QuickBooks Performance Issues: Fix Support 1(855)441-4417
- Last Updated on: July 21st, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: QuickBooks Support
Like other software’s, QuickBooks has also some issues which occur while using this accounting software. When you are trying to operate QuickBooks Desktop over a network or with a big company file, you’ll expertise certain varieties of performance problems about slowness, taking a protracted time to open, or different critical similar behavior. It’s important to understand the various types of QuickBooks performance issues that may occur:
- Taking a long time to open the file.
- Company file tasks slow down as the number of users signing into the file increase
- Company file runs fine in the morning and slows down as the day progresses.
- Performance issues for everyone in the office.
- Performance issues may occur for only one or more people in the office.
- Intermittent performance issues (certain tasks are quick, while others are slow).
- If you see similar data issues in multiple data files, indicating that the network is damaging your company data files.
Make Sure network setup is following these:
- Improve your computer’s RAM, speed or performance.
- Company file storage location.
- Choose the best network for your QuickBooks.
Steps to know the presence of Gigabit network
- Press and hold the CTRL + SHIFT + Esc keys.
- This will open the Task Manager.
- Select the Networking tab.
- See if your Local Area Connection shows 1 Gbps then you have a gigabit network.
Resolve all performance problems
Solution 1: Create a backup file to reset the TLG file and resort lists
Maybe creating a backup of recent file helps to improve performance in QuickBooks because it resets the .TLG file. For detail of transaction log file follow bellow steps:
- Go to the program > choose the File menu > Backup Company, and select Create Local Backup.
- Choose Local Backup > click Options.
- In the Tell us where to save your backup copies, select your Desktop
- Make sure that a Complete Verification is selected and click OK.
- Choose to Save it Now and click Next. In the Save Backup Copy window, choose your Desktop > click Save.
Your QuickBooks will now create a backup file to your desktop.
Solution 2: Test speed with the help of UNC path and the desktop
Always open the file through UNC path instead of Mapped Drive
→ Test speed locally
Solution 3: Make less company file Fragments and perform Disk Defragmentation
- Company file is local to the Desktop, create and restore a portable file.
Note: This step will reduce file fragments which may good for performance speed.
- After completion of creating/restoring a portable file, attempt disk defragmentation. Note- Do not perform disk fragmentation if you are using Solid State Drive.
- Click the Start button > select All Programs > Select Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmentation.
- Next, Click the Defragmentation button and follow instructions that appear on your display screen to defragment your hard drive.
Solution 4: Dispute Third Party Programs and Antivirus software
→ Check Antivirus software: Some of the antivirus programs can cause performance issues of your QuickBooks, so you can disable it temporarily to see if performance improves.
→ Check Third Party performance
- Press the Window key + R to open the Run Command, type msconfig and press Enter.
- Choose Diagnostic Startup > press OK.
- Now, reboot your computer and test the performance.
- Proceed to next solution if the performance is the same.
Solution 5: Check for performance issues within your company file in QuickBooks
→ Check speed of QuickBooks for all users, all of the time
- Go to your company file > Select File menu > Utilities > Verify Data
- Click OK
→ Check, Is QuickBooks only slow for some users
- Try using new template for your transaction. Go to Lists > Select Template
- Click the Template button and select New
- Click the Manage Templates button.
- Give a name to your new template and click OK.
- Now Click OK again to close Basic Customization window.
Have queries related to QuickBooks performance issues? You can contact our QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number 1(855)441-4417. Our team is always ready to help to QuickBooks users, you can contact us anytime, we are 24/7 available so feel free and ask your queries to our experts.