QuickBooks fails to sync the Intuit server, and showing the QuickBooks error 404 service message? This message randomly appears on the screen with the error message “Page not found”, while working on QuickBooks. Here in this article, we will discuss, why the 404 error occur, what are the signs to identify the error code, and how can we fix it. Read the complete article to troubleshoot the issue, and meanwhile, you can dial the toll-free number+1-844-405-0904 for expert advice.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 404
QuickBooks 404 error code is normally encountered during the installing of QuickBooks or operating system. It indicates that the software or site is unable to find what was requested by you. It doesn’t appear because of a particular reason, so it is important to note the track of how and when this error occurred. So that you can easily find out the exact solution according to the reason.
|Platform of Appearance||QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop|
|Error messages||Page Not Found|
Service messages error# 404
Intuit Error 404
Error 404 pages not found
QuickBooks update error 404
|Error Source||QuickBooks Sync Intuit Server|
Why QuickBooks page Not Found 404 Error Occurs
Here are some of the reasons for the 404 error code. You can check all of the points to know the exact reason for the problem;
- The web page you are trying to open or access could not be found on the server.
- The page has been banned but the URL is the same.
- Error Code crashes the potential program window.
- Your computer frequently breaks down with Error 404 while running the same application.
- “QuickBooks Update Error 404” is displayed on your screen.
Indications of 404 Error in QuickBooks
Here are some of the signs, which will help you to identify the 404 error in QuickBooks;
- The web page you are attempting to reach will not be found on the server.
- The page has been removed or moved but the URL has not been changed.
- Error Code drops the dynamic application window.
- Windows run slowly and react slowly to mouse or any additional input device.
- PC impacts with Error 404 when operating a similar program.
- “QuickBooks Error 404” is promoted on your computer screen.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404
The Runtime Errors, “Error 404” can occur by a lot of different factors. So, it is highly important that you fix every single possible cause which can remove the problem. Below are given the troubleshooting process which is very easy to perform by yourself and not very time-consuming.
Solution 1: Update and Repair QuickBooks
- Start QuickBooks and select the Help menu.
- Choose to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the company file and start performing tasks discontinued by QuickBooks 404 Error.
- If the issue still exists, continue for QuickBooks Repairing as discussed below:
- Press and hold Windows +R concurrently.
- Now in the run box opened at the bottom left corner of your screen and insert “Appwiz.cpl”
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of Installed Programs and right-click on it and choose Repair.
- After the repair is completed, verify the issue has been fixed or not
Solution 2: Reconfigure the System Settings
- Start QuickBooks and open your company files.
- Begin the process wherever you are meeting with QB Error 404.
- Close QuickBooks and Log out from the company file.
- Renew Windows and restart the computer.
- Now, Open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Choose the Advanced option and browse in the settings option.
- Quit all the programs and save the information.
- Press and hold Windows + R concurrently and type msconfig in the run box and select Ok.
- Choose the General option on the system configuration screen.
- Look for the Startup Selection and choose Selective Startup and click on Ok.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 3: Check your Internet Speed
- Open your browser like Internet Explorer and try to initiate a regularly opened website.
- Refresh the internet setting and try again if you find a problem opening the URL.
- If you still got the error message like “Page can’t be displayed” or “Connect to the internet” then you have to switch off and on your wireless router and open the URL again.
- If you are facing an identical issue repeatedly then restart the computer system and try again with the same steps above.
- Set your Internet Explorer browser as the default browser.
- Finally, if the above steps are not helpful then contact your internet service provider
Solution 4: Change your Internet Settings
- First, open Internet Explorer and go to the Tools option and click on Internet Options.
- Choose to Security Tab, look for the Trusted Sites and click on it.
- Now here you need to add *.intuit.com and* .quickbooks.com as trusted sites.
- Choose Close and then click on Ok.
- Close QuickBooks and log out from the company file and
- Reopen QuickBooks and open the company file and execute the job where you found QB Error 404.
Now, you need to run the entire in its entirety and monitor the result of every single step. After each step, you need to check the error status, you may get the solutions in the middle.
Hopefully, now you can solve the 404 easily in QuickBooks. Still, if you have any queries related to the article then, you can contact our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for a satisfactory solution.