Wizxpert is here, with the new article on how to set up job costing and item tracking in Quickbooks Desktop so that you can track payroll expenses by the job. It is very easy to set up the job costing and item tracking for payroll expenses in QuickBooks Desktop. So be with us to explore the steps to set up job costing and item tracking in Quickbooks Desktop.
Steps to Set up Job Costing And Item Tracking In QuickBooks Desktop
Steps to Set up preferences
When you set up your preferences by following these steps then QuickBooks Desktop automatically tracks all the expenses by job for your company payroll expenses. [conditional show_hide=”show”]
- Open QuickBooks and click on the Edit from the main menu and later go to Preferences.
- Click on Accounting from the left menu.
- Now go to the Company Preferences option.
- Make sure that the Use class tracking box has a checkmark. (Note: If it is not marked, the option to assign one per class according to the entry paycheck or income item will not be available.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, go to Edit from the top menu bar and later select preferences.
- Click on the Payroll and Employees from the list in the left pane.
- Choose the Company Preferences option.
- Insert a checkmark in the Job Costing, Class, and Item Tracking for Paycheck expense box and choose whether to be tracked by entry paycheck or identity item.
Suggested Read: How to Set up Job Costing in QuickBooks Online?
Steps to Track expenses by job
When you create or edit payroll items with additions, deductions, or company contributions, QuickBooks Desktop shows a checkbox. This checkbox is known as Track Access by Job in the Name is in the Paycheck and Payroll Reports window of the Payroll Item Setup Wizard. If you choose this box, Quickbooks Desktop prohibits the payment of employees in the same way that it does the taxes paid by the company. Check out the steps below for further guidance.
- First, go to the Lists and later click on the Payroll Item List.
- Now, click on the Right-click the Payroll Item, then choose Edit Payroll Item.
- Click on Track Expenses by Job. (It is necessary to follow the steps above to establish job costing preferences. If job costing is not set in the QuickBooks desktop, you do not see the option to track job expenses when editing payroll items Will give.)
- Click on Next continuously you can click on Finish.
- Repeat these steps for every payroll item that you need to track.
Hope, this guide will be helpful for you to set up job-costing and item tracking in Quickbooks Desktop. Setting up job costing is a very easy task, but if in case you have any issue or problem then feel free to reach us by dialling our toll-free +1-855-441-4417 and get instant solutions from our Intuit certified ProAdvisors.