Quicken Error CC-502 occurs when you are updating your bank account. Read this article to fix this Quicken error. Here we’ll discuss Quicken Error CC-502 which is considered as a very common error and occurs while updating your Bank Accounts into Quicken. Let’s discuss in detail: You can also contact our Quicken Support team, in order to save your time and effort,
Symptoms of Quicken Error CC-502
When “Error CC-502” appears then it crashes the active program window.
- You’ll observe that your system frequently crashes with Error CC-502 when running the same program.
- Also, windows performance becomes sluggish and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- You’ll find your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Basically, during program installation, these CC-502 error messages can appear, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program i.e. Quicken is running during Windows startup or shutdown. Or you can say during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your CC-502 error is another challenge in troubleshooting the problem.
Why Does Quicken Error CC-502 Occur?
These are the possibilities for Quicken Error CC-502. Have a look;
- Financial institutions updated some services.
- An issue in the data file.
- Quicken is not running with the latest release etc.
But there might be a question in your mind. How can we resolve it?
How to Resolve Quicken Error CC-502?
Method 1: Update Quicken
- First, open your Quicken.
- Later, look for the Help option and click on Check for Updates.
- Now, choose to Yes if you notice new updates.
- Later, go with all the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Method 2: Refresh Online Banking Details
- First, click on the Account Bar and look for the account that is dealing with Error CC-502.
- Now, Go to the gear icon at the right side or you can also click and hold CTRL+Shift+N at the same time.
- After that, Go to the Update Now and click on it.
Method 3: Validate Quicken Files and Deactivate Account
- At very first, look for the Tools and click on the Account List.
- Now, go to the account list, select Edit for the account having “Quicken Error CC-502”.
- Later, look for Online Services and then select the Deactivate option.
- Now, choose Yes to confirm.
- At last, click on Ok and then click on Done.
- If you want to make sure that the Quicken file is not damaged, then go with the following steps:
- First, click on the File, and go to the File Operations, then later click on Validate and Repair.
- Now, you need to check the option with Validate File and select Ok.
- Choose Save when the save transaction window will display on your screen.
- Once it is completed, you will notice a DATA_LOG. This will reveal if there is any damaged Quicken file.
- Now, close DATA_LOG notepad.
- If you want to reactivate the Quicken account, then go with the following steps:
- Go to the Tools and click on the Account List.
- Later, go to the Edit and then click on Online Services.
- Next, click on Set up Now.
- Now, insert your Username and Password.
- After that, you may require to insert the Quicken ID & Password or Vault Password.
- Now, Click on Connect.
- Be sure to LINK account information with Quicken.
Method 4: Create New Quicken Test File
- First, go to the File and click on New Quicken File.
- Now, save the Test file with a name.
- Later, go to Add Account and click on it.
- Here, you need to choose your Account Type and insert your Username & Password.
- This will add an account with a Test File. Click on Finish.
- Now, go to the account from the Account bar.
- This will display all the upcoming transactions.
- Now, select Accept All to register the transactions.
- Later, update your account in Test File.
- Once it is completed, click on Done.
- Later, look for the Tools and click on Add Account.
- Click on your account type and financial institution.
- Now, insert the Username & Password. Go to the Sign In then click on Connect.
- Select the LINK- to existing Quicken Account and choose the account facing Error CC-502.
- Now, choose to Next and Finish.
- later, click on One Step Update Icon.
- Checkmark the account facing an issue and insert the password.
- Next, go to Update Now.
- Click on Close when One Step Update Complete.
If you find your password that does not contain any of these five special characters, OR if this error still occurs after correcting the password, please feel free to Contact Us so we can help fix this issue. You can reach us by dialing our toll-free+1-855-441-4417 and get instant help from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors team.