Looking to resolve error 1321 the installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file? Your search ends now, in this article you will get all stuff to fix the error 1321. QuickBooks Error 1321 occurs when the installer is unable to write a file due to a permissions issue or system error. To resolve this error, update the privileges on the parent folder of the file or source listed in the error message. Go through the article and understand to resolve this issue and the causes responsible for its occurrence. For more info contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free :+1-844-405-0904
When installing or updating QuickBooks, you can encounter this error 1321, followed by one of these messages:
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
Note: The file path specified in the error message may vary depending on your installation.
Table of Contents
Causes of Error 1321 The Installer has insufficient privileges
- The file update process may be faster than the file copy process.
- The antivirus or firewall software is conflicting with or blocking the installation of the update.
- The Windows permissions for the folder containing the file are set to “restrict access“.
Several methods to fix QuickBooks Error 1321: The installer has Insufficient Privileges
Method 1: Retry the update process
- Click on the “Retry” button to allow the update to complete.
- If the updation of QuickBooks does not work for you, then click on the “Cancel” symbol that displays on the error message.
- Now, look for the “Option” tab.
- Later, you need to disable the system security software or antivirus temporarily.
- Next, perform the clean re-installation of the QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Update all the User Insufficient Privileges to Files
The information dialog box will show error codes and messages generated during the QuickBooks installation process.
Check the below-listed error messages. Here, AcrobatConnect.cfg file is responsible for the error message.
- QB Error 1321.The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- You need to put the privileges for the folder given in the error message, for eg: \Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg
Steps for Windows XP Professional:
When you started, you need to view the concealed files/folders placed in the operating system which easily disables the file-sharing. View the appearing hidden files & folders, simple file sharing on the Microsoft support website.
- Go to the “Windows Explorer” tab and open it, navigate to the parent folder listed in the QB error 1321 message in the log file.
- For an example, in the given path C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg the FlashPlayerTrust is the parent folder.
- Go to the parent folder and right-click on it and next go to the “Properties” tab and click on the “Security” icon.
- In the “Group” or “User Names” tabs, click on the “Administrators” option.
For Windows XP Home:
- First, shut down your machine, and then wait for 5 seconds, after that turn-on again your system.
- When starting up the “Windows” logo appears on the screen, then frequently press the “F8” key. Now, you have got many options on a black screen, here, click on the “Safe Mode with Networking” & and next click on the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- In Windows XP Professional, proceed with the directions to update user privileges. First, you need to restart your machine before reinstalling the QuickBooks software.
- Go to the “Group” or “User Names” tab, and click on the “System” icon. Next, go to the ‘Permissions for System’ tab, Make sure that the ‘Full Control’ icon is set to ‘Allow’ icon.
- Next, go to the “Security” tab, and click on the “Advanced” tab.
- On the “Advanced Security Settings” window, Make sure you are on the “Permissions” tab.
- Click on the “Replace Permission Entries on All Child Objects with Entries Shown Here That Apply To Child Objects” and next choose the “OK” icon.
- Click on the “OK” icon to shut-down the “Properties” display.
- Turn the simple file sharing back on and then reinstall the Adobe product.
Method 3: Editing the Windows Permissions on the Folder
Follow the below steps to do this:
- Press and hold the “Windows” and “R” key (Windows + R) simultaneously to open the “Run” box on your keyboard.
- Now, you need to enter the path for the folder containing the QuickBooks program files in the Open field.
- Next, click the “Enter” key.
For QuickBooks Pro and Premier ( 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista)
- Follow path- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2013
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2012
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010
For QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 13.0
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 12.0
For QuickBooks Pro and Premier (64-bit Version of Windows 7 or Vista)
- Follow path- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2013
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2012
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010
For Enterprise Solutions:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 14.0
- Go to the new window, click on “View” and next go to “Customize this folder”.
- Next, go to the “Security tab” in the properties window,
- Go to “Administrators” in the Security tab,
- Later, click on “Allow checkbox” next to the full control option.
- Next, you need to click on the “SYSTEM” user on the security tab.
- Now, click on “Allow checkbox” next to full control.
- At last, Click on “OK” to quit the “Properties” window and Install the QuickBooks.
Take QuickBooks Enterprise support, to edit windows permission in 32-bit version.
Method 4: Temporarily turn off antivirus software and reinstall or update
- You need to disable your antivirus temporarily or any other security software that is installed in your system.
- When all your security software is disabled or turned off, then you need to install the QuickBooks software or look for any latest release update.
- If you notice any update is pending, then download and install it.
- At last, after updating the QuickBooks, you can activate your antivirus or other security software.