Do you want to fix QuickBooks error 3140 installation error? Here we are with an article to tell you the details of error 3140, read the article to get solutions to the issue. The article contains several methods to troubleshoot error 3140 along with the possible reasons behind this error, Go through the article and resolve the issue with easy steps. If you need any help or suggestion contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free:+1-844-405-0904
These error messages with code 3140 can come during the program installation. While you are running Intuit QuickBooks Software program is running. The Error 3140 encounter at the time of the Startup or shutdown of the Windows. Or while you are conducting the Windows Operating system. It is recommended to keep the track of when & how you are getting 3140 Error. Which will become a critical piece of information when you will be working to troubleshoot QuickBooks error. While several applications running on your system. You may experience crashes and stop. There may be different reasons for these issues. Like top startup sections, blunders of the registry, decrease of RAM, and other related equipment. A division of documents, repetitive programs establishment, etc.
Table of Contents
The Possible Cause of Occurring Error 3140
- First possible cause of the Error is the download of QuickBooks software gets corrupt. Or the installation of QuickBooks software gets incomplete.
- If you have made a change in QuickBooks or related software and possible corruption in Windows registry due that change.
- One of the major cause of QuickBooks Error 3140 is malware infection of the system. Which may result in corrupt the files of your Windows system or Program files related to QuickBooks.
- Some other program deleted QuickBooks-related files maliciously or mistakenly.
Error 3140 is a Runtime Error which can be occurred by several possible factors. So it is extremely important to check each of possibilities and troubleshoot them and prevent it for future.
Error 3140 in QuickBooks: What happens when Error 3140 occurs
- When “Error 3140” appears, the active program’s windows start crashing.
- The PC/Laptop/Notebook crashes with Error 3140 when the same program running in that.
- An Error Message is displayed. “Quickbooks Error 3140”
- Windows function very weird and respond very slowly to your mouse or keyboard input. Like it displays keystroke or mouse click result with a little while.
- The system gets “freezes” for a few seconds at a time periodically.
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 3140
We have researched enough about the error, now we get many techniques to deal with this error. Check out the below steps to troubleshoot this error.
Solution 1: Clean System Junk Files
Check out the below steps to run a Disk Cleanup. Disk cleanup is an in-built tool in every Windows computer.
- First, you need to go to the “Start” button.
- Next, on the search bar, insert “cmd” on the keyboard.
- Later, prees and hold “Ctrl + Shift” keys and next click on the “Enter” button.
- When you got a pop-up dialogue box on your screen, then you need to click on “Yes”.
- Now, on your screen black window will open, here you need to insert “Cleanmgr” and and then click on “Enter”key.
- When the processing is completed, a disk cleanup box will initiate with Check-boxes on your screen. Now, here you need to choose the Checkboxes you need to clean.
- Next, go with the “OK” option.
Solution 2: Install the Latest System Updates
In this method, you just need to follow several steps and easily fix the error. The steps cover the following, check out:
- First, you need to go to the “Start” button.
- Next, click on the search box, and insert “Update” and next hit on “Enter”.
- Now, after completing the above step, the windows dialogue box will display on the screen.
- Atlast, go to the “Install Updates”options, if any of the updates are available.
Solution 3: Updating System drivers
The user should update the system device drivers so that the user can easily get rid of QuickBooks error 3140. To update the drivers with the help of Windows Update, the user can complete the following steps:
- At the very first step, the user needs to click on the Settings option, and then click on the update and next go to the security option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the Windows update and then click on check for updates.
When you are completed with the above steps, then the device driver will download and install in the system by itself. If this solution doesn’t work for you then, proceed with the next step.
Solution 4: Creating a backup of the QuickBooks related registry entry
The steps cover in this process are as follows:
- At very first, you need to click on the “start tab” and then in the search bar, insert “command option”, and keep in mind not to click on enter key.
- Later, you need to press and hold the “Ctrl + shift” key, along with pressing “enter“.
- Next, you need to click on “yes” on the permission dialog box.
- Now, you will see, a black box with a blinking cursor will display on the screen.
- Now, here you need to type “Regedit”, and click on “Enter“.
- Next, go to the registry editor, the user have to choose the error related key, that is mainly need to be used in creating the backup.
- Once completed with that, the user require to select the “export option” that can be shown in the file menu.
- And next, the user will have to choose the folder to save the backup from the “save-in list“.
- Now, proceeding further, the user have to “name the backup file“.
- And also, make sure to check the selected “branch option” in the export range box.
- Later, click on the “save” option with .reg file extension.
- In the last and final step in the process is to keep a “backup of the registry entry“.
Most of the time, when a user encounters QuickBooks Error 3140. They get panicked and frustrated due to a crash of the processor stop the running program. As it caused a lot of time to restart the system. And during this time, no operation on the machine would be possible. We recommend that you need to significantly improve the speed of your system. When you have encounters the issue specified and performed process.
After conducting these steps, you need to make recheck on the system and make sure all these steps are performed successfully. If you still facing this QuickBooks error 3140. Or need any further information and help related to QuickBooks. You can contact us anytime anywhere at our toll-free QuickBooks support number +1-844-405-0904.