Do you know how to create sales receipts in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac? If yes, then you must know that you have to use a sales receipt if you receive payments at the time of sale. Have trouble in processing a credit card payment in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac for payments done through a credit card? Don’t worry, here is the article to troubleshoot your trouble; different steps to get rid of this issue are mentioned. Hope you will get your issue resolved but if not so then you can connect with our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors, Toll-Free No. +1-844-405-0904
When your client has done the complete payment, it is your responsibility to provide them a sales receipt that authorizes their purchase either payments by cash, check, or credit card. Sales Receipts also help to summarize your daily sales in an individual transaction.
Table of Contents
What Is A Sales Receipt?
A sales receipt is used as a document that records sales. This document shows that the seller has been paid for the goods and services. A sales receipt is always given to the buyer or customer by the seller as an acknowledgment of the purchase.
A receipt is given to the buyer only after receiving goods and services and after the full payment is paid to the seller. In some cases, partial receipts are issued when the customer has paid the amount in installments.
Why Are Sale Receipts Important?
Primarily, receipts show the legal and official sales records for your company. Internally, the receipts help you to track your sales and the income account you earn. Externally, receipts are an important part of CRA’s financial record keeping. Also, it is required to record the sales and tax you charge to the customers. It helps you to pay taxes accurately.
QuickBooks provides the feature to create and send sales receipts from any device with an internet connection. Also, you can customize the receipts according to your business needs.
How to Create Sales Receipts in QuickBooks Desktop For Mac
You are eligible to create sales receipts in QuickBooks Desktop after receiving payments from your customers at the same time when you sell out your goods/services. Follow the steps listed below to do it easily.
- To begin, Visit the Customers and then click on the Sales Receipts.
- You have to choose a Customer or job from the Customer: Job ▼ dropdown menu. If you are unable to find the customer on the list then click on the Add New option.
- Now fill in the appropriate information at the top of the form including the date and Sale No.
- Select the Payment method like cash or online.
- Now choose the item(s) that are involved in the sale. When you pick or add the item, both the description and the item will populate the sales receipts forms automatically. You are eligible to change or modify it anytime in the sales receipt(if necessary).
Note: Your sales receipts can be edited by selecting the sales receipt you want to edit from the left panel.
How to Use Sales Receipts to Track Daily Sales Summary
Here we will discuss how to use sales receipts to track daily sales summaries, to do it you have to go through two simple steps. If you are not required to track sales by customer, you are still eligible to use sales receipts to record your daily sales summaries. Now focus on the steps listed down:
Step 1: Create a Sales Summary Template
- To start, visit the Customers and then click on the Enter Sales Receipt
- Fill out the form as follows:
- You have to leave the Customer: Job field blank or nil.
- Enter a payment method specifying payment through cash or check, etc in the Pay Method field, if you want to track sales.
- You have to enter all the items you sold out on a given day, week, or month in the Detail area.
- You can leave the Quantity column nil or blank since you will be filling in at the end of the particular time.
- Now visit the Edit and then click on the Memorized Sales Receipt
- For the template, simply enter a descriptive name. For example, you can use “Daily Sales Summary Report”.
- Hit the OK option to add the template to your Memorized Transaction list.
- If you are willing to track sales through the payment method, you have to choose a different payment method and memorize the template once again. Repeat this step again and again whenever all the payment methods have been covered.
- In the end, choose the Cancel option for closing the Enter Sales Receipt window. Do not record the transaction.
Step 2: Use your Template to Create Sale Summaries
- In the starting step, visit the lists and then click on the Memorized Transactions
- Now you have to choose the Sales Summary Template which you are required for and then click two times on it.
- Complete the sales summary as the following:
- Now enter the number you have sold out of each item inside the Quantity column
- For those items that didn’t sell out, you have to choose the Line Item>>Edit>>Delete Line
- Enter the dates for the time periods you are summarizing inside the Memo Field
Note: When the price of an item modifies, create a new sales summary template that reflects the new price. You can memorize the new template and save it under the name you selected for the original template, QuickBooks will help you to replace the original template with the newer one.
Have you any confusion related to this article on creating sales receipts in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac? If yes, talk to our professionals available at QuickBooks Support and immediately get a resolution to all your QuickBooks queries. Our experts guide their QuickBooks users on a first come first serve basis, so be the first one to join our service. We have multiple interactive services, one of them being a 24/7 error support toll-free number +1-844-405-0904. By dropping a call to our toll-free number, you will get the best and most innovative solutions as per your QuickBooks query.
How to create and send sales receipts in QuickBooks Online?
You can create sales receipts anytime when your customers are ready to pay for your goods and services, follow the given steps for creating and sending sales receipts in QuickBooks online.
- Open QuickBooks online and then select + New.
- Then you have to select sale receipts and then open the customer from the dropdown.
- After that, you have to click on Add a new customer.
- Now enter the mode of payment and then select the product and services you sold.
- After doing all the above steps, you are done and now you can save and send the receipts.
What is the difference between an invoice and sales receipts?
The basic difference between invoices and sale receipts is the time of generation. The invoice is issued before the payments are received from the customers and after getting the payment receipts are issued.
What should be included in the sales receipts?
Basically, sales receipts are similar to invoices which include goods and services that are sold to the customers as well as their prices, discounts, taxes, the total amount paid, and the mode of payments with the contact details of the customers as well as vendors.