The basic integration error in QuickBooks is unable to access Gmail. When Google updates Gmail’s security, the user is automatically logged out. And during that time most users face some issues like QuickBooks Gmail not working. So in this article, we have given the complete solution to troubleshoot the issue in QuickBooks, and also have discussed the reasons behind the issue. In the meantime, you can take the help of experts by dropping a call to this toll-free number +1-844-405-0904.
WebMail, Outlook, and QuickBooks email are all options for email integration in QuickBooks. If you prefer to use Gmail, you must choose WebMail. When attempting to sign in to a Google account, the user may receive the message sign-in attempt prevented,’ with an email stating that the app does not meet modern security standards. This type of message is concerning because your email’s security may be in danger. Here are the reasons why Gmail isn’t working.
Why Gmail Not Working in QuickBooks
There are a lot of reasons for not working with Gmail in QuickBooks. You can check the following points to know why Gmail not working in QuickBooks.
- An incorrect user ID or password was entered.
- There may be a syncing problem between Gmail and QuickBooks in the system.
- The MAP123.dll file has been damaged.
Methods to Solve Gmail Issues in QuickBooks
The first and foremost steps you need to do to fix your Gmail issue are:
Solution 1: Verify the Gmail Connection with QuickBooks
- Open your Google account and log in.
- After that, go to My Account and click on Connected Apps and Sites.
- Other Intuit QuickBooks apps can be found in the section titled “Apps connected to your account.”
- Ignore this because you’ll need QuickBooks Online to connect the software to your Gmail account.
- Look for ‘Allow less secure apps’ and turn it on by clicking the button.
- Go back to Gmail again and try sending using Gmail.
You can also use Gmail with QuickBooks if you set it up after turning off the two-step verification feature, which improves Gmail’s security. This problem can also be resolved by allowing a new device or app to access Gmail.
Solution 2: Turn Off the 2-Step Verification in Gmail
2 step verification is a safe way to use QuickBooks, but it can cause problems when you link Gmail to other programs. As a result, it’s critical to turn off Gmail’s two-step verification process. Follow the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to your Google account.
- Select 2-step verification from the security menu.
- Fill in your account’s authentication information.
- Toggle the switch off.
- By clicking Turn Off, you confirm that you want to disable it.
You won’t need the extra codes you used to sign in to Gmail with other software anymore. Users who have created passwords to allow access to Gmail through an application must first remove the app password.
Solution 3: Remove the App Password
You can now try removing the app password.
- From your Google account, go to the security section.
- Sign in to Google from the drop-down menu.
- Enter authentication information by clicking on App Passwords.
- Remove each application for which you created a password by clicking the Remove button next to it.
Solution 4: Turn On Access for Less Secure Apps
In some cases, you will have to turn on access for less secure apps before linking Gmail with QuickBooks. To turn on access for less secure apps you can go to your Google Account > Help Center > Turn on Access for Less Secure Apps.
Solution 5: Disable Enhanced Security System
The enhanced security features enable you to send emails via Gmail without authorization each time. If you encounter errors while using Gmail, you can try disabling enhanced security by following the steps provided below.
- Go to the edit menu and select the ‘Preferences’ option.
- Click on the ‘Send Forms’ option.
- Select ‘WebMail’, and then ‘Add‘.
- Enter your mail address.
- Uncheck the option to ‘Use Enhanced Security‘, and then click ‘OK‘.
- Sign in to your ‘Intuit’ account, and then to Your Gmail Account.
Solution 6: Re-Set Up the Gmail Account in QuickBooks
Also, you can avoid QuickBooks Gmail not working problem by setting up email right with QuickBooks first. Follow the steps below.
- Select Edit from the main menu and choose ‘Preferences’.
- Go to the left side of the Menu and select ‘Send Forms’ and then ‘My Preferences’.
- Select and click on WebMail, then click on Add button.
- Enter the Gmail id when the dialogue box popped up, and select Gmail besides the box ‘Email Provider’.
- QuickBooks will fill in STMP Server details automatically.
- Then click OK, to add your Gmail address to the Email ID list.
- Click on OK, on the Preference window, and you are all set to work with Gmail from QuickBooks.
Hopefully, now you can access your Gmail in QuickBooks by sorting out the Gmail issue in QuickBooks. Further, if you need any kind of help regarding this issue then you can contact our QuickBooks experts through the toll-free number +1-844-405-0904 to solve your issues.