Cancellation of QuickBooks payroll Subscription means you intend to close your business, then it’s better to go with the proper way. All the processes and facts related to canceling QuickBooks payroll subscriptions are described with ease in this article. This article covers detailed information about how to cancel a QB payroll subscription. You will be able to cancel your QB payroll subscription after going through the article, but still you face trouble then contact us our QuickBooks ProAdvisor will help to resolve it +1-818-295-3510.
When a QuickBooks user decides to cancel a QuickBooks payroll subscription, it means that the user is decided to close his/her business, and has no need to pay any longer to employees. It is good to go with the rules to close any business, but we are very sorry because you are leaving QuickBooks. Today, in this article, we are going to discuss that, how to cancel a QuickBooks payroll subscription, what should be kept in mind before canceling it.
How to Cancel QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
QuickBooks payroll subscription can be canceled in two simple steps. Here we have simplified the two steps clearly. Now follow the total process to cancel the service.
Step 1: Ready the Final Payroll Tasks
Make sure that you have ready your final payroll tasks before canceling any QuickBooks payroll service. Check the below list to ensure that.
- Complete the final payroll process
- And print the important payroll reports
- Pay for outstanding tax deposits
- File any quarterly forms or any outstanding annual report
After verifying all these, you can proceed with the cancelation of the QuickBooks payroll subscription.
Step 2: Now Cancel the QuickBooks Payroll Service
Here we have given different procedures for different product services. Choose your payroll service type, and follow the procedure to cancel it.
Cancel QuickBooks Online Payroll Subscription
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab, and choose the ‘Account and Settings’ option.
- Now, from the ‘Billing & Subscription’ tab, go to the ‘Payroll’ section.
- And select the ‘Cancel’ option.
- Don’t forget to fill out the cancellation form, without this cancellation process can’t be complete.
Points to know before canceling the QuickBooks Online payroll subscription:
- Sometimes the users are not able to find the tab of ‘Billing & Subscription’, this situation occurs when the user isn’t signed in to QuickBooks as the admin.
- You can also find the same situation if QuickBooks Online is purchased from any third-party service or from the accountant. You can contact them to cancel the QuickBooks payroll subscription.
- If QuickBooks pays and files payroll tax then, leave the bank account blank until QuickBooks debit, and pay the tax liabilities.
- All of the liabilities will be paid during the cancellation process. You will be notified by QuickBooks through an e-mail within 3 days.
Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted Service
To cancel the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted service then the process will be going through the below steps.
- You need to complete the online certification form.
- Then you will receive a confirmation mail from QuickBooks within 3 days.
- QuickBooks will review your cancelation request, and after the complete review process, it will send you another email for the complete cancelation.
Cancel QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Service (Enhanced, Standard, or Basic)
For the enhanced, standard, and basic services we have two ways for you to cancel the subscription. Let’s know, what are the two ways to cancel the payroll subscription.
Way 1: Cancel Subscription through Company File
You can directly cancel your payroll subscription through this QuickBooks Desktop company file. For an easy, and time-saving cancelation process, you should follow this procedure. But in this process, you need access to the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Go to the ‘Employees’ menu, and select the ‘My Payroll Service’ option, and then the ‘Account/Billing Info’.
- And access to the account portal page, by login to the Intuit account.
- Click the ‘Cancel Service’ option, and follow the prompted steps to cancel the payroll service.
Way 2: Cancel Subscription through Intuit Account
Follow the procedure to cancel the subscription through the Intuit account.
- Sign in to your Intuit account through your Intuit login credential.
- Select the ‘Details’ option from the ‘Products & Services’ tab to see the payroll subscription status.
- At last, select the ‘Cancel Service’ option, and follow the on-screen given instructions to cancel the payroll service.
Cancel Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced Service
- Go to the ‘Setup’ tab.
- And select the ‘Cancel Services’ option from the ‘Billing and Service’ tab.
- You will be prompted to answer the short survey.
- Give the survey answer, and select the ‘Cancel Service’ option.
- After tht, an email will be sent to you from QuickBooks to confirm cancelation.
Cancel Intuit Online payroll Full Service
If you have the Intuit online payroll full service, then you can follow the below procedure to cancel the subscription.
- First of all, visit the ‘Accounting Settings’ tab.
- Then search for the ‘Cancel’ link below the payroll tracking section.
- Just click on it, and fill out the online cancelation form.
- The process is completed now.
So this was the article, all about the cancelation process of QuickBooks payroll subscription or service. Here we have given cancelation processes for all the QuickBooks payroll service, hope you like it, and satisfied with the cancel process. Still, if you have any doubts regarding this article then you get help from a QuickBooks expert for good guidance.