Hey there, today we are going to discuss the process involved in Converting Payroll from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online version. Meanwhile, you need any additional support for QuickBooks, our customer support team is always available to assist you.
Related Article: How do I switch from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online?
QB online payroll is gaining furthermore popularity these days. It has several unique benefits of its own like:
- Having complete accessibility with login as well as password
- You can also have access to the software at any time and from anywhere. It is also compatible with most of the devices.
- It also has a synchronization function with other programs and applications.
- The company file can also be updated in real-time.
Furthermore, you will need the below-mentioned details to set up your desktop or QuickBooks Online Payroll account. In addition, you’ll also find the details from your previous Payroll provider, from an accountant or from federal and state agencies.
Company Bank account: For either electronic tax payments or activate direct deposit.
Compensation and Benefits
Employee benefits types- Like hourly wages, bonuses, salaries, commissions, and tips.
Similar Article: Convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks online
- Employee compensation types- For eg. health and dental insurance, retirement plan, sick leave or Flexible Spending Account(FSA).
- Other additions and deductions- For eg. cash advances, mileage and travel reimbursements, employee wage garnishments.
For each employee complete Form W-4
(Note: If this selection isn’t offered then enter “single” and “0” allowances, you’ll be able to modify this later.)
- Pay Rate- Hourly, Salary, commission, etc.
- Deductions from Paychecks- Contributions of an employee to health insurance, retirement plans or child support also.
- Pay schedule- Weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly.
- Sick or Vacation hours policy and balance
- Hire and termination dates.
Employee’s bank account and routing numbers for direct deposits to their accounts. ( May Be additional fee required, its depend on your product).
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and state agency ID numbers- You will need to contact state agencies or IRS to file and pay taxes.
- Filing requirement and deposit schedule for payroll taxes
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) enrollment- It is necessary to submit federal tax deposit payments electronically.
- Other tax details- for eg. state assessment, surcharge, Admin or Traning tax rates.
Regarding this present quarter- Payroll info from every payroll check.
- For each previous quarter of the current year- Total company payroll detail
- For each employee year to date totals- Synopsis by the employee
- For the present quarter- Copies of all payroll liability checks
- For every previous quarter of this year
Steps to Converting Payroll from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic
- Activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Setup Wizard by starting Payroll.
- Follow the Payroll Setup Wizard.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Help
Activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll by contacting the QuickBooks Payroll Support team.
- Start Payroll Setup Wizard.
- Now Follow the Payroll Setup Wizard.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Sign Up through intuit website
- Do Setup Process
→ Select Employees
→ Click on Get set up to start the setup process.
→ Enter in company and Employee information and learn setup process.
QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service
- Sign up
- Next, Setup Process
→ Select Employees
→ Click Get started with Payroll to start the setup process.
→ Enter in Company, employee and tax information.
Note: You will also able to see a run payroll button after complete, in addition, contact the QuickBooks Support team if that button is not available.
Intuit Online Payroll
- Sign up- Contact QuickBooks Customer
- Within 2- 3 days a payroll setup expert will also contact you to complete the setup process.
For further assistance you can also QuickBooks Online Support Phone Number +1-855-441-4417. Ask your QuickBooks issues to our customer executive and get satisfactory answers or solutions.