Stuck with the Quicken error CC-501, and not able to able to connect to the bank to receive transaction information? Then read this article, here we will know, Why the CC-501 occurs, why Quicken Online not working, and how to fix the error with some of the easy procedures. Feel free to dial the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for Quicken support.
Table of Contents
What is Quicken CC-501 Error and why does it occur
Quicken CC-501 error code mostly creates 2 types of problems, bank updating issue, and mobile sync activates issue. This issue can occur because of different reasons. Let’s know, what will be the reasons for the error;
Why Quicken Error CC-501 Occurs
Here are the possible reasons for the error code;
- Maybe the bank’s end blocking Quicken from connecting.
- The mobile may not sync with the direct deposit to activate.
- You may be opening the wrong bank transaction file.
- Malware and infection assaults.
- Due to a corrupted or incomplete installation of Quicken Software.
- Enliven application is running foundations.
- Debased Windows registry from an ongoing Quicken-associated application change(Install or Uninstall).
- Enliven records are contaminated or broken.
How to Fix Quicken CC-501 Error One Step Update Not Working Issue
We have given some of the solutions to troubleshoot the Quicken CC-501. Have a look, and try the solutions, according to your error type.
Solution 1: Update the Transactions
Follow the procedure to update the transaction QuickBooks;
- Initially, what you need to do is just refresh your online account information and then
- You need to open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
- Next, just click the Actions Gear Icon on the upper right of the register and then select Update Now.
- After that what you need to do is just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- And then, just repeat these steps for each account with this error.
If Quicken not downloading the bank transactions then go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update Quicken
Update the Quicken by following the below procedure;
- You need to follow these simple steps in order to fix these issues.
- Initially, select Tools Menu > One Step Update.
- Next, select the Update Now option.
- And if a Quicken update is available, Quicken explores a window that defines what’s in the update.
- You need to close the Quicken running program in a proper manner.
- And finally, after closing Quicken, all your work will be saved, and you can easily restart working.
Solution 3: Change the Password
- Firstly, open Quicken.
- And then go to each account that experiences this error code.
- Next, you need to refresh the bank account setting in which you are setting this error.
- After that click on the account name under CC 501 occurs.
- Now you need to come over to the right-hand side of the screen and then click the gear icon with a downwards arrow.
- Click Update(Ctrl+Alt+U) to refresh account settings.
- And once you put Quicken ID & Password or Vault password, a new window will pop up with the function of one-step update settings, and click on Update Now.
- Again put the vault password if set up.
- Next, you’ll find yourself prompted to change a password, simply delete the existing password. Just make sure that three of your passwords must be blank and click on OK.
- After that, it will start updating your accounts.
- And, after fully updating your accounts, you are good to go.
Solution 4: Deactivating the account
- First, go to Tools > Account List(Ctrl+A).
- After that, you’ll see the list of Accounts then click on Edit the account which experiences error code CC 501.
- Then click Online Services.
- After that Deactivate and tap Yes to confirm.
- And, once your account is fully deactivated, you can see Set up Now under the Online Setup tab.
- Click OK and Done.
- Now, make a check by Validate File and then click OK.
- You’ll find Quicken starts to validate the file.
- All right now the validation has been completed & closed the DATA_LOG file notepad.
- Now again come back to Tools > Account List.
- After that, you need to click Edit on the account which experiences Quicken error CC 501 and Go to Online Services.
- Then Setup Now.
- Again type the username and password for your financial institution & then click Save a password.
- Finally, you can click connect.
Solution 5: Update Account Status
- First, go to the Tools and Online Center.
- Here, you will see the offending transactions recorded under the transactions list.
- Look for the listed transaction and cut it.
- Now, perform an online update of your account.
- Later, reconcile your account, and examine if the flag is however present.
- If the flag is not showing on your screen, then it means your account will be error-free.
Solution 6: Try to Fix the 501 Error Manually
- Adding a new account.
- Using outdated bank credentials.
- Due to temporary server issues.
- Not using an updated version of Quicken
- Using an unsupported version of Quicken.
Solution 7: Reinstall Quicken
This is also the method to lessen the chances of errors for this you have to follow the given steps:
- Firstly before reinstalling, you have to uninstall Quicken so, press Windows +R to open the run window.
- Now after opening the run window you have to type “appwiz.cpl” and press the “enter” key.
- Now the next step is to find the Quicken entry and after that, you have to right-click on it.
- Then you have to select uninstall and ensure that all temporary are deleted.
- After doing all the steps mentioned above you have to download Quicken and install it by accepting the term and conditions.
- After Quicken is installed on your system, you have to enter the account details.
- After entering the details, you can check whether the error cc-501 is resolved or not.
Always make sure that you are using updated Quicken software, if not then click the help tab and check for available updates. You must now be aware of using the Quicken bill pay account online.
Hopefully, this article will help you to troubleshoot the Quicken error CC-50. Still, if you have any kind of issue or query regarding this topic then drop a call to our expert through the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904.