Error 1321: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file
- Last Updated on: January 19th, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks Error 1321 occurs when the installer is unable to write a file due to permissions issue or system error. To resolve this error, update the privileges on the parent folder of the file or source listed in the error message.
Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
Note: The file path specified in the error message may vary depending on your installation.
Read More: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175.
Fix Error 1321: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file
- Click Retry to allow the update to complete.
- If that doesn’t work, click Cancel on the error message, then go to option.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus or software security.
- Clean re-install your software
Update the user Insufficient privileges to files
The information dialogue box will display the error generated during the installation process. In the following example, AcrobatConnect.cfg generated the error message.
Error 1321.The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
Set the privileges for the folder mentioned in the error message, example:
Windows XP Professional:
Before you start, See hidden files in the operating system and that simple file sharing is disabled.See Display hidden files and folders, simple file sharing on the Microsoft support website.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the parent folder listed in the 1321 error message in your log file.
- For example,in the path c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg the parent folder is FlashPlayerTrust. The parent folder in your error message could be different.
- Right-click the parent folder and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Security tab.
- In Group Or User Names, select Administrators.
Windows XP Home:
- Shut down the computer, wait 5 seconds, and then turn the computer back on.
- As soon as the Windows logo appears, press the F8 key. Using the arrows keys, select Safe Mode With Networking and press Enter.
- Follow the instructions in Update user privileges in Windows XP Professional. Restart the computer before reinstalling your software.
- In Group or User Names, select System. Then, in Permissions For System, make sure that Full Control is set to Allow.
- Still, in the Security tab, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window, make sure you’re on the Permissions tab.
- Select Replace Permission Entries On All Child Objects With Entries Shown Here That Apply To Child Objects and click OK
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Turn simple file sharing back on and then reinstall your Adobe product.
Causes of Error 1321 The Installer has insufficient privileges
- The file update process may be faster than the file copy process.
- The antivirus or firewall software is conflicting with or blocking the installation of the update.
- The Windows permissions for the folder containing the file are set to “restrict access“.
Error 1321 Enterprise Solution:
- Delete the following folders C:\Program Files\Symantec C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
- Reboot the machine and try to install the Symantec Endpoint Protection client.
- Installation should be successful without any errors.