From here you will learn how to get or add discount invoices and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online. Your favorite customer is always on priority to get discounts on both Invoices and Sales Receipts. Are you willing to offer a discount to your favorite customer? A discount will be offered on the percentage of an invoice or Sales Receipts.
For the fixed prices if you have set discounts, here we will show you how to add them manually. This article is all about how to set up and give discounts in QuickBooks Online. So stay connected with us to get manual steps and solutions for other QuickBooks queries, either belonging to QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop.
- Steps to Discount Invoices and Sales Receipts in QuickBooks Online
- How to Add a Discount Item with a Fixed Price
- Final Note
So, focus on the procedure without spending lots of time. Let’s start it with the simple steps listed below:
Steps to Discount Invoices and Sales Receipts in QuickBooks Online
Here you will know about it completely, To proceed further just follow the steps from step 1 and follow it to the end steps. Once all the steps have processed successfully then you will be able to discount invoices and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online.
Step 1: Turn on the Discount Feature
If you haven’t already turned on this, then do it now with the steps discussed below:
- To begin, go to the “Settings” and then click on the “Account and Settings” option.
- Now you have to choose the “Sales” tab on the menu.
- Inside the “Sales Form Content” section, you have to click on the “Pencil ✏” to edit it.
- Now click on the “Discount” checkbox to turn it on.
- Once everything is successfully processed, click on the “Save” option and then “Done” to finish it.
Note: This will add the discount field to your invoices and sales receipts. On your charts of accounts, QuickBooks also created a discount given an account to track everything.
Step 2: Apply a Discount
Simply Discount a Percentage or Specific Amount
You have to use the discount field on an invoice or sales receipt. Our steps describe below will make it easier for you:
- In the first step, click on the “+New” option
- Now you can have to pick “Invoice” or “Sales receipt”
- Manually add the product and services. Then fill out the rest of the form properly.
- To enter the discount as a percentage or a specific amount you have to choose “Discount percentage” or “Discount Value”
- Put the amount in the “Discount” field which you want to discount.
- Before calculating the sales tax, if you want to discount the total then you have to click on the “Arrow” icon next to the discount field.
- When everything has successfully processed then you can either go for “Save and Send” or “Save and Close”.
How to Add a Discount Item with a Fixed Price
Note: If you provide the set discounts for fixed amounts, you have to create a new product item that you can add to invoices or sales receipts.
Step 1: Create a Discount Item
- Click on the “Settings ⚙” and then choose “Product and Services”
- To create a new item, click on the “New” option
- Choose the “Non-Inventory” or “Service” for the type
- Now name the item “Discount”. If you are willing to create multiple multiple discount items then give to a unique name that is easy to tell.
- Enter the discount as a negative amount Inside the “Sales price/ rate”.
Note: You should always keep remembering that it is a dollar amount instead of a percentage taken on the amount.
- Now you have to click on the “Discount Given” account from the “Income Account” drop-down menu. QuickBooks especially creates this account for you when you are turned on the discount feature.
- Click on the “nontaxable” option, from the “Sales Tax category” drop-down menu.
- When all the changes you want are successfully done, then go for the “Save and Close” option to end it.
Step 2: Add the Discount to an Invoice or Sales Receipt
- Click on the “+New option”
- Now click on the “Invoice” or “Sales Receipt”
- Now add the product and services, then fill out the rest of the form properly
- Add the “Discount” item you just have created, you can adjust the discount as per to you if it needed.
Note: Ensure that you are using the negative amount.
- When all the above steps have been done successfully, then you can either go for the “Save and Send” or “Save and New” option.
We worked on your queries through this article, but if the query still remains don’t worry just make a call on our toll-free number +1-855-441-4417 and get in touch with our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors convenient to you. Our mission is to fix the complex queries of our users so that they can easily discount invoices and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online.
Need more help? Join our QuickBooks Community and get collective details right now.