Looking for easy steps to fix QuickBooks error H101, then you are on the right page. In this article, we’ll try to cover all the reasons for QB error H101 and its solution as well. So read the full article if you want to how to fix QuickBooks Error H101 instantly and in simple steps. Go through the complete article to resolve your query with different solutions having the image of process flow to offer you ease of understanding. Still, having an issue contact us toll-free :+1-844-405-0904
It is quite common to face QuickBooks Error H101 during operating t QuickBooks accounting software. This error normally arises when a user tries to switch between the single-user mode and multi-user mode in QuickBooks. Apart from this, there are also some other conditions where this error might take place.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error H101
Below mentioned are some reasons and conditions under which QuickBooks error H101 arises. Find a suitable reason due to which the error is occurring on your computer and then find a solution for it.
- The system that you use to run QuickBooks is unable to connect to its server.
- When firewall settings of your PC are blocking QuickBooks to access the company files.
- The file configuration you are using may be damaged or corrupted.
- The communication service you are using on your computer is blocking incoming and outgoing.
- The user is unable to get access to the QuickBooks company files.
- QuickBooks is unable to track the IP address of your computer.
- This error may also occur when you try to access a file that is not installed on the server.
- The server is not able to find the location of the file.
Various Solutions of QuickBooks Error H101
After you identify the reason that causing QB error H101 in your QuickBooks accounting software. Then you can take action accordingly and troubleshoot the error easily. Below we have mentioned a few solutions that you try.
Solution 1: Verify the Hosting you are using
- First, open the QuickBooks accounting software in your system.
- Then, go to the File option and select the Utilities option.
- You need to stop hosting the Multi-user access from every system. If there is an option Host Multi-user Access then you don’t need to do anything.
- But if there is an option of Stop Multi-User Access then select this option to disable multi-user access.
- You need to check and disable Multi-user on every computer one by one.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks Services
- First, open the Run command box by pressing the Windows Button+R.
- In the search box type services.MSc and then run the command.
- Then, in the services window search for the QuickBooksDBXX service by scrolling up and down.
- Now check whether the startup type is automatic or not and also make sure the status is running.
- In the same window, open the recovery tab.
- Now from the First Failure drop-down menu, select the Restart the Service option.
- Select the same option i.e. Restart the Service in the Second Failure and Subsequent Failures.
- Click OK to make and save changes.
- You need to repeat the same steps for the QBCFMonitorServices also.
- Finally, run the QuickBooks software on every system that previously was showing QB H101 error.
Solution 3: Create a New Folder for QB Company Files
- You can also create a new folder for company files and then share it among the hosting computers.
- Setup windows to get the entry for sharing QuickBooks company files.
- Copy all the files with .Qbw file extension into a new folder.
- Finally, you can check whether company files are opening in Multi-user mode or not.
Solution 4: Fix Error using QuickBooks File Doctor
If you are using the latest version of QuickBooks accounting software then you can also use it to QuickBooks File Doctor to troubleshoot the QB Error H101. Along with this QB File Doctor can also detect other errors automatically and will resolve them too instantly. You can also download the QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website and then install it to fix QuickBooks errors.
In this article, we’ve discussed what is QB error H101, reasons behind the error, and how to fix QuickBooks error H101. We’ve mentioned the four solutions in easy steps that every user can understand without any issue.
But, if you are still facing errors while using the QuickBooks software then we recommend you to have advice from a professional. You can take assistance from our team of QuickBooks Proadvisors for instant solutions. Our team consists of certified and experienced technical experts who can easily fix any error. Call us at our 24/7 toll-free technical support number +1-844-405-0904.