-check, rest of all data are securely transferred to the QuickBooks US version, and then cancel the Canada payroll subscription.
How to Cancel QuickBooks Canada Payroll Subscription
If the Canada payroll subscription is over, then follow the steps given below to cancel the Canada payroll subscription.
- First of all, you have to confirm that you are the company’s admin.
- Then, you need to complete the last few steps in the payroll.
- After that, choose the ‘Payroll Service’ and ‘Payroll Version’ that you wish to use.
- Now, you have to fill the Online Cancellation Form.
- You will get a confirmation email of cancellation within 2-3 working days.
- Now, your payroll subscription is canceled.
Difference Between QuickBooks Canada and QuickBooks US
The product of QuickBooks depends on where you buy, you will get some differences in the different countries. Below are the difference between QuickBooks Canada and QuickBooks US.
- Language Version
QuickBooks Canada has a French-language version. In case, your customers can’t speak French, then you can make invoices in 6 languages like English, Canadian French, Spanish, Italian, Traditional Chinese, and Brazilian Portuguese.
On other hand, the QuickBooks US version is only available in English.
- Tax Structures
QuickBooks Canada has a sales tax plus with goods and services tax (GST). The Canadian system associates taxes with the items.
On the other hand, the QuickBooks US version has a sales tax. And, the US system associates with the customers.
- Available Add-ons
QuickBooks US version directly offers advanced reporting add-ons series.
But, on the other hand, The advanced reporting add-ons series is not available in the QuickBooks Canada version. Canadian users can browse third-party apps to get solutions.
- Available Plans
For enterprise businesses, the QuickBooks US Enterprise version includes three plans (with or without hosting) like Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The Gold version includes enhanced payroll to the Silver plan, and the Platinum version includes advanced inventory and pricing features.
On the other hand, The QuickBooks Canadian version is based on the number of users (Up to 30 users). You can choose advanced inventory and pricing add-ons.
- Number of Countries Use QuickBooks
There are less than 10 countries that use the QuickBooks Online Accountant version.
Hopefully, now you can convert QuickBooks Canada to QuickBooks US successfully. Still, if you have any kind of doubts regarding the topic then you can contact our certified QuickBooks experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.