Don’t know how to delete & unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks Online. Don’t worry here we bring to you this manual guide to resolve this issue without any trouble. You can apply these given steps to unmatching or deletion downloaded banking transactions. You can also call our Intuit certified Proadvisor to get instant QuickBooks Support for any topic to save your time and effort.
What are unmatched Transactions in QuickBooks online?
QuickBooks provides a matched or unmatched status to every downloaded transaction from a bank or credit card account. Matching popularity means that the transaction already exists or has already been entered. Uneven transactions in QuickBooks are performed on-line in QuickBooks.
This can happen due to various reasons such as corrupt financial institution transactions, wrong matching techniques. Unmatched transactions are those that create a problem.
How to Unmatch a Transaction in QuickBooks Online?
There are two methods users can unmatch the transaction in QuickBooks Online. You can do it by banking page and through bank register. Check out the below steps to unmatch downloaded transaction in QuickBooks Online.
From the banking page
Steps to unmatch the single transaction:
- First, go to the Banking on the left menu on the page
- Here also look for the banking from the panel and click on it.
- The users have to make sure that the accurate bank or credit card account is chosen
- Next, look for the QuickBooks tab and click on it.
- Click on the items that the user require to unmatch. You can also choose the common header to sort up or filter by amount, date, description and so on. This will be the very easiest way to find the transaction.
- Now, go to the undo in the action column
To unmatch multiple transactions:
- Review every transaction which you require to unmatch.
- Now, got to the date column and click on the undo.
From bank register
- Click on the gear icon on the top of the page
- Next, go the setting and click on the chart of accounts
- Later, look for the account and click on view register in the action column
- Now go to the transactions, and later click on edit
- Next, click on online transaction on the top of the transaction
- Last, click on unmatch on the next screen
After unmatching the transactions, it will revert you to the review tab. Where the users can categorize and match them again.
Deleting Downloaded Transactions in QuickBooks Online
There are two methods user can delete the transaction in QuickBooks Online. You can do it by transaction window and through bank register. Check out the below steps to unmatch downloaded transaction in QuickBooks Online.
From the Register
- First go to the gear icon and look for the chart of account under settings and click on it.
- Next, go to the account, and click on the view register
- Click on all the unwanted transactions
- Later, go to the delete button in the transaction line
- Choose delete both to delete the transaction, as well as the downloaded transactions
Deleted transactions will not be visible in the transaction being rematch.
From the Transaction Window
When deleting a transaction through the transaction window, both the transaction and the downloaded transaction will be deleted. These transactions will not be shown in the transaction list.
- First, go to the gear icon and look for the chart of account under settings and click on it.
- Go to the settings, and click on the chart of account
- Look for the account and click on the view register
- Next, go to the unwanted transactions
- Now choose the edit under the transaction list
- Next, go to the transaction dialogue box, and select on more and click on delete
- At last, click on ok to confirm
Suggested Read: How To Delete A Deposit in QuickBooks
Hope, this blog will help you to Delete and Unmatch a Transaction In QuickBooks. If you still need further assistance, you can call our QuickBooks help number and talk to Our Professionals at +1-844-541-8444 toll-free.
Thank you for your valuable visit. You are very important to us and always welcome here anytime soon.