Deleting Online Data And Starting Over In QuickBooks
- Last Updated on: March 25th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: Quickbooks
If you are using Quickbooks and wants to remove online data and start over, no problem. In this post we will discuss about how to Deleting QuickBooks Online data and start over. You can make a clean start at any time by removing all your data from QuickBooks. For start over first you need to choose suitable situation that applies to you in order to Delete Quickbooks Online data and start over. Get QuickBooks support for moreb information at toll-free +1-855-441-4417
Account has been active for more than 60 days and need to start over
You’ll have to cancel your account, if your account has been active for more than 60 days. And start a new subscription, because you can no longer to remove your company data.
If this condition applies to you then you just have to follow the steps.
Cancel your account
They are the following steps to cancel your account.
- First you have to sign in to your Quickbooks Online company at https://qbo.intuit.com.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Then Go to Your Account.
- Select the Update Credit Card.
- Click on Cancel Subscription link, In the Subscription Status section.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and it’ll walk you through the rest of the process.
Start a new account
- Now, you have to Go to http://quickbooks.intuit.com/signup/.
- Fill the User ID and password.
- You can also use the same user ID and a password you previously had. This is the best option for you, If you activated payroll in the account.
Account has been active for less than 60 days and need to start over
This method only works for Quickbooks online. If you have Quickbooks Online Plus or Essentials. So, you can use the following steps. And if you are using Quickbooks Online Simple Start and need to start over, you’ll need to cancel your current account and start a new account.
Things You must need to know
You have to note some important information, Please keep in mind that this process will delete all data entered into the company. And once the information is delete, it can’t be reversed.
For Payroll users, if you have Quickbooks Online Payroll or Full Services Payroll, you can follow the steps to cancel and start a new account. The payroll data will not be affected and the payroll system don’t function during clean the data in Quickbooks Online. So, it’s useful for those who have payroll.
For Quickbooks Online Accountant Firm users, don’t try this process for your own firm’s Books, if you are using Quickbooks online Accountant. It could cause permanent damage. Rather, import a empty Quickbooks Desktop file.
To Erase the data from your Quickbooks Online account
- The Quickbooks users have to Log in to your Quickbooks online company.
- Need to change the address to include /purgecompany.
- Now, the next screen will give you a summary of the items to be deleted. Type yes if you want to delete the data and then select OK.
- Click on the Wipe Data once your selections are complete.
Next, you will be rerouted to your home page, When the deletion is complete.
We hope that the post is fulfill all your doubts regarding this topic and hopefully the information works for you as well.