Looking to manage clients with wholesale and direct billing? If yes, then be with us and read this complete article. Here we will discuss how to add, upgrade, remove, or manage clients with wholesale billing and direct billing in QuickBooks Online Accountant. Steps to manage clients with the easy process are mentioned here and you are given some notes to perform it with ease. For More information or any assistant let us know through Toll-free No. :+1-844-405-0904
Table of Contents
Steps to manage clients with wholesale and direct billing in QuickBooks Online Accountant
Here are the steps to add, upgrade, remove wholesale clients in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Add clients to wholesale billing
Add a client who doesn’t have QuickBooks Online
You can select a QuickBooks online subscription that rightly meets your client’s requirements while adding it to your customer’s list. If your customer does not need a subscription, then you can yet add them for tracking purposes. Like this:
- First, click on the client’s menu, and later click on Add client.
- Choose the type of your client, as your client, is a Business client or an individual client.
- Add your client business information. You can choose to add more info if you need to insert additional details.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks subscription, and click on the choice that you need. If you want to view the difference between every plan’s features, then click on the Compare products.
- Note: Always remember, you are allowed to add wholesale billing discounts for new QuickBooks online memberships throughout this step.
- Wholesale discount – While adding a new QuickBooks online subscription on the side of a customer, your firm bills for the customer’s company and you will get a steep discount for the lifetime of that subscription.
- Direct discount – Your customer pays for his company. They will get a discount in the first 12 months of their membership. After 12 months, your client will be billed at the regular price.
- No subscription right now – Use it for customers who do not have a QuickBooks Online subscription, but if you require to view it in your customer’s list. You need to always add a QuickBooks online subscription for this customer later
- Payroll Only – Use it for customers who require to use payroll without a QuickBooks online subscription. You need to regularly add a QuickBooks online subscription for this customer later.
- If your customer wants a payroll subscription then click on Add QuickBooks payroll. Later click on the subscription which they prefer.
- Now, click on the checkbox if you need to be the master admin of the QuickBooks file. If you are not then leave this as it is.
- You need to review all the info, and later click on Save.
Add a client with existing QuickBooks Online
If your customer is already using the QuickBooks Online plan, ask them to invite you as an accountant. They are added to your subscriber list whenever you accept their invitation. It also allows you access to their company. Here are the steps:
- First, contact your client and ask them to invite you as an accountant.
- Now, you will get the email from your client-side, open it.
- Click on the User ID you identify as yours. This takes you to the login page.
- Now, insert your password, then click on the Accept Invitation.
- Click on the accounting firm you want to use.
- Note: If in case nothing happens when you select your firm and, then you have to open your log-in page by using the incognito or private mode. If you are still facing the same issue, then click on learn what to do if you are not able to accept the accountant’s invitation.
- Now, click on Continue on the success page.
If in case your client already has a subscription from any wholesale billing discount from a different firm, then they are still received yours after the old firm removes them. Be sure you need to finish the transfer within 60 days for the eligibility for the discount.
Note: Keep in mind, Only new customers of QuickBooks Online subscription are eligible for wholesale billing discounts.
If in case, your customers already have a QuickBooks Online subscription, then you need to proceed to the “Take over a client’s direct billing” option.
It must be remembered that not all customers are eligible for wholesale billing. You can not add customers to your firm’s billing if they:
- Are integrated the QuickBooks Online subscription with their TSheets subscription.
- Had a FormFly subscription. FormFly is a 1099 API that is designed for the tax season.
- They have an active or inactive QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping subscription.
How To Upgrade a Wholesale client
Follow these steps to upgrade a wholesale billing client. Check out the below steps:
Note: You cannot upgrade QuickBooks Self-Employed to any version of QuickBooks Online.
- First, log in to your QuickBooks Online Accountant
- Later, click on the Settings ⚙, and look for the Subscriptions and billing.
- Now, under the Manage Wholesale Clients option, try to find your client.
- Under the Actions column, click on the upgrade option
If your wholesale customer is still pending then you cannot upgrade a pending wholesale customer. You should wait for that company to be fully transferred to your wholesale billing account before making changes to the company’s membership.
How to add payroll to a Wholesale client company
Before doing this, keep in mind that the accountant user paying for this company’s Wholesale Billing should be the one to add payroll. Go through the below steps to add payroll to a wholesale client company.
- First, log in to your QuickBooks Online Accountant account, then later go to your client’s books.
- Later click on the Workers or Payroll menu, and click on the Employees.
- Click on Choose your plan to start setting up the payroll.
How to remove clients from wholesale billing
When you remove your customer from wholesale billing, after that they have read-only access to the QuickBooks company. After updating your billing information, your customer will get their full access back. They lose any discounts that your firm receives as a result of which they are billed at the usual rates. It does not affect your access to your company in any form.
If your customer has a payroll, then you can also remove payroll from wholesale billing by following these steps.
- Go to the Clients List, and click on the Gear icon.
- Now, click your Account under your Company,
- Later go to the wholesale clients, and find the client.
- Now, under the Action column, click on Select.
- Click on Cancel Payroll from the drop-down menu.
Note: You can also remove a customer in QuickBooks Online Accountant. If necessary be sure to specify a new master administrator so that they can take full control of their company.
Here are the steps on how you can remove your client.
- First, click on Settings ⚙ and then go to the Subscriptions & Billing.
- Click on any clients that you need to remove. If your client is inactive, then first you have to make them active before you proceed further.
- Click on the Transfer billing to the client from the Batch Actions ▼dropdown.
- Now, click on Remove.
How to take over a client’s direct billing
Be sure that the client in QuickBooks Online Accountant is on your client list, then go with these steps to add existing customers to your subscription.
Note: Intuit always made it more secure for your existing customers to transfer their direct billing to you. If you want to add a client to your firm’s membership, the company’s master administrator needs to first accept the transfer to their QuickBooks online.
- First, you need to get your client’s permission to get over their billing. Your customer can use these smart steps in their QuickBooks Online company.
- First, go to the settings ⚙ and look for the subscriptions and billing.
- Click on Add existing customers, then examine if your client is qualified to add.
- Click on the client’s checkbox, then click on the Add clients. If this option is grayed out, go to their company and enter their billing info first.
- In the confirmation window, select Continue.
Hope, this article will be helpful to you to manage clients with wholesale and direct billing. If you still need any technical assistance then feel free to contact us by dialing our toll-free+1-844-405-0904 and get instant help for your queries from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors.