Here we will discuss the steps to enter, attach, and track expense capture and manage receipt and bills in QuickBooks that you capture with your phone or email. After selecting the banking or transaction menu, look for the receipt option. This is the place where you can manage and reconcile your expense receipts and bills under one spot. Go through the article to learn the complete process to manage in several methods, but if you have still an issue contact our QuickBook ProAdvisor toll-free : +1-818-295-3510
Important: Always keep in mind, QuickBooks always supports PDF and images with jpeg, jpg, gif, or png extension or formats. If you are using a new iPhone or iPad, you may have HEIC extension images. To learn how to convert existing images to a compatible format, go for Apple’s documentation on HEIC images.
Steps to Manage Receipt and Bills In QuickBooks
Check out the below steps to manage receipts and bills in QuickBooks under the Receipt tab.
Step 1: Add receipts and bills into QuickBooks
Note: This facility is not designated for the transmission or storage of delicate information, like full credit card numbers, government identifiers, or health information.
How to use a web browser to add receipts and bills
- Open any of your web browser in your computer and log in to QuickBooks Online.
- Choose Banking or Transactions from the left menu.
- Now, Go to the Receipts option.
- Later, it gives you the option to upload your receipt, you have a choice here, drag and drop your receipt bill file, or whether a click on browse to upload them directly into QuickBooks Online. Note: Only one single or receipt can upload at a time.
What are the other ways to get receipts and bills into QuickBooks
You do not always need to upload receipts and bills from your computer. Check out here the two different ways to get everything in QuickBooks without manually entering them.
Use a mobile device to add receipts and bills
As your QuickBooks apps are very useful to access data, here QuickBooks Online mobile app for iOS and Android also help you to scan and upload receipts and bills from your phone. Below are the steps on how to use the app.
- First, you have to download the QuickBooks Online app.
- After installing, go to the app and click on the Menu ≡.
- Now click on the Receipt snap.
- Later, choose the Receipt Camera and take a photo of your receipt.
- Click on Use this photo and Done.
You can see the receipts that you reviewed earlier and which are waiting for review in the mobile app. If you want to add receipts to your books, you just have to sign in to QuickBooks in a web browser. Receipts appear on the Receipts tab along with any other receipts that you have added.
Use an email to add receipts and bills
The other and very simple option is to send an email to Intuit along with your receipts or bills. Intuit will help you to create a transaction based on your given info.
Step 2: Review, edit, or match receipts and bills
After adding the receipts and bills to your QuickBooks, it will redirect you to the Review tab here, you can review, edit, and match transactions.
- Click on the Banking or Transactions from the left menu.
- Now, look for the Receipts option.
- From here, you can select the row to have a side-by-side view of the receipt you sent and the data we extracted. You can also select
- Here, you can choose the side-by-side view of the sent receipt and the data extracted. You can also choose
- Review the extracted information for a receipt to edit. If in case you have multiple matches then select the review that will enable you to pick the match you require.
- Add to create a new expense with the receipt attached in QuickBooks.
- Match if you want to match the receipt with the previous records in QuickBooks, . Note: If both an imported banking transaction and receipt are in the For Review, QuickBooks will not recommend a match, unless you select an add for one of them.
Important Points: If you turned on sales tax in your company file, you can:
- Choose tax type and rate to automatically calculate the tax amount from the dropdown.
- For several rates or non-taxable items, edit the value in the Tax Amount field.
- Edit the total amount of tax deducted to modify the value of the tax calculated for the group rate. It is applied proportionately to the corresponding code in the group.
Hope, after reading this article, you will understand steps to enter, attach, and track expense capture and manage receipt and bills in QuickBooks. If you have any queries or issues, dial our toll-free, and get connect with our Intuit Certified ProAdvisor and resolve all your issues. We are 24*7 available in the assistance of our customers.