Having trouble fixing Quicken Error OL-301-a using Online services? Here we are to provide you solution. In this article, we will know why you face the to fix this error OL-301-a, when you face it, and what are the solutions to fix the Quicken banking error OL-301. In the meantime, you can take instant help from the experts by dialing the toll-free+1-844-405-0904.
Table of Contents
What is Quicken Error OL-301-a
Quicken error OL-301-a is a connection issue between the Quicken software and financial institutions. It mostly appears, when you try to connect with the financial institute by using the direct connect.
And some times it allows you to log in to the bank using Quicken, but not will allow you to run anything. It has different reasons, and purposes of appearing. In the below, you can get the detail.
Error Code: Quicken error OL-301-a
Error Message: Error OL-301-A: Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Why Does the Quicken Encounter an Error OL-301-a
The Quicken banking error OL-301, mainly occurs because of three main reasons, and they are;
- Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution when using Direct Connect.
- The server of bank server may be down.
- Slow speed of internet connection.
The above are the main reasons for the error code, but if you don’t think any of the points are not the reason for the error code in your case then it will be good to take Quicken support for the right answer.
Things to Do Before Fixing the Error Code
Before solving the error code, you have to cover these two points for easy troubleshooting action.
- Create a Quicken Data File Backup: Before fixing the Quicken Error OL-301-a, we recommend you make a quick file backup before choosing any troubleshooting steps because if there is a drop in the middle of this process you can return to the same place. Follow the below steps to create a backup:
- Go to your Quicken and open it.
- Now, look for the Backup and Restore option and later click on Back up Quicken File.
- Later, select Back up Now.
- Recongnize the exact reason of the error code.
Procedure to Resolve the Quicken Error OL-301:
Here are some of the solutions to troubleshoot the error, have a look;
Solution 1: Update the Quicken to the Latest Version
First of all, you need to cross-check that, you are in the latest version or not. If not then update Quicken to the latest version.
Solution 2: Refresh the Profile Settings
If you have updated from a discontinued version of Quicken then, you need to refresh the profile settings of the bank.
- Firstly, you need to go to the Tools menu and then choose the Online Center option.
- Next, you need to click on the drop-down arrow that States Financial Institution. After that, you must select your financial institution.
- Now, press CTRL+Shift together and then click on the Contact Info option.
- After that from the dropdown list, you will need to choose one of the accounts that are affiliated with the bank.
- Then, click on the Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and then hit Refresh.
- Now, click on OK and then go online by selecting the Update/Send.
- Finally, you need to restart the online sessions.
Solution 3: Delete Temporary Internet File from Browser
Following are the steps that you need to follow on certain versions of windows:
- Initially, you’ll need to click on the Start option and then click on Control Panel.
- Next, navigate to the Network and Internet section and click on it.
- Now, you need to click on Internet Options.
- After that, click on the General tab icon, and select the Delete option under your Browsing history.
- Then, click on the Delete all option and then select Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information.
- Finally, click on OK to end the procedure.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Next, the Control Panel of Windows 10 is located in the Windows System folder situated in the Start.
- After that, you’ll have to click on the Network and Internet option.
- Now, click on the Internet Options section.
- Then you need to click on the General tab section.
- Again select the Delete option under your browsing history.
- Next, select the Delete all option.
- Finally, you need to click on Yes to confirm that you want to delete this information, and then select OK.
And if you have any issues with the Windows version of Quicken then don’t hesitate to contact Quicken for windows support.
But if in case, you are not able to locate the Control Panel, just follow these steps:
- In order to start, just click on the Start option and then select to open the File Explorer.
- Then, you need to click on the C: drive icon and then select to open the Properties section.
- Now, click on the Disk Cleanup option.
- After that, you need to click uncheck on everything with the exception of Temporary Internet Files.
- Again click on the OK option.
- Finally, you need to click on the Delete Files option to end the procedure.
Solution 4: Contact your Bank
If any one of the above solutions will not fix the problem then contact your bank. And ensure that, is there any problem besides the bank or not.
It was all about the Quicken error OL-301-a. Hope you find it informative. Still, if you have any kind of doubts regarding the topic then you can contact our well-trained expert for the solutions.