Here we will discuss, how you combine the financial reports from multiple QuickBooks Desktop company files. You can get an organized and more reliable summary of your companies’ financial behavior just by combining reports using QuickBooks Desktop, or a third-party application, or Excel. Read the complete article to learn combining reports, here in this article several options are mentioned to aid you with this. For more info contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-844-405-0904
It is much reliable to combine reports from Multiple Companies features enable you to create reports for combining multiple balance sheets-all these processes, you can transfer to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheets file.
Some basic parts for basic information about combine QuickBooks reports are:
- An understanding between the two or more different accounts: One of the major tasks of performing the combined reports is understandable. If you have sufficient knowledge about this or you can understand the different data then you can easily examine the required information for completing the task.
- Arrange report for orientation: After visualizing the information the next phase is to organize the data as per need.
- Modify reports: If you want to make some changes in their information according to the requirement then it’s a necessary part.
- Mark Comment: For making your information effective and favorite then you can comment.
- Organize and built regular reports: One of the most important things is classified as the data and must be scheduled.
Points to remember:
Before proceeding further to the combining steps, there are a few things that you need to keep in your while combining reports.
- If you want to make your combined reports easy to read, then you need to make your chart of accounts in your company files as same as you can.
- The only accounts will be combined, when are having the same name, same type, and as well at the same hierarchical level in every report. Here, account names are not case sensitive.
- Here are some conditions when accounts are not combined.
- When accounts are at different levels. For example, if you have a telephone account, then it will not combine with the telephone subaccount.
- When there are spelling differences in the account names, For example, the telephone is not combined with the phone.
- When you have distinct account numbers.
- When one account is with account numbers, and the other is without an account number.
- When the accounts are listed by type. Every type of accounts is listed in the order of changes on the first company file. Then, accounts from other company files are added in the order they are encountered.
- You might need to log in to your files and switch your file single-mode to multi-user mode.
Note: If you are a QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier, then options 2 and 3 will work for you. If you are a QuickBooks Mac Desktop user, then Option 3 only works for you. Go as according to your QuickBooks version
Option 1: Combine reports in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise allows you to combine the reports from multiple company files. These are:
- Balance Sheet Standard
- Balance Sheet Summary
- Profit & Loss Standard
- Profit & Loss by Class
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Trial Balance
Here are the steps to combine reports:
- Go to the QuickBooks Reports menu, and click on the Combine Reports from Multiple Companies.
- Next, click on Add Files, find the other company file, and then click on Open. Repeat the process for additional files.
- Below the Select reports for combining, Click on the reports you require to combine.
- Click on the report From and To date range, then go to the reported basis and click on it.
- Click on the Combine Reports in Excel. A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet will open with the combined information.
Option 2: Use a third-party software
if you want to use Third Party software then you can point out many programs that work with QuickBooks. In these, some provide valuable information to make additional data from multiple corporate data files
Option 3: Manually export reports from each file and combine them using Microsoft Excel
- First, go to your first company file and open it.
- Next, click on the selected report, and export it to an Excel worksheet and save the workbook.
- Now, go to the second company file and click it.
- Next, generate the same report, and then export to a new worksheet in the same workbook and click on Save.
- Go to Microsoft Excel and open your workbook.
- Manually combine the two reports into a third worksheet.
- Now, save your workbook.
If you don’t know how to combine QuickBooks reports then you can call us at our QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904.