While using QuickBooks you might have come across the missing name list issue. So here we are, with the article about this QuickBooks missing name list problem where you can find everything related to this particular error. We will guide you to solve this issue in different ways. In the meantime, if you have any queries, you can contact the certified experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Missing Name List Issue
The missing name list is an issue that seems to appear as if a name is missing from the QuickBooks list of names. It is encountered while opening the QuickBooks company file and causes due to a number of missing data and files. This causes failure to open a file in QuickBooks and is considered a QuickBooks internal database error. This error can be quickly fixed by carrying out some steps.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Missing Name List
There are many reasons that this error occurs some of them mentioned below.
- If your system file is damaged then this error occurs frequently.
- Sometimes your applications are not installed properly or may be incomplete installation.
- If your files are corrupted then this error may occur.
- Another reason behind this error is the improper shutdown of your PC.
- If your system is affected by any virus or malware then this error may arise.
Solutions to Fix Missing Name List Issue in QuickBooks
Here are some of the tested methods to troubleshoot the missing name list issue in QuickBooks Desktop. You can follow the procedure to fix the issue. But ensure that, while following a procedure, you need to complete the procedure, without skipping a single step.
Solution 1: Activate the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor resolves most of the file-related issues, here’s how:
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub software system.
- Launch the tool hub.
- Go to the company file problems section.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- Browse to the company file, which you were having trouble with. Now click on Repair.
- Finally, the file doctor will notice and repair it.
Solution 2: Conduct a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
The QuickBooks clean install tool helps to remove all the corrupted and damaged files. Follow the given process to clean and install the QuickBooks software.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the Installation Problems section.
- Click on the Clean Install tool button.
- Now the clean install method will be initiated.
Solution 3: Run Auto Data Recovery
To recover all recent transactions, use the initial dealing Log file and the ADR version of the company file. Let us see how to restore the auto data recovery.
- Your Desktop creates a current folder named QBTest.
- Open the ‘Company files’ folder.
- Search for the .tlg to get into your company file’s folder.
Solution 4: Restore the Backup from an Earlier Version
Follow the below steps to restore the backup from the previous version.
- Tap on the company file.
- Click on Open or Restore Company.
- Then the ‘Restore a backup copy‘ option. Later click on the ‘Next’ option.
- You will have to make sure that you have selected Local Backup. After this, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Finally, click on ‘Save’ to complete the process.
So, the above have provided solutions to fix the missing name list error. We hope that you were able to remove this error by following the above methods. In case you are still facing the missing name list problem, then contact our QuickBooks expert for their guidance at +1-844-405-0904.