While using QuickBooks accounting software, it is very common that you get stuck at some points due to technical errors that may interrupt your work. Some of the errors belong to the company files while others belong to the categories. So, in this case, QuickBooks defines all the errors according to the specific category and assigns the code to every error helping users identify the errors easily. Here we’ll discuss the Quickbooks Error 15240 which is under the category of the QuickBooks 15000 series that occurs due to failing to verify the digital signature of files. So if you want to know all the details of a particular error Quickbooks error code 15240 is simply a payroll update error that occur while updating but couldn’t update due to some reasons.
So, professionals need to eliminate such types of errors to stay away from any interruption. Because it may not only interrupt the process but also be annoying. So, here we will help you to overcome this error by giving the details and method to fix this particular error. Stay with this page till last to get rid of and if you want to call our support helpline number then call us on +1-844-405-0904 to know the solution to your queries by the experts.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks error code 15240?
Basically, you may face QuickBooks error code 15240 frequently while downloading updates of the software or downloading payroll or QuickBooks Desktop updates. Due to this error, there is a possibility of wages missing. This error typically occurs when there is a problem with the configuration of your QuickBooks software, firewall settings, system date and time settings, issues with your internet connection, or problems with the settings related to payroll updates. So, If you want to get rid of this error then get to know some common causes first and then steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 15240:
What are the causes of QuickBooks error code 15240?
Here are some causes for the error code 15240 that put you into trouble.
- If there is any Internet connection issue then QuickBooks can’t update and download files correctly.
- If you are running the program but not logged in as an admin.
- If you are using the outdated and old QuickBooks.
- Firewall and security software block QuickBooks from accessing the necessary updates from the servers.
- Registry files are also the main cause of Error code 15240 if it is corrupted or damaged.
- The payroll subscription is not active and you are trying to update the payroll.
- QuickBooks requires a secure internet connection. Check that your Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) settings are configured correctly.
- Certain third-party applications or add-ons integrated with QuickBooks may interrupt or interfere with the update process. So, remember to disable or uninstall any third-party software that may be causing conflicts.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 15240
There are some symptoms or signs that you can easily know that it is error 15240.
- If you are trying to update and install the Current version of QuickBooks then it restricts to do this.
- If your Windows is running slowly and the system crashes frequently.
- The payroll update failed frequently.
- The users can’t do payroll in QuickBooks.
Methods & Steps to Fix Error Code 15240 in QuickBooks
Here we will discuss some techniques and methods that can help to fix the error 15240. Check that one by one.
Solution 1. Add Windows permission to QuickBooks installation folders.
There is a possibility that you face the issue due to insufficient permission, so in this case, you have to follow the given steps.
- Close all the windows as well as QuickBooks.
- Then go to the drive C:\Program Files\.
- Now you have to Right-click on the Intuit folder and select the properties option.
- After doing the above steps you need to go to the security tab and pick the advanced option.
- Make sure that the owner of the folder is the user groups if not then you have to take ownership of the Intuit folder by the given steps.
- You have to go to the Advanced security setting and click on the change button.
- Now, in the object name, you have to add users to select the field and choose the check name.
- Then, you have to press OK.
- After that, you have to replace the owner on sub-containers and objects by marking.
- Now the next step is to tap on the apply and then click on OK.
- Then on the permission windows, you have to choose the users and also select the full control option.
- Now tap on the apply tab and press OK.
- If the error still continues then follow the given steps.
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86) \Common Files\IntuitC:\ProgramData\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Solution 2. Review the System Time and Date Settings
If your system configures the wrong date and time then it may lead to certain errors in QuickBooks. So, review the system time and date, and if found incorrect then do the following procedures.
- Firstly, you have to select the time display on the system.
- Then you have to select the change date and time settings.
- Set the correct date and time.
- Click on Apply and then press OK
- This procedure will help to fix the date and time and expectantly remove the error as well.
Solution 3. Run your QuickBooks as Admin Rights
Many times you need to access QuickBooks with admin credentials, if not then it may witness the error. So, in this case, you need to follow the given steps.
- Firstly you have to open the QuickBooks icon by clicking it.
- Then the next step is to choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Now you have to open the properties and then check the compatibility for all the users.
Solution 4. Configure the Settings of Internet Explorer
If QuickBooks does not run smoothly then the Internet Explorer setting can also be the reason for the error 15240. So, you need to require to fix this by following these steps.
- Firstly you need to choose the setting or you can say the gear icon and choose the internet options.
- Then go to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Security tab, you need to check Use SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0.
- Now the last step is to click on the apply button and then press OK.
Solution 5. Inspecting whether the Third-party firewall is configured or not
Sometimes firewalls also prevent the smooth working of the QuickBooks software. So you have to configure your firewall. To escape this issue, you have to carefully follow the steps given:
- Consulting the particular developer of the third-party firewall on the process of changing the settings and allowing QuickBooks to download the updates and install them.
- The second step is to make sure that the mentioned files have access to go via the firewall.
Solution 6. Clean Installation
Over consistent use, there have been collected many junks that can be cleaned by using the clean installation. So be sure about the company file backup to prevent any type of data loss.
- Firstly you need to uninstall the QuickBooks desktop on the computer.
- Now you have to rename the installation folder by downloading and running the QuickBooks Clean Install tool.
- Now the last step is to Install again QuickBooks software and then check if is it error-free.
7. Verifying whether security software settings are set properly or not
Most of the time, the security software along with anti-malware software together interrupt or hinder the working of QuickBooks which leads to errors. So you have to configure the settings of the software and make the process smooth in QuickBooks.
Q. What is the error message displayed on the screen for the error code 15240?
A. If you are in trouble due to QuickBooks Error code 15240 then you may get the 2 types of display message.
QuickBooks Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX The payroll update fails to complete successfully.
QuickBooks Error 15240: HRESULT XXXXX The QuickBooks update fails to complete.
Q. Which Version of Microsoft Windows Experiences QB Error 15240 Most Regularly?
A. Here is the list:
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 2000
Q. What is the QuickBooks 15xxx series related to?
A. All the 15xxx series related to the update process in QuickBooks comprises different errors. There are different causes for these errors. Like Malware issues, damaged Windows registry, Unable to verify the Digital signature of files, corrupted Windows files, and the list goes on.