QuickBooks has some features that are not supported by Xero so the companies transfer data from Xero to QuickBooks or migrate from Xero to QuickBooks. In this article, we will know about the QuickBooks Xero integration procedure and will know the advantages behind the integration. You can call this toll-free number +1-818-295-3510 for further assistance.
QuickBooks manages all business accounting workflow, while Xero works as a leading software for small-sized companies which provides analytics for the company’s finances by supporting instant currency conversions. Both software has their own features, when we migrate the software together, we found a lot of benefits that help us to work smartly. Let us check, how to do it, and what are the advantages of integrating both apps.
How to Integrate Xero to QuickBooks
Here are the steps listed to transfer data from Xero to QuickBooks. Let’s see how to connect Xero to QuickBooks.
Step 1: Exporting Data From Xero to CSV File
Go through the procedure given below for exporting data from Xero to CSV file.
- Login to your Xero account.
- In the navigation bar, go to the Accounting section and select the Advanced option.
- Under the Advanced Setting option, click on Chart of Accounts.
- Charts of Accounts data of your company will open.
- Click on the Export button to export Xero data into CSV file format.
- This will download the CSV file having Chart of Accounts data to your local system.
Step 2: Formatting the CSV File
Here is the procedure for formatting CSV files:
- Open the Chart of Account data in any spreadsheet software.
- Make sure you have columns with names listed below:
- Account Name
- Detail Type
- Add Account Number.
- And then a column named “Account Name” if your data has sub-accounts.
- Click on Save.
Step 3: Uploading CSV File to QuickBooks
Go to the next step for uploading the CSV file to QuickBooks. Here is the procedure:
- Login to your QuickBooks account.
- Go to the Setting option and select the Import Data option.
- Select the data you want to import, that is the Chart of Accounts option.
- Click on the Browse button and select the Open option.
- Upload of the CSV file will prompt. Now locate the file where you saved it in your local system, after formatting and then upload it.
- Click Next.
Step 4: Mapping the Data with QuickBooks
This is the final step for transferring data from Xero to QuickBooks.
- Go to Your Field column and click on the small down arrow.
- Match the column names of data to the QuickBooks format for the fields listed below:
- Detail Type
- Account Name
- Account number
- Click on Next after mapping the data.
- Fix the red highlighted fields and click on the Import button.
Benefits of Connecting Data From Xero to QuickBooks
There are many benefits of transferring data from Xero to QuickBooks, some of them are listed below.
- Companies stay compliant with the tax office by migrating data from Xero to QuickBooks. Xero offers its service online which means unsubscribing to it without migrating data can cause data loss.
- QuickBooks manages accounting and finances for any type of business by serving a wide of products. By transferring data from Xero to QuickBooks, it becomes easy for the company to handle the toughest accounting challenge of small, medium, and enterprise-level businesses.
- You get a holistic view of data with better Reporting and Analytics tools by transferring data from Xero to QuickBooks.
In the above article, you learned the steps to transfer Chart of Accounts data from Xero to QuickBooks. You also read about how transferring data from Xero to QuickBooks helps companies get all their financial data in one place for analysis. In case if you need further assistance, directly call our certified Proadvisor for their guidance at the toll-free number +1-818-295-3510.