Are you worried about “How to Customize a Paycheck Layout or Pay Stub in QuickBooks Desktop?”. You don’t need to take more stress on your mind, just read out the customization steps provided to you through this article. Follow the below-mentioned steps in a given sequence to customize the information that displays and prints on a paycheck voucher or pay stub in QuickBooks. If you face any problem, contact us: +1-844-405-0904
Let’s start the procedure without taking your very much time. So Let’s know how to do it with easy and simple steps:
Steps to Customize a Paycheck Layout or Pay Stub in QuickBooks Desktop
Here, you will know the procedure that helps you to Customize a Paycheck Layout or Pay Stub in QuickBooks Desktop. To provide a great understanding we have covered the process of printing of account name on the check voucher, adding format of company name, logo, signature, and a way of customizing the pay stub voucher, and many other details. So look at the below steps and start your process:
How to Print Account Names on Check Voucher(Steps)
To print account names on the check voucher, you have to follow the simple steps by remembering their sequence provided to you. But still, we advised to follow the steps carefully that are listed below:
- To begin, you have to choose “Edit” and then pick the “Preferences” option by clicking on it
- After that, choose “Checking” and then pick the “Company Preferences” tab in a single click on it.
- Now simply choose the “Print Accounts Names on Voucher” option. Then click on the “Ok” option. Two basic points you have to keep in your mind:
- For inventory purchases, you have to check out the Check/paycheck that is not used, the first 16 lines of the account name will appear to you
- For inventory purchases, you have to check out the check/paycheck that is used, The payroll item or inventory will appear to you through QuickBooks.
How to Add Company Name & Address, Logo, and Signature(Steps)
Check the steps to add Company name and address, logo, and Signature. The steps you will get it from here were very helpful to do it manually. These are:
- In the starting, visit the “File” and then choose “Printer setup”
- Choose “Check/PayCheck”, you will get it under the Form Name drop-down menu
- Under “Settings”, you basically have two option, you can either select all or go for any of the following listed below:
- Printing of company name and address
- Using logo
- Printing the Signature Image
Now move to Customize pay stubs and Pay Check Voucher to proceed further.
Also Read: How to Create a Paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop
How to Customize Pay Stubs and Paycheck Vouchers(Steps)
Here you will learn that you are eligible to customize employee pay stubs for displaying the employee information, company addresses, sick, and vacation information. All these details you will get it from here by following the steps described below.
To add or remove the information from a pay stub or voucher just go through the steps:
- Firstly, you have to choose “Edit” and then pick the “Preferences” option by clicking on it
- After that, choose the “Payroll and Employees”, and then pick the “Company Preferences” tab by clicking on the option.
- Now you have to choose the “Pay Stub and Voucher Printing” option
- Perform a few operations to deselect to clear any of the checkboxes inside the “Payroll Printing Preferences” window for showing the information.
Here you will see the List of Items helps you to Select to Print or not to on the Paycheck Vouchers or Pay Stubs:
- Vacation and Sick Used (In the Print as a box, you have to enter a term to change how the term prints on the voucher or pay stubs such as PTO or flextime.)
- Legal company name
- Federal employer identification number
- DBA company name
- Company phone number
- Non-taxable company items
- Employee social security number
- The last four digits of SSNs and bank account numbers will only appear to you. (Depending upon the state’s requirements, employee SSNs are not removed from the pay stubs, but alternatively you can select the option that only displays the last four digits))
- Hours for salaried employees(As per the legal requirements, No one is eligible to remove the salary hours from pay stubs.
- Choose either Standard font size or Large font size
- Print Intuit logo
- Again hit the OK option.
As per the Legal Requirements, the listed information can’t be removed from a Pay Stub:
- Salary or hourly rate
- Working Hours or hours worked
- The amount of pay for the period
- Paying period
- Employee taxes
- Deductions from and additions to wages
- Taxable company contributions
- Net pays
- For the preceding items, check out the Year-to-date amounts
- Name and address of the Company working for
- Social Security number of the Employee
Note: This will represent your state and also check with your state for their legal requirements.
May the procedure defined in this article will resolve all your queries related to the topic, but if you are unable to fix the issue to Customize a Paycheck Layout or Pay Stub in QuickBooks Desktop through our manual steps, the other option we have for you is to connect with our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. Get connected with them by calling on our 24/7 help desk customer care helpline +1-844-405-0904
We hope you liked this article! For more help, dial our helpline number and get solutions to any of your problems that arise in QuickBooks, fix it anytime and from any location all over the USA.