Fix Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access path to directory
- Last Updated on: December 7th, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error
The error 1303 occur when you installing Quickbooks. The installer has insufficient authority to access the directory like a path to the directory. Here we discuss the steps to fix this error. Either you can follow the instruction to solve this problem or you can get help from our Intuit certified ProAdvisors to save your time and effort. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Error support number +1-855-441-4417.
Cause for the Error 1303
This error can occur when there are no full control privileges for the system group or the directory mentioned in the error in each group.
Now, In this section, we know the solution and method to fix the problem.
How to fix QuickBooks error 1303
There is 2 possible method to a solution for changing authority setting for the system and everyone group.
- A utility has been created that resets system groups and all group permissions settings to Windows default settings.
- Manually change the permissions for the system in full control and folder C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Groups for All Users.
Note for Vista Window: Due to differences in file structures and permissions, the utility will not work on Windows Vista. If you are facing this issue in Windows Vista, please manually adjust the permissions.
Running the utility-
A utility has been created that resets system groups and all group permissions settings to Windows default settings:
- Click on the Link: PermissionsFix.bat.
- Then select save, and save file on the desktop of the affected system.
- After that double-click on the file, which will open the DOS window in desktop screen and you can type “y” at prompt, Running this script will reset the permissions of the affected folders to the default settings. are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)
Note: You can type ‘y’ only lowercase(small letter) to initiate script. If you typing Y in uppercase you will return to an error.
- Once you file runs then press any key to exit DOS window.
- After doing all step you must insert the QuickBooks CD and try to install again.
Manually Adjusting Permission
To manually change permission you have full control for the system and everyone group for the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.
For Microsoft Window Vista
There are few steps for changing permission-
- First of all, you can click on the Start button.
- The start menu opens you can click in the Start Search area, now enter the path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and click OK or press Enter key. This action opens a window that displays the folder.
- In this Folder window, click on organize and then select Properties.
- In Property section, select the Security window.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- After that click on Edit button and click it again on the next screen.
- Scroll down in the bottom of permission entries list and double-click on the system user.
- In the Allow Columns, select the checkbox for the full control row and click OK. Repeat steps 7 and 8 with each group (if it exists).
- Check the box labeled all existing heritage permissions on all descendants with legacy permissions from this object. Click OK in both Advanced Security Settings window and then in the COMMON FILES Properties window.
- Now Install QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks is still unable to install and error 1303 remains, please continue with the steps below to stop simple file sharing:
- You must do the right click on the Start button and choose Explore.
- In the Explore tab, choose Tool menu and select Folder option.
- Click the View tab and scroll down to the Advanced Settings list.
- Simple click on Use simple file sharing (recommended) to clear the box.
- Now, click Ok and install QuickBooks.
I hope this will help you to fix QuickBooks Error 1303, if not then get help from Intuit certified professionals, dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support number +1-855-44-4417.