Are you facing issues like QuickBooks unable to sync license? This is one of the most common problems for users in QuickBooks. When users try to sync the license data, this error shows.
The QuickBooks display this statement as “ There was an issue in sync your Quickbooks license data with Intuit. Please try again later.” Sometimes error show like “QuickBooks Unable to Sync License “
- Steps to fix QuickBooks unable to sync license issue
Steps to fix QuickBooks unable to sync license issue
Make sure that your License and Product number are entered correctly. You can also use the License Look-Up Tool for verification.
Solution 2: Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
Note that the Entitlement Client folder is a hidden folder. Maybe you require to Display hidden files and folders or look for the files using Windows before performing the following steps. First, check out how to display hidden files and folder’s steps.
Display hidden files and folder’s steps
- Go to your Desktop or System Tray, and click on the folder icon to initiate File Explorer.
- Next, click on the View tab and then click on Hidden Items.
Windows 8.1/ 8
- Go to your keyboard, press and hold Windows+E to launch File Explorer.
- Click on the View tab and choose File extensions and Hidden items.
Search for files in Windows
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
- Go to the keyboard, press and hold Windows+E and launch Windows Explorer.
- Now, you need to press and hold Ctrl+F at the same time to select the Search Box.
- If you do not remember the complete file name, try inserting part of the file name.
- If you only remember the file extension, then substitute an asterisk for the file name and enter the extension also. For example, insert *.qbw to search for QuickBooks data files or *.doc to explore for Microsoft Word documents.
- Now, your search results will display on your screen.
Note: The same file name may appear in multiple directories or folders. The same file name may also display multiple times with different file extensions.
Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- On your keyboard, press and hold Windows+R simultaneously to open the Run command.
- Now, you need to copy and paste the given path as it is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client, then click on Enter.
- Look for the folder v8 and click on it, next click on Rename.
- Now you can rename the folder to v8(OLD).
Check out the internet connectivity and it is not blocked by a firewall.
Check the security settings in Internet Explorer.
Solution 5: Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
- Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Go to ->Tools menu -> click Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab:
- Select the Internet icon -> click the Default level
- Select the Local intranet icon -> click the Default level
- Go to the Advanced tab:
- Click Restore advanced settings button
- Select the Reset button to reset IE settings
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close and restart Internet Explorer.
In the above solutions, we hope you will get a better result for your problem. But still, if you are facing the problem you can dial our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1-844-541-8444 for help. Get in touch with the expert to get instant support and help.