Converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online is common among the QuickBooks users. It is a common mistake among the users of QuickBooks that they don’t know what they should do after converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online/ Mac or how to use it further.so, here are a few things you need to do after converting QuickBooks Desktop for Windows or Mac to QuickBooks Online to ensure a smooth migration.
We exceptionally suggest you keep your information files in QuickBooks Desktop and maintain your exchanges on both sets of books until you decide QuickBooks Online is right for your business.
How to verify and compare your financial reports after converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Compare the Profit and loss Balance Sheet reports in QuickBooks Online and Desktop, and make sure information was exchanged successfully.
Check the AR and Undeposited Funds account adjusts individually when comparing the reports.
Take in what doesn’t come over from QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
When running your reports, ensure:
- The date is set to “All Dates” in the two products.
- Your accounting method is set to accrual.
Expected report discrepancies:
Money premise – Reports may not necessarily match using this accounting method. This is because QuickBooks Desktop and Online don’t consider transactions as paid a similar way.
Stock recalculation – Your reports may not coordinate up if you imported your stock data because of FIFO recalculations that may have occurred. There will be a task on your homepage that has a form that should be documented with the IRS expressing the Inventory Accounting changes that occurred.
Multi-currency – Transactions with 3 different types of currencies included don’t change over to QuickBooks Online at this time.
Review your accounts detail types
After Convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online keeps your sub-account chain of importance. In any case, it also uses an additional level of account type called “Detail Type.” Detail types enable you to be more specific with your account organization. For example, business accounts can have a number of detail types, such as Advertising, Supplies and Materials, Legal Fees, etc.
The conversion procedure assigns detail types to accounts where the detail is obvious (for example Undeposited Funds). For accounts where it isn’t clear what the detail type ought to be (the majority of records are this way), the transformation procedure allows a generic detail type, such as, Other Miscellaneous Income. You can correct this later
Here is the list of Running Account
- Click on Reports from the left menu.
- Search for and open the “Account List” report.
- Review your accounts.
- To alter an account’s detail type, select the account name.
- From the Detail Type drop-down, pick the right detail type.
- Select Save and Close.
Complete your Payroll setup
If you imported Payroll information from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Exchanges details such as finance product breakdowns and employee year-to-date number don’t convert but exchanges and finance accounts convert in the background.
Obligation discounts, adjustment exchanges, and opening balance exchanges that affect accounts to convert to journal entries.
To finish your finance setup:
- Select Workers from the left menu.
- In the “Paid in [Year]” section, make certain every representative who got a check this year is switched to Yes.
Note: Employees who aren’t taking your payment in the present year will naturally record as No.
- To enter as well as confirm your year-to-date finance total and worker data, select the Complete finance setup.
- To finish the setup, follow the onscreen directions.
- Use “Run Payroll” when you prepare to pay your employees.
- If you were using E-services to play/record your assessments electronically, you’ll have to re-enroll for this service to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. Simply sign in, at that point, go to Gear icon > Payroll Settings.
- If you were using or need to utilize Direct Deposit for your employees, you’ll have to include your manager and worker’s individual bank account information. This should be possible from the “Payroll Settings” page, or from the “Employees Setup” screen.
- Finally, you’ll have to enter/accommodate any verifiable tax payments you made so far this year.
Select Employees from the left menu, at that point Payroll Tax. From here, select Enter prior tax history and start to include the majority of the past expense installments that you made for different agencies so far this year. They should adjust against your liabilities (barring any current unpaid tax liabilities) so far this year.
Regarding pay history and certain pay types:
- Whenever supported, your finance history (the setup screen) will come over. You’ll just need to confirm the aggregates. If your financial history does not convert, we’ll direct you on the best way to enter these year-to-date total to get moving again.
- If you reported, “Gathering Term Life Insurance” or “S-Corp Owners Health Insurance,” our framework will recalculate net pay per the computations for QuickBooks Online Payroll. Remember this when contrasting your QuickBooks Online Payroll Summary reports to your QuickBooks Desktop Summary reports.
In a case, if you are using intuit online payroll with QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
When you start using QuickBooks online payroll set it up in your company file:
- Select Workers from the left menu.
- In the “Paid in [Year]” segment, make sure every worker who got a check this year is switched to Yes.
Note: Employees who have not been paid in the present year will consequently be recorded as No.
- To enter and/or check your year-to-date finance totals and employee data, select a Complete finance setup.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish your setup.
- When you prepare to pay your employees Use “Run Payroll”.
If you need to keep using your independent Payroll, drop your QuickBooks Online Payroll first.
- Sign in to qbo.intuit.com.
- Click on the Gear icon at the top, at that point select Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- Select Billing and Subscription.
- In the “Finance” area, select Cancel.
Note: If you have the choice to drop QuickBooks Online but not payroll, please contact with us. The update complete on our conclusion to ensure your existing won’t be influenced.
- To start synchronizing exchanges with QuickBooks Online, change your export preferences in Intuit Online Payroll.
How to Map your custom pay types
You have to ask to match your payroll items if your Pay types from QuickBooks Desktop isn’t mapping with standard QuickBooks Online Pay Types.
To map your QuickBooks Desktop pay types with that of QuickBooks Online:
- Click on the drop-down in the “QuickBooks Online” column.
- Select Pay types that closely match, how the item was set up in your desktop file.
- To ensure the pay types coordinate, it’s a good practice to check your QuickBooks Desktop file and see how your items are set up. Example: Match ‘S Corp’ to ‘C corp insurance’ pay type.
- After completing the mapping, click on Save and Close.
- Perform the same process for each product that needs to be mapped, then select Continue.
Note: You can’t go back and map your pay types if you select Skip for Now.
Try not to see an option to choose from? Few pay types imported are not supported in QuickBooks Online Payroll. For a situation, select Skip until further notice in the bottom right of the screen.
Note: After choosing “Skip until further notice,” you’ll need to physically create pay types for your employees to finish the finance setup.
How to link your existing Payment account
If you have an active payment account, you don’t need to log in for a new one QuickBooks Online.you should unlink your existing account from your desktop company, then link it to QuickBooks online community.
Get to know FIFO
Once you imported to QuickBooks Online, the calculation method for your inventory will be FIFO (first in first out), using the “as of” date that you chose during import.
What does this mean for my business? You’ll have to record from 3115 with the IRS to notify them that you made this improvement in accounting, using the “as of effective” date that you picked while importing QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
It’s important to know what are the do’s and don’t after converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online and mac. If you still have any doubts regarding things to do after QuickBooks Desktop for Windows or Mac to QuickBooks Online you can contact to wizxpert team of QuickBooks proadvisor. the QuickBooks support team is full time available to help you.