Received a QuickBooks TLS 1.2 failure warning messages on Windows 10? This indirectly indicates you to enable the tls 1.2 security update for the QuickBooks version. In this article, we will discuss, why we face the tls error, and what are the solutions to fix the issue in Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, and XP/Vista. Meanwhile you can call to this number+1-818-295-3510 for the expert solution.
As we know tls provides end-to-end communications security over networks and is widely used by QuickBooks Desktop to access Intuit services. But for that, it needs to meet certain requirements. If all of the requirements will not fulfilled the requirements then there is 95% of chances of getting the QuickBooks tls 1.2 error message on your screen.
Let’s know the solution to the error. But before that, know what is it;
What is QuickBooks TLS 1.2
The TLS stands for Transport Layer Security, it is a widely adopted security protocol that provides authentication, privacy, and data integrity between two communicating computer applications over the Internet.
From 22nd May 2017, QuickBooks no longer supporting the TLS setting of 1.0 or TLS 1.1. Moving further, QuickBooks requires an Internet Explorer(IE) setting of TLS 1.2 only.
If you access it via Internet Explorer(Windows) then this will impact your access to QuickBooks Online. But in another browser like Google Chrome or Firefox, this does not impact any changes.
For Windows 10 & IE 11 Users:
If you are a frequent user of Internet Explorer 11, then one thing you should know properly is that in IE 11 TLS 1.2 is enabled by default, so you need to confirm TLS 1.2 is enabled.
Windows 7/8/8.1 & IE 9/10 users only:
In Internet Explorer 9 or 10 TLS 1.2 is not enabled by default, so you need to upgrade your Internet Explorer to 11 or enable TLS 1.2 in your browser settings.
For XP/Vista or IE 8 users only:
Users of IE 8 or Windows XP/Vista are recommended to upgrade their OS to a later version to get IE 11, where you can use TLS 1.2.
Important facts about QuickBooks TLS;
- The TLS 1.2 is the latest version of TLS.
- We use TLS, in the place of SSL.
- QuickBooks is using the TLS 1.2 in QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale by baking few updates to the system regisry keys, for the secure communication.
How to Fix TLS 1.2 Error in QuickBooks Desktop & Point of sale
Follow the procedure, if you have the QuickBooks Desktop, and you are facing the tls error in it.
Solution 1: Configure the Internet Explorer TLS security settings
Sometimes, we find the issue, when we are trying to move the QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop. In that case, you can follow the below procedure to solve the problem.
- Click on Tools and then Internet Options.
- Select delete from the General tab. After that choose Temporary Internet files and Select Delete. (Note – Leave the delete cookies option unselect)
- Now choose the LAN setting from the Connections tab, select LAN settings.
- And then Check the box next to Automatically Detect Settings.
- Ensure that the Proxy servers are blank unless you use one.
Note: You may need to check with your IT administrator.
- Choose Ok twice.
- After that scroll down about 3/4 of the way down in the list from the Advanced tab.
- Ensure that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are checked.
- If checked then you have to clear the box next to Check for publisher’s certificate.
- Now scroll down from the same Advanced tab towards the bottom.
- And ensure that TLS 1.2 is unchecked. If checked, uncheck the checkbox.
Windows 10 users: Windows 10 has built-in Internet Explorer 11, so TLS 1.2 is enabled by default. By following steps you will need to confirm whether TLS 1.2 is enabled or not.
Windows XP or Vista users: It is impossible to upgrade past Internet Explorer 8 on Windows XP or Vista, so you will need to upgrade your Windows operating system to a later version that is officially supported by Microsoft.
Solution 2: Enable TLS 1.2 Security Update
This solution is only applicable for the QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale. So make sure that, you have the QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale, and OS of Windows 7 or higher for Chrome, version 8, and newer for IE.
You need update the QuickBooks software;
- Go to the ‘Help‘ menu.
- And select the ‘Software Updates‘ option.
- Now click on the ‘Check for the Updates‘ option.
- If any update is available then, click on the ‘Update Now‘ option.
It’s all about the QuickBooks tls error. Hopefully, now you can resolve the tls error easily by oneself. If you seek for help regarding this topic then you can contact our certified QuickBooks experts through this number+1-818-295-3510 for the instant assisted solution.