Quicken Error OL-301-a is occurred due to a connection issue in the financial institution when using the Direct Connect feature. You may need to contact your bank to resolve the issue if the solution provided here is not effective.
You can also take help for our Quicken support team at toll-free +1-888-883-9555 to save your time and effort.
Why do Quicken encountered an online error ol 301 a
While using Quicken Frequently, you might come across an error called OL-301. Well, one of the possible reasons why Error OL-301-a occurs is that Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution when using Direct Connect.
The purpose of this article is to provide you with the instructions that you must follow to resolve the Quicken Error OL-301-a.
There are times when you come across steps that seem like they might be impossible to enact. In such cases, you can contact the Quicken Support telephone number 8888839555 and seek the help that you feel is necessary. The Quicken Support team will make sure that no stones are left unturned when it comes to getting rid of the problems that you might be facing.
Steps to Resolve the Quicken Error OL-301:
At first, you need to update to the latest version of Quicken. After that, you need to refresh the settings of your branding and profile.
But, if you have not updated your Quicken to a newer version after then you’ll need to continue to the Delete Temporary Internet files section given below;
- Firstly, you need to select the Tools menu and then choose the Online Center option.
- Next, you need to click on the drop-down arrow that states Financial Institution. After that, you must select your financial institution.
- Now, press CTRL+Shift together and then click on the Contact Info option.
- After that from the dropdown list, you will need to choose one of the accounts that are affiliated with the bank.
- Then, click on the Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and then hit Refresh.
- Now, click on OK and then go online by selecting the Update/Send.
- Finally, you need to restart the online sessions.
Moving further, you’ll need to delete your temporary internet files. Let’s discuss their steps:
Following are the steps that you need to follow on certain versions of windows:
- Initially, you’ll need to click on the Start option and then click on Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to the Network and Internet section and click on it.
- Now, you need to click on Internet Options.
- After that, click on the General tab icon, and select the Delete option under your Browsing history.
- Then, click on the Delete all option and then select Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information.
- Finally, click on OK to end the procedure.
- At first, you need to click on the Start option and select the Control Panel option.
- Next, the Control Panel of Windows 10 is located in the Windows System folder situated in the Start.
- After that, you’ll have to click on the Network and Internet option.
- Now, click on the Internet Options section.
- Then you need to click on the General tab section.
- Again select the Delete option under your browsing history.
- Next, select the Delete all option.
- Finally, you need to click on Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information, and then select OK.
And if you have any issues with the Windows version of Quicken then don’t hesitate to contact Quicken for windows support.
But if in case, you are not able to locate the Control Panel, just follow these steps:
- In order to start, just click on the Start option and then select to open the File Explorer.
- Then, you need to click on the C: drive icon and then select to open the Properties section.
- Now, click on the Disk Cleanup option.
- After that, you need to click uncheck on everything with the exception of Temporary Internet Files.
- Again click on the OK option.
- Finally, you need to click on the Delete Files option to end the procedure.
If this error occurs when trying to send an online payment
Sometime, it may happen that you have easily update your account, when you are getting error while sending payments.
If you are in the same situation, the first thing to make sure is that the payment date is allowing enough time for the payment to be sent.
If it is not the case, you need to contact your banking service provider to make sure you’re properly enrolled in their bill pay service.
You can easily find the contact details of your bank by
Open Quicken >> go to Tools > Online Center and click Contact Info at the top of the window after selecting your bank’s name.
We hope that this article will help you in resolving the issue. Now, after following the steps that were mentioned above, you will be able to install the software without facing Error Quicken Error OL-301.
On the off chance that the issue still continues to exist then you can contact the Quicken team. Also, you can ask the tech team for assistance and they will guide you in overcoming any technical issue that you might be facing.