Eager to know converting payroll from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online? This article is surely for you, we are going to discuss the process involved in Converting Payroll from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online version. So, go through the article Find the details and learn the steps to convert payroll from QBD to QBO. If you need any suggestions or help contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: [QuickBooks]
Table of Contents
Benefits of QuickBooks Online Payroll
QB online payroll is gaining furthermore popularity these days. It has several unique benefits of its own:
- Having complete accessibility with login as well as password
- You can also have access to the software at any time and from anywhere. It is also compatible with most devices.
- It also has a synchronization function with other programs and applications.
- The company file can also be updated in real-time.
Points to remember before converting payroll to QuickBooks Online
- Firstly, you have to log in as an admin o the company file that you need to import.
- Follow the steps provided by QuickBooks to convert the company file to QuickBooks Online.
- Make sure that you are not using an older version of QuickBooks that has been discontinued by Intuit.
- While converting data users are not aware that which data should be transferred and which data can be left so, in this case, they can get the help of the QuickBooks payroll help desk.
By keeping these points in mind, you can ensure a smooth and successful conversion of your payroll data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Set up your desktop or QuickBooks Online Payroll account
Furthermore, you will need the below-mentioned details to set up your desktop or QuickBooks Online Payroll account. In addition, you’ll also find the details from your previous Payroll provider, from an accountant, or from federal and state agencies.
Company Bank account: For either electronic tax payments or active direct deposit.
Compensation and Benefits
Employee benefits types- Like hourly wages, bonuses, salaries, commissions, and tips.
- Employee compensation types- For eg. health and dental insurance, retirement plan, sick leave, or Flexible Spending Account(FSA).
- Other additions and deductions- For eg. cash advances, mileage and travel reimbursements, and employee wage garnishments.
For each employee complete Form W-4
(Note: If this selection isn’t offered then enter “single” and “0” allowances, you’ll be able to modify this later.)
- Pay Rate- Hourly, Salary, commission, etc.
- Deductions from Paychecks- Contributions of an employee to health insurance, retirement plans, or child support also.
- Pay schedule- Weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly.
- Sick or Vacation hours policy and balance
- Hire and termination dates.
Employee’s bank account and routing numbers for direct deposits to their accounts. ( May Be an additional fee required, it depend on your product).
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and state agency ID numbers- You will need to contact state agencies or IRS to file and pay taxes.
- Filing requirement and deposit schedule for payroll taxes
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) enrollment- It is necessary to submit federal tax deposit payments electronically.
- Other tax details- for eg. state assessment, surcharge, Admin, or training tax rates.
Regarding this present quarter Payroll info from every payroll check.
- For each previous quarter of the current year- The total company payroll detail
- For each employee year to date totals- Synopsis by the employee
- For the present quarter- Copies of all payroll liability checks
- For every previous quarter of this year
Steps to Converting Payroll from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic
- Activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Set up Wizard by starting Payroll.
- Follow the Payroll Setup Wizard.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Help
Activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll by contacting the QuickBooks Payroll Support team.
- Start Payroll Setup Wizard.
- Now Follow the Payroll Setup Wizard.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Sign Up through Intuit website
- Do Setup Process
→ Select Employees
→ Click on Get Set Up to start the setup process.
→ Enter company and Employee information and learn the setup process.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service
- Sign up
- Next, the Setup Process
→ Select Employees
→ Click Get Started with Payroll to start the setup process.
→ Enter Company, employee, and tax information.
Note: You will also able to see a run payroll button after completion, in addition, contact the QuickBooks Support team if that button is not available.
Intuit Online Payroll
- Sign up Contact QuickBooks Customer
- Within 2- 3 days a payroll setup expert will also contact you to complete the setup process.
For further assistance, you can get QuickBooks Desktop Payroll support and Online Payroll support through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.