Don’t know how to delete & unmatch transactions in QuickBooks Online. Don’t worry here we bring to you this manual guide to resolve this issue without any trouble. You can apply these given steps to unmatching or deletion downloaded banking transactions. You can also call our Intuit certified Proadvisor to get instant QuickBooks Support for any topic to save your time and effort.
Steps to unmatch a transactions in QuickBooks
There are two ways in which a user can unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks Online. You can change it by the banking page and also with the bank register.
Follow the below discussed steps to unmatch the downloaded transaction in QuickBooks Online.
From the banking page
To unmatch single transaction:
- From the left menu on the page, choose Banking then go to the banking from the panel.
- You have to make sure that the exact bank or credit card account is chosen
- Later, go to the In QuickBooks tab
- Select the items that the user wants to unmatch. The user can also select the common header to sort up or down by amount, date, description and so on. This will help to easily find the transaction.
- Choose the items that you need to unmatch. You can also choose common headers to sort up or down by amount, date, description, etc. This will assist in tracking the transactions easily.
- Go with the undo option in the action column.
To unmatch multiple transactions:
- You need to check every transaction that user need to unmatch
- Later, click on undo in the date column.
From Bank Register:
- Choose the gear icon, at the top of the page.
- Click on the chart of accounts under the setting
- Look for the account and choose view register in the action column
- Now choose the transactions and after a click on edit
- Later, go to the online transaction at the top of the transaction
- On the next screen, click on unmatch
Steps to Unmatch Transactions in QuickBooks Online
From the register:
- From the top, choose the Gear icon and then Chart of Accounts.
- After that search, the convenient account then Click on the View register/Account history.
- Now choose the unwanted transaction and then select the Delete button from the transaction line.
- To delete both transactions, unmatched and downloaded transactions from the bank, you can choose to Delete Both options. After that, the transaction will be is no longer show in the downloaded transaction area to be rematched.
From the transaction window:
After applying this process for deleting the matched transaction, the transaction will no longer show in the downloaded transaction area. Both transactions and the downloaded transaction will be deleted.
- Select the Chart of Account from the Gear icon
- Look for the convenient account then choose View register/Account history.
- Click on the unwanted transaction and then choose the Edit button on the transaction line.
- Now, On the transaction window, Choose More > Delete and then choose Yes to confirm.
Suggested Read: How To Delete A Deposit in QuickBooks
Hope, this blog will help you to Delete and Unmatch a Transaction In QuickBooks. If you still need further assistance, you can call our QuickBooks help number and talk to Our Professionals at +1-855-441-4417 toll-free.
Thank you for your valuable visit. You are very important to us and always welcome here anytime soon.