Let’s Discuss the Reasons and Solution of QuickBooks Error 3140
Error 3140 in QuickBooks: What happens when Error 3140 arise
- When “Error 3140” appears, the active program’s windows start crashing.
- The PC/Laptop/Notebook crashes with Error 3140 when the same program running in that.
- An Error Message is displayed. “Quickbooks Error 3140”
- Windows function very weird and respond very slowly to your mouse or keyboard input. Like it displays keystroke or mouse click result with a little while.
- The system gets “freezes” for a few seconds at a time periodically.
These error messages with code 3140 can come during the program installation. While you are running Intuit QuickBooks Software program is running. The Error 3140 encounter at the time of Startup or shutdown of the Windows. Or while you are conducting the Windows Operating system. It is recommended to keep the track of when & how you are getting 3140 Error. Which will become a critical piece of information when you will be working to troubleshoot QuickBooks error.
While the several application running on your system. You may experience the crashes and stop. There may be different reasons for these issues. Like top startup sections, blunders of the registry, decrease of RAM and other related equipment. A division of documents, repetitive programs establishment, etc.
The Possible Cause of Occurring Error 3140
- First possible cause of the Error is the download of QuickBooks software gets corrupt. Or the installation of QuickBooks software gets incomplete.
- If you have made a change in QuickBooks or related software and possible corruption in Windows registry due that change.
- One of the major cause of QuickBooks Error 3140 is malware infection of the system. Which may result in corrupt the files of your Windows system or Program files related to QuickBooks.
- Some other program deleted QuickBooks-related files maliciously or mistakenly.
Error 3140 is a Runtime Error which can be occurred by several possible factors. So it is extremely important to check each of possibility and troubleshoot them and prevent it for future.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 3140
Now the big issue is how to troubleshoot your Error 3140 problems. We are giving the troubleshooting process but sometime it may be time-consuming. It highly recommended to perform these steps as it is and in the order given below:
- First of all, repair Registry Entries which are associated with Error 3140
- Then, Scan your computer completely. And check, Is your system malware infected?
- Then get clean your system’s unnecessary files primarily from Temporary Files and Folders and with Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Check all your Device’s driver and update them to their latest version.
- It is recommended that you must preserve the previous setting. For this purpose, you need to set your restore point in Windows system. And use it when you are required to undo the changes of the system.
- Check all the windows programs that are associated with QuickBooks. And also uninstall them and then reinstall.
- Then you need to run File Checker on Windows System (“sfc /scannow“).
- Check all the latest updates on Windows and update your system accordingly.
- At last, you need to make sure to conduct a clean Windows Installation
Most of the time, when a user encounters QuickBooks Error 3140. They get panicked and frustration due to a crash of the processor stop the running program. As it caused a lot of time to restart the system. And during this time, no operation on the machine would be possible. We recommend that you need to significantly improve the speed of your system. When you have encounters the issue specified and performed process.
After conducting these steps, you need to make recheck on the system and make sure all these steps performed successfully. If you still facing this QuickBooks error 3140. Or need any further information and help related to QuickBooks. You can contact us anytime anywhere at our toll-free QuickBooks help number +1-855-441-4417.