QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505
- Last Updated on: July 22nd, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505: Fix Resolve Support
QuickBooks company error H101, H202, H303, or H505, this is the most common error which mostly happens when you are trying to access company files which are located on another computer and you would be getting this error.
In today’s post, we are going to discuss all these in detail. You may follow these instructions to fix this error code by yourself. Also, if you want to hire an expert to quickly resolve it for you; you can contact us our QuickBooks Customer Support team. We work for our users and ensure that they get the best result.
Reason behind occurrence of QuickBooks Error codes H101, H201, H303 & H505
When you open company file into multi-user mode shows error:
QuickBooks Error Code H202
- You are trying to work with a company file that is placed on another computer and this replica of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer.
- It appears when QuickBooks software on your computer unable to communicate with the server.
QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H303, H505
- You are attempting to work with company files that are located on another computer and that computer demand extra installation and setup.
Why this Error occurs:
Company Desktop is trying to make a connection to company files but unable to communicate with the server. There are several issues which can be the reason behind the occurrence of this error:
- Incorrect hosting configuration setting.
- When QB Firewall setting blocking to access company files or it’s blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Damaged or incorrect.ND files configuration that allow QB to access company files in a network.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager unable to find IP address of host computer or using different IP address.
- When the setting of DNS is incorrect.
- QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF are not started.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H101, H202, H303, or H505
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. It automatically clears up the H- series and multi-user error. In case you see this error, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify hosting and services
Verify the hosting
- On each hosting computer open QuickBooks and go to File>Utilities.
- See Host Multi-User Access on the list, this computer is not hosting the file. Move to the next laptop. Remember don’t change anything in your workstation.
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, select it.
- In the Company, File Must Be Closed window, click Yes.
Verify the services
- Ensure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor Service are started.
- Click on Windows Start button.
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the run box.
- In run box type MSC and press Enter.
- Service window: scroll down and presence for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- If unable to see QuickBooksDBXX Service:
- Using Database Server Manager, then confirm that Database Server Manager also installed on server
- If you run the full program on the server, open QuickBooks, choose and verify that hosting is enabled.
- Double-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and confirm that the Startup Type is and service status is begun.
- Click on Recovery
- Open computer system menu selects restart, this will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service if it fails. Do the same for Second failure.
- Click to save the changes.
- Replay the above all steps for QBCFMonitor Service
- Now open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
Solution 3: Open network ports QuickBooks to communicate Configure the Firewall
Uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender that comes built into home Windows 8. For any queries, contact the AVG guide provider or if you would really like to maintain the AVG software. Follow the given steps on each computer:
- Make connection Windows Firewall Settings
- On the left, right-click on Outbound Rules, and select New Rule
- Select Ports and click Next.
- Choose TCP and in the specific local ports box.
- Click Next and select Allow the Connection.
- Click Next to enter a name in the name field (for example, “QuickBooks ports”) and click Finish.
- Repeat above steps for the Inbound Rules.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Add your server to the Windows host file
Edit the Windows hosts file.
Solution 5: Create a new folder for your company file and share it by allowing access to share company files.
- At the hosting computer, create a new folder, share it, and set windows to get entry to permissions to share company files.
- Copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Open your company files in multi-user mode.
Enjoy our fabulous QuickBooks error support services: Hope, you find this article useful. Still, having some question? Well, our QuickBooks enterprise support phone number +1-855-441-4417 is always open to assist you.