Are you looking, for how to resolve XML errors in QuickBooks Point Of Sale? When your search is completed you are at the right place, this article describes how the XML error occurs in POS and you can resolve it easily. Here you will get various methods and solutions to fix it go with one of them and fix it. If you get your problem not getting to an end then contact us our QuickBooks ProAdvisor will help you +1-844-405-0904.
Intuit QuickBooks is a leading software, developed to manage and process accounting tasks for any company or business. But as you might be aware that software is vulnerable to errors and so you can’t ignore how tough it gets to work with that software. The same goes for QuickBooks, as it also possesses certain glitches and errors which make it difficult for users to perform their tasks efficiently.
XML errors are also a common error that creates problems when working with QuickBooks Point of sale. So if are a consistent user of QuickBooks, and someday, all of a sudden, you face an XML error while using QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can refer to this article. In this article, we’ll cover in-depth details about the errors like what this error is and the reasons behind their occurrence. Apart from this, we’ll also provide a few methods to help you get rid of this error and fix it completely.
If still, you face any sought of difficulty regarding the same, our QuickBooks Point of Sale team is just a phone call away, call +1-844-405-0904 for immediate assistance.
Table of Contents
XML Errors In QuickBooks Explained
XML errors In QuickBooks are a well-known common error and it appears occasionally when working with Point of Sale. You might see an error something like, “Error: Process could not access file C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\v(x)\SessionData.xml because it is being used by another process” or “There is an error in XML document (0, 0)“.
Like other software, QuickBooks also uses XML files to store data. These files generally store data in plain text format and also help to support uninterrupted tasks in QuickBooks. However, when QB POS finds any issue with the file, then it experiences XML errors.
Let’s move ahead and discuss the reasons behind its cause.
Causes Of XML Errors In QuickBooks Point Of Sale
There are a few reasons which cause XML errors in Quickbooks. So once QB Desktop gets contrived by the XML error, your system will show the XML error message each time you run the QB POS. And sometimes you might even get the following error: “QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream“.
Following are some of the reasons that can cause XML Errors in QuickBooks Point of Sale:
- If the SessionData.xml file is damaged or corrupted
- If the QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement Client folder gets damaged
- Due to the incomplete installation of the QuickBooks POS
Read also: Top QuickBooks Point of Sale Errors
Things to Do Before Troubleshooting XML Error
Now let’s discuss the troubleshooting methods to fix and resolve XML errors in QuickBooks Point of Sale. Before that, you need to do a few customizations and settings, like mentioned below:
- Press Windows + E so as to open Windows File Manager
- Next, click Organize on the top-left or top-right and then choose Folder and Search Options.
- A new dialog box window will open, simply head to the View Tab
- Search & click on Show Hidden Files & Folders option
- Also, untick the Hide Protected System Operating Files (Recommended) option
- Finally, click on Apply and OK
Update (If Not) QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Inside QuickBooks Point of Sale, select the About QuickBooks Point of Sale option under the Help tab.
- Check if the installed version is QuickBooks Point of Sale 18.0 then it’s fine, otherwise, follow the steps further
- Again, click on the Help Menu then select the Software Updates option
- Now click on the Check For Updates option
- Next, click on the Update Now option, then click OK and proceed
- Wait till the application gets updated
- After updating, you’ll find an Update Complete window, simply exit the QuickBooks application
- Restart the windows once again
Read also: Reasons Behind Upgrade to QuickBooks POS
Step-By-Step troubleshooting Methods To Resolve XML Errors In QuickBooks Point Of Sale
Once you are done with the above settings, now you can move ahead to troubleshoot and resolve the XML errors in QuickBooks. It is advised to follow the steps (given below) wisely so as to avoid any further mistakes.
Solution-1: Try Renaming the Entitlement Client Folder
- First open Windows File Manager and head to this address C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v(xx)
- Now simply rename the Version 12.0 folder to V8, Version 2013 to V8 & Version 10.0 to V6
- In case, if no files are shown, then try unhiding the system files as shown above
Read also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error Code 176109
Solution-2: Try Renaming the session data files
- For this, press Windows + R, then type services.msc
- Press Enter and search Intuit Entitlement Service option
- now Right-click over it and select the STOP option
- Next, head to this address C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v
- Now find the sessiondata.xml file, and right-click on it
- Choose the Rename option and type OLD at the end of the file name, eg:- SessionDataOLD.xml
- After this, open QuickBooks Point of Sale again to check if the XML error still persists or not
If this solution doesn’t work, kindly move to the next solution.
Solution-3: Try Deleting The Files From The Entitlement Folder
- For this, open Windows File Manager and locate to this address C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v
- Select all the files from the folder by pressing CTRL + A and press the Delete key from your keyboard
- Simply click Yes and proceed
- Now reopen the QuickBooks again
Solution-4: Repair QuickBooks Point Of Sale Application
Repairing QuickBooks Point of Sale application can resolve various issues and errors you may be encountering with the software. Here are the steps to repair QuickBooks Point of Sale application:
- Firstly you have to press the Window + R.
- Then the next step is to type appwiz.cpl in the run window and hit the Enter button.
- Find “QuickBooks Point of Sale” in the list of programs and select it.
- Ater that you have to Select the Uninstall/Change.
- Then you have to click the Next and then choose the Repair.
- Now finally you have to wait for while untill application is repaired.
- After repairing process is complete you have to restart your system again.
These were the few proven techniques to resolve XML errors in QuickBooks Point of Sale. We hope these tips have helped you in solving the issue. If in case, the error still persists or you have any queries related to resolving XML errors in QuickBooks Point Of Sale, you can contact our Technical support. Our in-house QB ProAdvisors Team is available 24*7 to provide their expertise to various QuickBooks users who are having some issues with their software.