Manually add inventory products in QuickBooks Online Plus and QBO Advanced is such a challenging and tiresome job, now you’ll be able to do this by referring to our blog. In QuickBooks Online, it is challenging in the context of adding everything which you purchase and sell out in your inventory. Then, let QuickBooks update the quantity at the same moment as you work so you don’t have to do this.
Once everything is set up properly, then it would be easy to track inventories in QuickBooks Online, and addition of products in the sales forms. After you turn on inventory tracking functions, you can manage inventory as well as receiving alerts when it’s time to reorder or create purchase orders. By reading our manual guide QBO users can add inventory products in QBO instantly.
- Steps to Add Inventory Products in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced
- Wrapping up
Start your reading from here, now we are ready to discuss the product and services types as well as steps taken to add inventory products in QBO. Read it carefully for getting the complete knowledge of your issue.
Know about Product and Service Types
Inventory: It includes products you sell and track quantities for. In this, the inventory’s features are available for QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced. Collectively information gets to visit the setup inventory in QuickBooks Online.
Non-Inventory: It includes products and items you buy and sell, but you’ll not require to track quantities. Look at the example to know about this, nuts and bolts you use for installation jobs but unable to sell it directly.
Services: It includes services you need to give your customers
Bundle: You have to sell several services or products together as an individual item. For example, you can use a gift basket.
Steps to Add Inventory Products in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced
You will know the steps taken to add inventory products in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced. Follow the steps as per their given sequence to get better results. These steps are:
Step 1: Turn on Inventory Tracking
Ensure that you have turned on inventory tracking so that you can easily add inventory items.
Step 2: Add your Product’s name, SKU, and Category
Once the settings are in order, pick the steps listed below to add your inventory products. These steps are:
Tip: Are you already keeping track of your products in a spreadsheet? Save your time and import all of them at the same time rather than one by one.
- To begin, you have to visit the “Sales” and then “Products and Services”
- After that, you have to choose “New” or “Add a Product or Service”. And, then click on the “Inventory” option
- Now simply add a name, SKU, or category for what you’re tracking.
Tip: Categories let you group the product and services of yours together so that they are easy to find.
Step 3: Adding your Product’s Quantity, Reorder Point, and Inventory Asset Account
- In this, you are required to add the product’s “Initial quality on hand”. Then you have to enter when you started tracking that quantity as per to you in the “As of Date” field.
Note: If you are a new user who recently joined QuickBooks, the initial quantity will be dependent on what date you plan to start tracking your business.
Now, look at an example to know about it properly, If you start tracking from the starting of your fiscal year, manually enter your products and quantities at that moment. But if you simply work on adding a new product from a vendor then you have to enter “0” as in its initial quantity. Then after saving, you can either check out or track how many of the products you get it to the vendors. It ensures you to make double of its initial quantity.
- Add the “Reorder Point” for getting alerts on your screen when you log on and the time to reorder nears.
- Now you have to choose the “Inventory asset account ▼” drop-down menu and then click on the “Inventory Asset” option. QuickBooks uses this account to track the cost of all the products you have in your inventory or inventory value.
Step 4: Add your Product’s Sales, Tax, and Purchasing Info
- You have to add your product’s description on sales forms, will represent invoices, sales receipts, and other forms you send out to your customers.
- Now click on the “Income account ▼” from the drop-down menu and browse the account you used to track what you have to sell.
Tip: Choose an income account already setup by QuickBooks for you, But if you require a new account, then simply scroll up whenever you visit at the top of the drop-down menu and choose “+Add New”. Or you can learn more on charts of accounts at first.
- Choose the Sales tax category ▼ drop-down menu, and specify how the item will be taxed. If you are unable to check out the drop-down then simply set up the sales tax in QuickBooks.
- Add your product’s description on the purchase forms and it will appear on bills, purchase orders and other forms send it to the vendors.
- Add the Product’s “Cost”. If you will see fewer changes then don’t worry, you can still enter the updated price when you are buying supplies.
- You can click on the “Cost of Goods Sold” from the “Expense account ▼” drop-down menu. QuickBooks uses this account for tracking the cost of products you have sold.
- Click on the preferred vendor, QuickBooks remembers your preferred vendor so that you can record this product easily.
- Click on the “Save and Close” option to finish it
When you start selling new products, you have to apply the same steps to set them up.
How to Change a Non Inventory Product to Inventory
Are you required to start tracking the supply of a product you set up as a non-inventory?. Then you have to manually change its type to inventory rather than creating a new item.
Thanks for visiting here! We wish all your doubts and confusions are now cleared to you through this blog. But if the queries are still going on, then contact immediately at our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors through the 24/7 help desk technical support toll-free number +1-855-441-4417. Our expertise has many years of experience and they will definitely provide a complete resolution to any kind of queries either add inventory products in QuickBooks Online, fix it any time throughout the USA.
For instant help regularly join our QuickBooks Community and get positive results from us. In addition, you will get a facility to provide feedback regarding our services while contacting us.