As you all know QuickBooks is one of the most preferred accounting software that is commonly used by medium and small businesses. It is easy to use for the business owner who needs accounting knowledge. It helps business owners in many ways including generating reports, creating and sending invoices to customers, paying bills, tracking employee time and expenses, preparing taxes, and managing payroll. But with all these additional features QuickBooks needs some inventory management tools like tracking inventory barcode scanning etc. So you need to integrate Fishbowl with QuickBooks. That helps you to manage inventory easily which is more productive for your organization. Fishbowl QuickBooks integration helps to fulfill all the QuickBooks services that are lacking and unable to meet needs of the most company’s inventory management. Your data management becomes smooth and error-free when you link Fishbowl with QuickBooks and it is seamlessly integrated with the desktop version of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online as well. So here, if you need to know about the important information about Fishbowl QuickBooks integration then stay with this article till last to get the details.
Table of Contents
What is Fishbowl?
Fishbowl is a popular software designed for inventory management which is mostly used in Small and Medium businesses and can integrate easily with QuickBooks. It offers various features to help businesses manage their inventory, orders, distributing processes, assets management, and barcoding. Fishbowl integration refers to the ability of Fishbowl software to connect and communicate with not only QuickBooks but other software applications, and platforms too.
Integration in the context of Fishbowl typically involves linking Fishbowl with other business software, such as accounting systems, e-commerce platforms, shipping and fulfillment solutions, customer relationship management (CRM) software, and more. This integration allows for seamless data sharing and synchronization between Fishbowl and these other applications, streamlining business operations and improving overall productivity. It allows users to update records instantly especially if you are integrating Fishbowl with QuickBooks online.
Features of Fishbowl Online Integration
Here are some key benefits of the Fishbowl Quickbooks Integration:
Data Synchronization: Fishbowl integration ensures that all the data is up-to-date across all the connected systems. This includes product information, inventory levels, orders, customer details, sales orders, stock records, packing, shipping, picking, and many more.
Inventory Management: Fishbowl helps you to manage all the inventory items either having a single warehouse or multiple warehouses. It tracks all the records of the stocks in and stocks out and helps anticipate the future requirements of the inventory.
Order Management: Integration allows for real-time order processing and updates that enhance order accuracy by creating in-depth reports that help to improve the efficiency of warehouse management. Especially if you use Fishbowl Quickbooks online integration, all inventory adjustments, cost of goods sold, and returns are instantly updated to QuickBooks online.
Compatible with Third-Party Tools: Fishbowl can integrate with a wide range of third-party tools that allow businesses to choose the best solutions for their specific needs and create a tailored software ecosystem.
Advantage of Fishbowl Integrating with QuickBooks
- By integrating Fishbowl with QuickBooks, the organization has opened the gate for automating its process to ease inventory management by reducing manual data entry and minimizing errors.
- After fishbowl integration with QuickBooks, you have a comprehensive view of the business operations by consolidating data that helps in better decision-making and execution with accurate information.
- Fishbowl integration with QuickBooks improves CRM (customer relationship management) systems enabling businesses to provide a better customer experience by having access to complete and accurate information of the customers.
- Integration with QuickBooks accounting software ensures that financial data is recorded accurately facilitating accurate reports about the financial management.
Steps to Integrate Fishbowl and QuickBooks
- Firstly, should have QuickBooks and Fishbowl on your computer if not then install it on your system first.
- Then you have to open the Accounting integration module.
- The next step is to click on the configure tab.
- After that, click on the Quickbooks online connection button.
- Now you have to tap on the connect button in the wizard that opens the browser window.
- Now the next step is to log in the QuickBooks online and then click on the connect.
- After doing the above steps you have the option to connect that QuickBooks account that you want to integrate with Fishbowl or you have the other option to connect with Fishbowl by creating a new one.
- Now the final step after finishing the integration is to click on the finish button.
Steps to Import Data from QuickBooks Online to Fishbowl
For importing data from QuickBooks Online to Fishbowl you have to choose what type of information you want to import and then go to the general tab of the accounting integration module and click on the import button.
- Comma-separated values files and Fishbowl’s import wizard can be used to import inventory.
- In the inventory module, it allows you to add inventory. To add new inventory, adjust the inventory quantity of existing goods, or scrap existing inventory, use the add inventory button.
Steps to export Data from Fishbowl to QuickBooks online
So want to export the data from Fishbowl to QuickBooks online, from the Accounting integration module’s general tab you have to click on the Export button. Then you have three options:
- Standard export: Export any data that has been completed.
- Re-post: You have the option to repost entries in the given data range but keep remembering it will create duplicate entries so use it with caution.
- Mark as posted: If you already exported the transaction then you can marked as posted and not exported to QuickBooks.
Then the next you can see the box that will show you the menu of the items that are being exported to Quickbooks. It takes several minutes depending on how many items are being exported. After completion of the export, the status column is shown as done.
Q. Does Fishbowl have accounting software?
A. Fishbowl is itself an inventory management software that integrates with different accounting software. It integrates with QuickBooks and Xero. You have to follow the procedure to integrate with different accounting software.
Q. Which version of the QuickBooks is supported by the Fishbowl?
A. QuickBooks desktop and Quickbooks online are supported by the Fishbowl but QuickBooks online is the better choice for integration with the Fishbowl that helps to get you an instant update. You can use any version of the QuickBooks online either QuickBooks Online Plus or Advance.
Q. Is Fishbowl or QuickBooks Online used to track my inventory when they are integrated?
A. After Fishbowl Quickbooks online integration, Fishbowl keeps records and track of inventory. After the order is created, the item number and the amount are exported to the accounting system, and journal entries are created.
Q. Should I take advantage of QuickBooks Online’s Automated Sales Tax feature?
A. If you integrated QuickBooks Online with Fishbowl then you cannot use Automated sale tax features in Quickbooks Online because it is not compatible with Fishbowl.