QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available for small and medium-sized businesses. And the reason is the feature that QuickBooks offers like Multi-user mode but sometimes its performance effects due to some technical errors.
One of them is QuickBooks Error H303 that usually occurs when users try to access their company files from the computers other than the QuickBooks hosting computer.
To fix QB error H303 users need to configure some additional settings and installation of few PC files. In this article, we’ll discuss how to fix QuickBooks Error H303 in simple steps.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error H303
In order to find the solution to any problem, it is important to find the reason that caused the error in the first place. Therefore, here we mentioned the reasons that potentially cause the QuickBooks Error H303.
- When the firewall is blocking the communication procedure of QuickBooks company files.
- The error could be caused by the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files having .ND extensions.
- The computer network connection is not working properly.
- When the hosting configuration and settings are not correct.
- QuickBooks is unable to access company files due to the issues in the hosted server or IP address.
Different Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H303
You can try any one of the below-mentioned solutions to fix the QB error code H303.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor
- First update the QuickBooks software to the latest version available.
- Then, download QuickBooks File Doctor from the official site and install it on the QuickBooks Hosting computer.
- Now, run the QuickBooks File Doctor and it will automatically detect and fix the error.
- When QB File Doctor finishes its diagnosing process, you can check whether QuickBooks Multi-user mode is working or not.
Solution 2: Correctly Configure the QuickBooks Settings
- For this you need to run QuickBooks in Multi-user mode.
- Then you need to disable the QuickBooks Multi-user mode on all the computers.
- To do this, select the File option from the top menu bar and then select the Utilities option. After that click on the Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- After that Turn On hosting on the QuickBooks Hosting computer.
- Then restart the QuickBooks on all the computers and check whether QB Multi-user mode is working or not.
Solution 3: Change QuickBooks Folder Location
- You can also change the location of the QuickBooks folder on the hosting computer. We recommend you to create a new folder in Local Disk C.
- Give permission to the Windows to access the folder so you can share the QuickBooks company files.
- Copy all the QuickBooks files with .qbw extension and paste them into a new folder.
- Now check whether QuickBooks is running in Multi-user mode or not.
Solution 4: Configure QuickBooks Firewall Settings
- First, go to the Windows Control Panel.
- And then select the Firewall Settings option.
- After that click on the option that says Allow a Program through Firewall.
- Then select the Add Program option from the exception list and then add QuickBooksDBXX.
- Now restart the QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks Error H303 is still occurring or not.
In this article, we’ve discussed the reasons that cause the QB error code H303 and different ways to fix QuickBooks error H303.
It is quite common that users may get stuck during solving the error code h303 using any one of the above-mentioned methods. You may require some technical knowledge while troubleshooting the error.
Therefore, we recommend you to hire a QuickBooks Proadvisor to assist you to fix the errors instantly. To know more about the services we offer feel free to call us at our 24/7 toll-free customer support number +1-855-441-4417.