Are you using QuickBooks for a long time and want to delete online data and start over? No problem, In this post, we will discuss how to deleting Online data and start over in QuickBooks. You can make a clean start at any time by removing all your data from QuickBooks. To start over first you need to choose a suitable situation that applies to you in order to Delete Online data and start over. Read the complete article and get your query resolved with the best-suited method. Get QuickBooks support for more info. contact us toll-free +1-844-405-0904.
Follow the steps below to delete online data and start over again
When your Account has been active for less than 60 days and need to start over
This method only works for QuickBooks Online. If you have QuickBooks Online Plus or Essentials. So, you can use the following steps. And if you are using QuickBooks Online Simple Start and need to start over, you’ll need to cancel your current account and start a new account.
Things You must need to know
You have to note some important information, please keep in mind that this process will delete all data entered into the company. And once the information is deleted, it can’t be reversed.
For Payroll users, if you have Quickbooks Online Payroll or Full Services Payroll, you can follow the steps to cancel and start a new account. The payroll data will not be affected and the payroll system doesn’t function during clean the data in Quickbooks Online. So, it’s useful for those who have payroll.
For Quickbooks Online Accountant Firm users, don’t try this process for your own firm’s books, if you are using Quickbooks online Accountant. It could cause permanent damage. Rather, import an empty Quickbooks Desktop file.
To Erase the data from your QuickBooks Online account
- The Quickbooks users have to Log in to your Quickbooks online company.
- Need to change the address to include /purge the company.
Example: address shows https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/homepage – change to https://qbo.intuit.com/c28/app/purgecompany
- Now, the next screen will give you a summary of the items to be deleted. Type yes if you want to delete the data and then select OK.
- Click on the Wipe Data once your selections are complete.
Next, you will be rerouted to your home page, When the deletion is complete.
NOTE: Instead of starting over, you can save a lot of time by reusing the list from the old company file. You can read this article to learn how to move lists to the new company file.
When your Account has been active for more than 60 days and need to start over
You’ll have to cancel your QuickBooks account if your account has been active for more than 60 days. And start a new subscription, because you can no longer to remove your company data.
If this condition applies to you then you just have to follow the steps.
Cancel your account
They are the following steps to cancel your account.
- First, you have to sign in to your Quickbooks Online company at https://qbo.intuit.com.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Then Go to Your Account.
- Select the Update Credit Card.
- Click on the Cancel Subscription link, in the Subscription Status section.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and it’ll walk you through the rest of the process.
Start a new account
- Now, you have to Go to http://quickbooks.intuit.com/signup/.
- Fill the User ID and password.
- You can also use the same user ID and a password you previously had. This is the best option for you If you activated payroll in the account.
If your company file is less than 30 days old
NOTE: Make sure before deleting the company files because if your company file is less than 30 days old and once you deleted the data of the company file then you’ll be not able to restore it back.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to erase the data of the company file.
- First of all, you need to sign in to the company file in QuickBooks.
- Then, in the URL, you have to add the /purgecompany.
- Once you made changes, the URL will look like https://sg.qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage to https://sg.qbo.intuit.com/app/purgecompany
- On the keyboard, hit the Enter button.
- On the next screen, you’ll be able to see the summary of items to delete. Then to delete the data, firstly, you need to type the YES and then select OK.
If your company file is older than 30 days
If your QuickBooks company file is older than 30 days then in order to enable the purge feature in QuickBooks and delete the data of the company file, you have to contact the Intuit QuickBooks Officials and then ask them to enable the purge feature.
Once the purge option is enabled, you’ll be able to erase the data of the company file completely. Usually, it takes around 1-2 business days for the Intuit official to enable the purge feature in QuickBooks.
We hope that the post clears all your doubts regarding delete online data and positively the information works for you as well. Deleting the data completely could be proven a risky task for a beginner, therefore, we recommend you consult a QuickBooks ProAdvisor before initiating such a step. You can contact our QuickBooks support team via our 24/7 toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for more information.