Quicken Error CC-502 occurs when you are updating your bank account. Read this article to fix this Quicken error. Here we’ll discuss Quicken Error CC-502 which is considered as a very common error and occurs while updating your Bank Accounts into Quicken. Let’s discuss in detail: You can also contact our Quicken Support team, in order to save your time and effort,
Symptoms of Quicken Error CC-502
When “Error CC-502” appears then it crashes the active program window.
- You’ll observe that your system frequently crashes with Error CC-502 when running the same program.
- Also, windows performance becomes sluggish and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- You’ll find your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Basically, during program installation, these CC-502 error messages can appear, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program i.e. Quicken is running during Windows startup or shutdown. Or you can say during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your CC-502 error is another challenge in troubleshooting the problem.
Why Does Quicken Error CC-502 Occur?
These are the possibilities for Quicken Error CC-502. Have a look;
- Financial institutions updated some services.
- An issue in the data file.
- Quicken is not running with latest release etc.
But there might be a question in your mind. How can we resolve it?
How to Resolve Quicken Error CC-502?
In order to fix this issue, given methods will work for you, if not then reach Quicken Support.
- At first, you need to confirm that you are on the latest Quicken release.
- Also, you can check for updates simply by going to Help> Check for Updates. In case, if no updates available then a confirmation prompt will appear advising you that you are on the latest release.
You need to wait one business day and then refresh your online account information. The reason behind this error message is typically by maintenance on your bank’s website. Also, you can try updating again in a few hours or the next business day. If the issue still occurs after one business day then the steps below should resolve our issue.
- Simply open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
- Next, click the gear Icon on the upper right of the register, and then select Update Now.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the update.
- And, then repeat these steps for each account with this error.
Moving further, if in case the above steps fail to resolve the issues then;
The main cause could be that the bank account login password uses special characters that may interfere with Quicken’s ability to download transactions. And, these special characters can be the ampersand(&), left carat(<), right carat(>), backslash(\), and forward slash(/).
Note: One thing you should keep in mind that these steps are only for accounts set up for Express Web Connect. The given steps will not work for accounts connected via Direct Connect or Web Connect.
- Log in to your bank’s website.
- Next, change your password to use characters other than special characters such as &, <, >, \, or, /.
- Now Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
- After that click on the account in the Password Vault.
- Then you can choose Change Password for the account.
- Again enter the same password you just used to log into the bank’s website, and click Change, then Done.
- And, now select Tools > One Step Update to confirm that the error is resolved.
Point to remember: It is seen that having these characters in the password helps you to prevent from activating an account for Express Web Connect in Quicken. And, you’ll simply need to change your password with your bank to use characters other than these five special characters.
If the issue persists
If you find your password that does not contain any of these five special characters, OR if this error still occurs after correcting the password, please feel free to Contact Us so we can help fix this issue.
Operating System Information
Additionally, CC-502 error messages can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
As we have discussed above the symptoms and how to recover error CC-502. Hope this information will help you but in case if you still have any queries. Don’t hesitate to contact our Quicken Support team. Just dial our toll-free number 8888839555.