Convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks online
- Last Updated on: March 13th, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Online
An Introduction-QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks online
Recently, it is discovered that QuickBooks Enterprise is not satisfying the user needs. It may also too costly to keep going with the new QuickBooks Enterprise (QBES) subscription model. There is no any way to convert it to Pro or Premier. But there is an efficient way of using QuickBooks Online (QBO) as a pass-through conversion tool. Recently, Intuit has made it easier and faster to this conversion by leaving much less cleanup work to do. After doing this, you can easily import your QBES data or files into QBO and then export it back to Desktop version (QBDT). Below you’ll get process to convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Before converting QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop to QuickBooks Online, you should do two important steps:
- You must logged-in already as the Administrator in both the Desktop file and QuickBooks Online.
- You should not have 350,000 or more QB company files.
How to convert from QuickBooks Desktop to online
- Check the files requirement: You have to only import your data to QuickBooks online within the first 60 days of the subscription start date. If you have your QBO subscription for more than 60 days, then you have two options:
- Find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor who should be converted files within the first 180 days of their subscription start date.
- Set up a new QuickBooks online subscription and use a different kind of email address.
- Prepare your QuickBooks Desktop data for Export: Following the below steps as a checklist to ensure your data is ready for export:
- Complete outstanding tasks
- Backup your data
- Update your data
- Create a QuickBooks online accounts: In the next window, you will enter basic contact information like email address, name, and mobile number and password to get your QuickBooks online account set up.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop: Sign in to your QuickBooks Desktop account you are converting from. You will need to export your data out of this account and into QuickBooks Online.
- Click on company icon, select “export company file to QuickBooks online”: If you do not see the export company file to QuickBooks Online option, you need to download the most recent update.
- Click on the help icon, select Update QuickBooks.
- Sign back into your QuickBooks Online account: Enter your ID & password.
- Indicate Whether you want to bring Over inventory: If you are managing your inventory in the QuickBooks Desktop, it is currently valued using the average cost method. If you decide to bring the existing inventory into the QuickBooks online, it will be using the FIFO method, which may have a significant effect on the value of your inventory.
- Select your QuickBooks online Company: Select your QuickBooks Online company that you want the data to import to from the drop-down list.
- Data file copy: The length of time this procedure takes is dependent on how alarge your file is. If you have a lot of data, this could take a few minutes but if you do have large file, it could take several hours.
How to convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online?
To convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online to import your database, do follow some steps:
- Open QuickBooks Online and subscribe here.
- Before conversion, please make a backup file of your QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Create a second copy by restoring the backup file so that if anything goes wrong your original file is safe.
- Now, open QB Enterprise Solutions on the home screen.
- To open Product Information window, press Ctrl+1.
- Press Ctrl+b followed by Ctrl+q keys from the keyboard.
- Click on OK to close the window.
Now, below screen will automatically come up. If it doesn’t come, try to do steps 2 and 3 once more.
- Please enter your QBO user ID and Password.
- Agree to the Terms of Service and click on Submit.
- Enter pick the QBO company or choose the option to create a new Online Company.
- Choose the options whether you want to import only Lists and balances or All company data from your Enterprise company file into QBO file.
- Click on OK, got it.
Now, Intuit will send an email to the email associated with the QBO User ID when the file has been incorporated into the QuickBooks Online Company file.)
After receiving the Intuit’s email mentioning that your data has been incorporated into your QBO Company file, again log-in to your QBO account. Now, you can compare your QuickBooks online data with your QuickBooks Desktop Data or files.
Hope this article will be worthy and helpful for you. If you also have any queries related to Payroll, you can get in touch with our technical executives by dialing QuickBooks Payroll Support phone number 1-855-441-4417 available around a clock.