Are you facing the QuickBooks error 2002, and not able to access the company file? Don’t worry, this article will guide you to know everything about the 2002 error code. Here we will discuss, what is 2002 error code in QuickBooks, why does it occur, and what are the solutions to troubleshoot the error code. In the meanwhile, you can take support from the experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 2002
QuickBooks error 2002 is a common company and payroll issue in QuickBooks, which mostly occurs when we try to create a company file during the use of QuickBooks payroll. Sometimes, we get a prompt to enter a PIN, while creating a company file in QuickBooks payroll. During that time, if we enter a wrong password or PIN in the PIN section, there are a lot of chances to face the error code.
Why Does the 2002 Error Code Occur in QuickBooks
This error code has no specific reason to occur, it can appear because of different reasons. Here are some of the reasons for the error code.
- You may have entered the wrong PIN when a prompt was received by you while using QuickBooks payroll.
- The problem may be the data file.
- The QuickBooks payroll may not be in the latest update.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 2002
Here we have mentioned some of the proven solutions to the QuickBooks payroll error 2002. Have a look, and choose the solution, which matches your reason type;
Solution 1: Run Repair Utility
Run the repair utility by following the below-given procedure, and ensure that, you have a good internet connection;
- Open QuickBooks as an administrator, by using the admin ID, and password.
- Download ‘PayrollSubini.exe’, and run it in your system.
- After that, click on the ‘Repair Utility’ option to run the utility.
- Now you need to check the available payroll updates. Follow the below procedure to check the payroll updates;
- Go to the ‘Employees’ tab, and select the ‘Payroll Updates’ option.
- Now update the software.
- After the complete update, click ‘Ok’.
- In the end, close, and reopen the QuickBooks to ensure the functionality of the repair utility.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You can also run the file doctor tool to troubleshoot the company file issues. Here is the procedure to perform;
- First of all download the QuickBooks tool hub in the latest version.
- Install the tool hub successfully.
- And agree with the terms and conditions to run the tool.
- You can see a tab of ‘Company File Issue’, just click on it.
- There will be an option of ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor ’.
- Click on the option, to download it from the tool hub, or you can also download it from the official site directly.
- It will take some time to open.
- After opening the tool, click the ‘Company File’ drop-down menu. Select the file, that you want to fix.
- If the file is not available in the ‘Company File’ drop-down then, you can ‘Browse and Search’ to find out the file.
- Click on the ‘Check your File’ option, and then the ‘Continue’ button.
- Fill out the QuickBooks admin password, and click the ‘Next’ option.
- The scanning procedure may take some time to complete, it totally depends on the file size.
- After the complete scanning procedure, open the QuickBooks, and the company file to ensure the error is fixed or not.
Solution 3: Re-Enter the PIN
If you are facing the error code because of entering a wrong PIN, while using QuickBooks payroll then, retype the PIN correctly, or create a new PIN to overcome the error. But you should know some points before entering a PIN, have a look;
- The PIN should be a minimum of 8 characters.
- Make sure that, the should be at least one number and one letter.
- The passwords are always sensitive, so always check the caps lock, num lock, and space bar on your keyboard, while entering the PIN.
It was everything about the QuickBooks error code 2002. Hopefully, now you have the idea that why the 2002 error code occurs, and how to troubleshoot the error code. Still, if you have any kind of doubts regarding the topic then can contact our certified QuickBooks experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 for the instant, and best response.